Moparts

My Chuckle For The Day

Posted By: 6PakBee

My Chuckle For The Day - 11/09/21 01:54 AM

I ordered some material and here is the latest tracking information.

Tracking details

Nov 2, 2021
5:54pm

Package transferred to post office
BISMARCK, ND 58504

Nov 3, 2021
12:17pm

Arrived at Regional Distribution Center
AVENEL, NJ 07001

Nov 5, 2021
11:53am

Departed from Regional Distribution Center
BROOKLYN PARK, MN 55445

Nov 8, 2021
10:35am

Shipment Received; Package Acceptance Pending
BISMARCK, ND 58504

Apparently the USPS believes in some sightseeing for packages!
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: My Chuckle For The Day - 11/09/21 02:18 AM

Dang...at some point your sense of humor will wear thin.

But maybe to your point, The tracking is a poetic method of pointing out to the shipper their wasted efforts/$$$. Will they HEAR YOU... shruggy ....hopefully.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: My Chuckle For The Day - 11/09/21 02:43 AM

Good lord, that's just stupid.

I shipped out (via FedEx) a small package (for work) Friday morning to Brazil......BRAZIL. Both the customer and I were expecting it to arrive Wednesday or Thursday especially by the time it got thru customs........the customer got it TODAY. shock

shruggy
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: My Chuckle For The Day - 11/09/21 06:36 AM

I shipped a small package from Tucson to Scottsdale, Arizona last month, about a 100 mile trip. The package went through LA and some other places and took 15 days to deliver. I figure I could have walked it there in 3 or 4 days...
Posted By: VL21

Re: My Chuckle For The Day - 11/09/21 03:42 PM

For what ever reason anything coming to me (30 miles N of Orlando) spends about 3 or 4 days shuttling around the Orl area (arrived/departed minutes apart) before making it ALL the way up here.
Maybe they are waiting to make up a load worth hauling.

And like the OP I have had stuff make it to Tampa (75 miles) and be sent back to New Jersey, then Jax, then Orl ... sometimes I think they don't have time(or want to) sort stuff, so it gets tossed on the next truck leaving.

I bought a hat from Garage 54 (utube) , coming from Russia, it will be interesting to see how long that takes, if it shows up at all.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: My Chuckle For The Day - 11/09/21 04:55 PM

It's called the "hub" concept...very few things go direct between points, kinda like the airlines. Fly from the west coast to NY with a stop in Atlanta.
Posted By: wingman

Re: My Chuckle For The Day - 11/09/21 05:23 PM

That's an extreme case for sure, but nothing new.

If I drop a letter in the mailbox, addressed to someone who lives a block away, it's still going to go to the local distribution center first, then be put on a route for delivery.

You may live a mile away from the plant where your car was built, but they ain't going to drive it directly to your house...
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: My Chuckle For The Day - 11/09/21 05:43 PM

I have had similar events with USPS shipped items. cant let a package arrive too soon... it will set an un acceptable precedent
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: My Chuckle For The Day - 11/09/21 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
It's called the "hub" concept...very few things go direct between points, kinda like the airlines. Fly from the west coast to NY with a stop in Atlanta.

Hub is nothing new. But NJ is not really a good hub location for ND. St Louis or Chicago would make sense.
Posted By: theraif

Re: My Chuckle For The Day - 11/09/21 06:45 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: My Chuckle For The Day - 11/10/21 01:04 AM

Everything for the midwest around Chicago goes through the Carol Stream, IL hub no matter what state surrounding Illinoise that it is mailed from...
© 2024 Moparts Forums