Attached picture planes.jpg
Attached picture trains.jpg
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Planes Trains and .. - 11/07/21 11:41 PM

Great movie, and a cool tribute car!
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Planes Trains and .. - 11/08/21 01:02 AM

That's hilarious and yes, FUNNY movie loaded with great lines! laugh

"You're no saint. You got a free cab, you got a free room and someone who will listen to your boring stories. I mean, didn't you notice on the plane when you started talking, eventually I started reading the vomit bag? Didn't that give you some sort of clue, like hey, maybe this guy is not enjoying it? You know, everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that, that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle. Your stories have none of that! They're not even amusing accidentally. Honey, I'd like you to meet Del Griffith. He's got some amusing anecdotes for ya. Oh, and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it. I-I could tolerate any, any insurance seminar, for days. I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can ya stand it?" And I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take anything." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The shower curtain ring guy." It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest. You know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except that I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back, you would. And by the way, you know, when, when you're telling these little stories, here's a good idea. Have a point. It makes it so much more interesting for the listener"!
Posted By: Neil

Re: Planes Trains and .. - 11/08/21 01:09 AM

https://youtu.be/dbgOACJpZg0
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Planes Trains and .. - 11/08/21 02:28 AM

Hey Larry, your movie quote reminded me of ol Doc........... work

Anyways........

Great movie! I like watching videos made of filing locations then and now. 'Scott On Tape' on YouTube covered this movie not too long ago and he even found the train used in the movie! Hope some of you find it interesting too.

popcorn
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Planes Trains and .. - 11/08/21 03:22 AM

Ole Steve was talkin about that JUNK from MINIsoda !

A pillow case full of styrofoam packing peanuts would probably be way more comfy penguin

Attached picture 2A58FCA6-5D09-4C10-8C08-16F0F9526BB6.png
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Planes Trains and .. - 11/08/21 03:07 PM

this scene still makes me lol .

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Neil

Re: Planes Trains and .. - 11/08/21 04:58 PM

That dog's face. laugh2
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: Planes Trains and .. - 11/09/21 01:48 AM

What do you think the temperature is?... One.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Planes Trains and .. - 11/09/21 04:37 PM

"i really don't know how fast i was going officer. the speedometer is kinda melty. but the radio works really well !" laugh2

great movie !
beer
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Planes Trains and .. - 11/09/21 06:48 PM

That movie certainly ranks as one of the funniest movies of all time.
There's a guy in this area who has a great replica build of the Family Truckster station wagon from Vacation. His car is always one of the most popular ones when it shows up at a cruise. I'm sure this Planes,Trains and Automobile replica would be an equally big hit at shows and cruises.
The wagon would be a heck of a lot more comfortable to drive though!
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Planes Trains and .. - 11/09/21 09:08 PM

Steve Martin and the rental car lady (Edie McClurg) is a timeless classic! up
© 2024 Moparts Forums