Moparts

Pole saw recommendations.

Posted By: GMP440

Pole saw recommendations. - 10/16/21 05:07 AM

Want to buy a battery operated pole saw. Anyone on the board use one? What brand do you have and how well is it working for you? Thanks.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Pole saw recommendations. - 10/16/21 06:05 AM

We have a gas Troy Built pole saw. So do know it works well.
Yes I know ya asked battery. Only thing we have is 40 volt blower from Ryobi. It is every bit as good as a gas one.
If the pole saw broke I would get A Ryobi so as the have them use same charger and batts.
It was not cheap, the blower was over 200 but again is every good as gas ones I have used.
We got it since all our other stuff is 4 stroke and did not want to mix oil and gas for one tool.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Pole saw recommendations. - 10/16/21 01:48 PM

Following this post. I have an older craftsman weedwacker and bought the pole saw attachment. It works but I know a battery powered on would be a little easier, safer, and lighter to climb around with.
Posted By: VS29H0B

Re: Pole saw recommendations. - 10/16/21 02:21 PM

Depending on the amount of work and size of the tree limbs, a corded electric pole saw is a decent alternative. My neighbor has a corded Remington and that unit does good work.
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: Pole saw recommendations. - 10/16/21 02:28 PM

I have a Green works 40v battery telescope. I like it very handy. Dislike is the telescoping features.
Doesn't always stay in place, cumbersome to use at times. The quick clamps can be a pita.
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Pole saw recommendations. - 10/16/21 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by VS29H0B
Depending on the amount of work and size of the tree limbs, a corded electric pole saw is a decent alternative. My neighbor has a corded Remington and that unit does good work.

i have a corded electric Remington. i think it only has a 6" blade on it. it works excellent.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Pole saw recommendations. - 10/16/21 03:15 PM

I have a corded Sun Joe.

Sun Joe Pole Saw

I have used the crap out of this saw and it's still going strong. Oregon chain, auto lube, I love it.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Pole saw recommendations. - 10/16/21 03:56 PM

I don't have the need for a pole saw very often so I bought this one, the pruner is very handy too.

https://taylorcountytiresalesinc.st...pruners/professional-pole-pruners/pp900/
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Pole saw recommendations. - 10/16/21 04:58 PM

I also have a manual pole saw with 3 long poles I use on the very tall Canary Island Date Palms. Was 60 bucks at Amazon and does very well on the palm limbs.
Posted By: ro23_j

Re: Pole saw recommendations. - 10/16/21 05:03 PM

I bought a 40 volt Lynxx telescoping pole saw from Harbor Freight. It has a ten inch bar with an Oregon chain with chain oiler. At full extension, I can reach about ten feet and I usually get tired long before the battery needs charged.

I have used it for the last two years and it works great.
Posted By: HoosierTA

Re: Pole saw recommendations. - 10/17/21 03:05 AM

I am waiting for Harbor Freight to restock the Bauer unit. Mostly because I have the battery and charger for the leaf blower, and little chain saw. I got the little chainsaw since I had the battery system. Gave it a shot and the thing is great for cutting limbs off firewood logs.

I need a pole saw and figure it is similar to the chainsaw. I don’t know what all your needs are, but select a brand that offers other battery powered tools you may need.

I am looking at upgrading to 80 volt, primarily to have a good workhorse battery saw. I cut wood on a very regular basis and there are times I have a small job that I don’t want to smell like gas and exhaust smoke for five minutes of chore..

Several of my deputies keep Dewalt chainsaws in their cars to take care of downed trees. Beats the heck out of waiting an hour for the road department to get out of bed and do it.

I also recommend the battery powered saws for folks who would like to have a saw just in case, occasional home related needs.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Pole saw recommendations. - 10/17/21 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by VS29H0B

I borrow my father-in-law's Remington when I need it. Works great! I should probably buy one($100) but he insists I use his instead.
© 2024 Moparts Forums