Moparts

Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar?

Posted By: rdrnr6970

Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/19/21 11:07 PM

Say you had money to burn who would redo your Mopar?Were Iron Resurrection people!How bout you? drive
Posted By: Neil

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/19/21 11:31 PM

Between the two I'd go with Iron Resurrection so long as I could choose what it was supposed to look like when done.

If I was to let either one just do whatever they wanted then I choose neither. Most of the time when the TV shows get their hands on a Mopar the end product is far removed from what I would want.

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/19/21 11:50 PM

We agree with you!Iron Resurrection is real cool and talented but we'd want to oversee the project. drive
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/19/21 11:52 PM

As Neil said, most TV shows really screw up Mopars when they get their hands on them, bad enough I can barely stand to watch any of them.

If I had money to burn, I'd probably still do it myself!

It would probably still be screwed up, but at least it would be done the way I like it.

I'm too hands on to hand my ride over to anyone else to do what they think I might want, or probably more truthfully, have them do what ever they always wanted to do to a Mopar, weather I liked it or not. Gene
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 12:06 AM

I would probably give it to Foose or Uncle Tony. The Martin Bros. will probably put an LS engine in it like everything else they build. Now I have seen some pretty nice fabrication from those guys in St. Louis, Speed is the new Black I think shruggy They have done some really tasteful customs IMHO.

Gus beer

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 12:13 AM

Speed is the new black guys are talented, They did a nice 62 300 a few years ago
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
I would probably give it to Foose or Uncle Tony.
Gus beer

Uncle Tony?

Yeah. He'd take the 440 out and slam in a 170 Slant Six. GREAT idea......
He is fine for getting a beater up and running but everything he does is hacked and smacked.

Attached picture 1 sweat.jpg
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 02:27 AM

Dave Kindig or Steve Strope....with a LOT of my input. They both have done Mopars without putting LS in it. Rad Rods by Troy would be another option. Troy Trepanier.
Posted By: topside

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 02:37 AM

Well, I usually enjoy both shows, and I like maybe half the vehicles they do...
But I'm not a 20-22" wheel guy, don't want an LS or a chopped top or a frame swap.
So if I couldn't do it myself - and I can plow through some money laugh2 - I'd go with Steve Strope.

If I wanted to hang out and laugh myself silly, Iron Resurrection - especially if Shorty & Pompa were there.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 07:21 AM

Neither spank
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 10:24 AM

So many real world vintage car owners just cruise their cars- drive them to work on Fridays but the TV show car builders say they use the 20" wheels for better handling and to accommodate huge aftermarket disc brakes. How many muscle car owners are doing a road course? Yea 15" tires are getting rare and don't have a high speed rating but again- most cars are doing shows and cruises anyway. All the cars I see are out for a show and shine- cruise thru town and then back home. Big wheels and big brakes and slammed to the ground needed for this? Around the year 2000 the term "Pro Touring " came out and many a vintage muscle car became the victim of people like Foose starting at this time.
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 11:18 AM

I actually considered calling Martin Brothers to see what they might do. I would suspect that even at a bare minimum entry level it would be more than I would think logical to spend. They do some amazing stuff with metal. Once Kindig did the Coronet, I realized I would not want him doing anything of mine.
Posted By: 68_661charger

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 11:22 AM

Big wheels, crazy suspensions, late model hemi swaps, O/D 6 speed, modern a/c, fuel injection, etc all in the name of driving and you still don't see too many cruising around.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 12:15 PM

If I could afford it I would have Bill Carlton and the crew at Extensive/ Texas Metal do an air bag / lowering set up on my D150... I agree the Martin Brothers do some nice work
Posted By: RobG

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by 11secdart
If I could afford it I would have Bill Carlton and the crew at Extensive/ Texas Metal do an air bag / lowering set up on my D150... I agree the Martin Brothers do some nice work

X 2 - Bill's truck work is unmatched.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 01:25 PM

I think I would rather have Freiburger and Dulcich do my ride before any of the ones mentioned, just as long as Finnegan was out of country the whole time.
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by BloFish
Neither spank

X2

None of the above shops know Mopars.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 04:25 PM

Probably hard to go wrong with either but I would pick Martin Brothers.

I think they have shown many times they will do what the customer wants even if it is different from what they would do.

That being said if it was too different from what they want they may not take the job. I think he is particular about what has his name on it.

Of course dealing with either company in the real world may be a lot different that what is on TV.

