Moparts

Floyd Garrett Passed Away.....

Posted By: SportFuryS/23383

Floyd Garrett Passed Away..... - 12/22/21 04:25 AM

Not sure if this was posted here already or if anyone knew but I saw this on FBBO today.....

https://www.themountainpress.com/news/floyd-garrett-cars-were-in-his-blood/article_453e3a2a-0fd4-586f-be88-33a5a7f32a36.html#:~:text=Floyd%20Garrett%20died%20last%20month%20after%20closing%20his,love%20for%20cars%20started%20when%20he%20was%20young

Re: Floyd Garrett Passed Away..... - 12/22/21 04:27 AM

Let me know if you can open the link, if not I will recopy it. Thanks! up
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Floyd Garrett Passed Away..... - 12/22/21 05:05 AM

A direct link....

--> Floyd Garrett Obituary <--

Re: Floyd Garrett Passed Away..... - 12/22/21 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by John Brown
A direct link....

--> Floyd Garrett Obituary <--

That would be the link I was gonna post, thanks! up
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Floyd Garrett Passed Away..... - 12/22/21 06:42 PM

RIP Floyd. Very nice guy.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Floyd Garrett Passed Away..... - 12/22/21 08:28 PM

cant read it without creating an account
Posted By: 4x4 Roundup

Re: Floyd Garrett Passed Away..... - 12/22/21 08:40 PM

Current issue (Feb.2022) of Mopar Collectors Guide has an article about his death. angel
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Floyd Garrett Passed Away..... - 12/22/21 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by 05dakota
cant read it without creating an account

.........................................................................................................................

Floyd Garrett ~ Cars were in his blood

By Katelyn Lindsey Staff Writer Nov 9, 2021 Updated Dec 19, 2021

[several pictures are blocked]

Ava Garrett, left, enjoys time with her husband Floyd Garrett in this undated photo. Floyd Garrett died last month after closing his beloved business, Floyd Garrett’s Muscle Car Museum.

SEVIERVILLE- Floyd Garrett, owner of Floyd Garrett’s Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, passed away late last month.

His love for cars started when he was young. His wife, Ava Garrett, said he couldn’t wait to get out of school to go hot rodding. The couple knew each other all his life, and she saw firsthand those early years of his passion for cars.

“I have been so blessed to be his wife,” Ava Garrett said.

Ava said Floyd Garrett’s Muscle Car Museum was his dream his entire life, and he was blessed to be able to make it happen.

The museum was open for 25 years before closing on Oct. 31. Floyd knew it was time to retire.

“He was always at the museum sitting on the stool behind the counter, unless he had a doctor’s appointment or had to take a car somewhere,” Ava Garrett said.

Before Floyd opened the museum, he worked in a trucking business.

When he was younger he worked at a friend’s gas station, in a time when people would pump gas for the drivers.

Whenever he would pump someone’s gas, he would capture any dribble from the pump into a gas can instead of letting it hit the ground. He would then save this gas and use it for the weekends or for racing.

Ava Garrett said her husband was known around car shows for bringing beautiful vehicles that others could not compete against.

She said others they knew would say “I’m not taking my car if Garrett is because he always wins.”

Garrett would give away most of the trophies he won to the people who helped work on his cars.

Ava Garrett said her husband never gave himself enough credit for his intelligence.

“He could remember the first bolt on any car right off the assembly line, but he couldn’t remember to take out the trash” she quipped.

Floyd Garrett worked hard his entire life and was beloved by people all over the world, Ava said.
...................................................................................................................................................................................

I was able to view the entire article by right clicking on the link, and then opening in incognito mode.

Doing that will get you around many (not all) web sites that are blocking their content.
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Floyd Garrett Passed Away..... - 12/24/21 01:07 AM

thanks for copying.

RIP :angel

Carsten
© 2024 Moparts Forums