I just hope they sign up for another season of Iron Resurrection. They had a five season deal and they just completed the fifth season.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 05:36 PM

I guess Martin Brothers to do old school mini tub and rear frame and floors but would have to retain rear seat in the vert.
Frame and suspension and sheet metal work. Kinda like a prostreet but stock style hight
No paint or anything else just get the car there and I would pick it up from there.

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 05:54 PM

Theyve had a orange 70 roadrunner in a field outside their shop and what looks like a red 70 superbird at their shop under a tin roof,it would be nice to see them work on them. drive
Posted By: resqguy

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 09:26 PM

The only Mopar I gave them would be a late 50's or very early 60's forward look car (no rare or 300 series). No LS, no cartoon wheels but otherwise go nuts. Anything mid 60's or later would go to my local shop owned by Le Hodge.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/20/21 11:28 PM

Money no object.

Steve Strope would be on my list. Dave Kindig would be right there as well With A LOT of my input. no way would I turn ANYONE loose with an open ck book with my car . Stock or otherwise
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/21/21 03:06 AM

I think Kindig is being influenced by having a show. Look at some of their builds before the show, and they were actually drivable cars without stupid large rims. One in particular that stands out is this GTO. The owner actually drove it and I think did a power tour (or two) with it.

[Linked Image]

Then, later, after the show had gotten popular, we got this.......

[Linked Image]

One of my favorite cars that Kindig did was the '34 Dodge Sedan. This was finished the year the show started......

[Linked Image]

To answer the OP's question, I would still consider Bitchin but would check out Strope ........
Posted By: VS29H0B

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/21/21 03:11 AM

[quote=resqguy]The only Mopar I gave them would be a late 50's or very early 60's forward look car (no rare or 300 series). No LS, no cartoon wheels but otherwise go nuts. Anything mid 60's or later would go to my local shop owned by Le Hodge. [/quote

Le Hodge has produced some absolutely outstanding cars. I live just outside Washington DC in the Northern Virginia suburbs where several Le Hodge cars are regulars at local cruises and shows. One is a 1971 EV2 'Cuda 440 727 that now has a built 1971 Hemi under the hood. The body and paint are superb. The same owner has a 1969 Charger R/T - with a modern 6.4 Hemi - in Black / Black. Both high dollar cars .... the owner also has Le Hodge completing a Challenger T/A.

I would definitely send my # Mopar to Le Hodge any day ...
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/21/21 01:48 PM

The '52 Pontiac ragtop that Kendig did lives about 75 miles from me. I have it on good authority that he has north of $450,000 in that car. Moral of the story is that unless you have deep pockets, ANY shop is going to be expensive. And by that I mean in excess of $100K expensive.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/21/21 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper
I think I would rather have Freiburger and Dulcich do my ride before any of the ones mentioned, just as long as Finnegan was out of country the whole time.

LOL fury

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/21/21 03:49 PM

Also letting Jessie James' Austin Speed Shop build your car might be another route. They build mostly retro street rods, but they appear to do nice metal work and seem to care more about how it's being put together mechanically vs some of the others. They fabricate/modify what they need more than pulling mail order parts out of a box from Summit.

I also like Pure Vision too. They have built some good cars that are not too trendy and should stay relative for a long time.
Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/21/21 06:02 PM

I am not a big fan of customs so I would doubt I would get either one to do a car but if I won a contest maybe an old Dodge Truck would be cool to get done by either shop. I watch both shows from time to time.
In the older episode's of Martin Bros. there is a 1970 Road Runner sitting in the yard...I was always curious about that car....does anyone on here know anything about it?

Dave

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/21/21 07:20 PM

They helped a friend of theirs find a 70 roadrunner in one of the episodes,but it wasnt that one,and theyve got what looks like a 70 superbird under a tin roof at their shop not sure whats going on with either mopar.I just emailed told them we were wondering if they were gonna do those cars.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/21/21 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by formula_s
Neither spank

X2

X3. But it would be a dream to have Chip Foose work on a car of mine. Actually my Power Wagon.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/22/21 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by formula_s
Neither spank

X2

X3. But it would be a dream to have Chip Foose work on a car of mine. Actually my Power Wagon.

He'd probably convert it to two wheel drive so he could bag it............. rolleyes

Back when Foose had his show and was doing peoples cars, I remember the episode where he 'lost' me, the one where he did a blue '70's Chevy Van. It was a short wheel base van the guy had special ordered new with 3/4 or 1 ton suspension because he hauled bikes, camped, etc, etc. The heavy duty suspension was supposed to be available only on the regular size vans or cab and chassis vans. The guy almost seemed proud of having been able to special order it. Foose and his team pulled it all out and went back with 1/2 ton suspension so they could bag it. As nice as the Foose team made the van, it lost a major part of what made it unique.

This one:

[Linked Image]

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/23/21 02:18 PM

Just watched last week's episode the roadrunner is still sitting outside the shop...Superbird is inside the shop on a lift.
Posted By: VITC_GTX

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/23/21 03:13 PM

I don't like customs that much so I would probably choose someone else.

Plus, if I went with Martin Bros I fear that I would start using "dog" at least twice in every sentence. rolleyes

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/23/21 04:47 PM

I like the stuff done by these guys more than the more popular shows mentioned so far. I don't think you'd get a oem restoration out of them, but if you wanted a vintage day 2 muscle car/street machine build I bet you'd get what you wanted far easier than the other guys who have been proven to mess up Mopar styling by trying to be 'creative' when there is no reason for it.

https://www.austinspeedshop.com/builds/
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/24/21 04:38 AM

I think I could work with any of those shops on a car project but there is no way I'd just turn one of my cars over to any of them to do. I think Strope at Pure Vision does the nicest work. He isn't wild and crazy on TV so his show doesn't get the same ratings but the cars he build look really nice. Some of the other guys put more energy into TV antics than the car.
Posted By: 70RR383

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/24/21 11:57 PM

They did the orange RR for a guy,,mostly stock,,,looked good

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/25/21 12:28 AM

Yeah John I have noticed Chip wants to do what all the others do and always throw a modern flare on everything e.g. big wheels, low profile tires, modern flashy paint etc. I notice even when the insider suggested one thing he still would take it a different direction that he liked better. But as a paying customer who was calling the shots I'd take Chip's talent over any others. And he seems like a caring, sincere guy.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/25/21 04:02 PM

i met Foose at a show years ago, and he seems to be as nice in person as he is on the show.
you just get a gut feeling with him that he is truly as he seems, and is not putting on an "act", just because he is famous.
beer

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/25/21 10:01 PM

How bout the long hair dude of restoration garage or Roselle that does a lot of cool creative stuff like Big Daddy Ed Roth.

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/26/21 09:17 PM

ian rouselle is extremely talented, but i don't think his finish work would be close to ISCA standards.
he is way capable for a daily driver you wouldn't be afraid to park at wally world, or take on a trip.
beer

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/26/21 09:20 PM

i'm not sure who you mean, referencing the "long hair" guy.
is that the canadian owner of that shop ?
beer

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/26/21 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
ian rouselle is extremely talented, but i don't think his finish work would be close to ISCA standards.
he is way capable for a daily driver you wouldn't be afraid to park at wally world, or take on a trip.
beer

I think you woukd just have to say with whatever Ian dfies as he gets wild ideas.
Or work close with him and make no crazy ideas like chop an E Body Convertable.
It would end up being one of a kind that may or not make you happy.
I an a old,ISCA GUY so i like crazy 60-70 look

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/29/21 05:19 PM

Yeah sorry lol!David Granger long haired guy that owns the guild in Canada it's a great show he's always seems genuine,his shirts are alittle crazy even by my Hawaiian shirt standards!We also miss phantom works too!Like I said we like Iron Resurrection and Bitchin Rides too.

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/29/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
Yeah sorry lol!David Granger long haired guy that owns the guild in Canada it's a great show he's always seems genuine,his shirts are alittle crazy even by my Hawaiian shirt standards!We also miss phantom works too!Like I said we like Iron Resurrection and Bitchin Rides too.
Yeah he let his hair get shaggy. He never has the manufactured drama and is a likable guy. His business partner annoys me though. The less he's on the show the better. Fantom Works got hammered on here for the work quality but I always enjoyed watching it anyway. I figured even though they may have showed some cars as being finished it very well may have been just for the episode when in actuality they still had a bunch of finishing work to do. It's easy to sick back and criticize when you're not trying to run a shop and deal with cameras and producers and meet deadlines.
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/30/21 10:51 PM

I'd have Worman do mine. At least his passion is MoPars.

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/31/21 02:26 PM

I think i could easily work with Iron Ressurection and Bitchin rides for my mopar.Bitchin rides aka..Dave Kindigs shop did 4 mopars that im aware of...1970 Hemi Challenger was nice..66/67 charger is a bit cool with some things others..hmmmDodge Brothers sedan was or is the best of the bunch!The newer generation charger ehhhh dont like scissor 4 doors it had cool graphics. drive

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/31/21 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumguy

I think I'd spend my money on 5 gallons of gas and a match before I let Worman near my car.

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/31/21 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumguy

I think I'd spend my money on 5 gallons of gas and a match before I let Worman near my car.

I am.betting he is normal in person. I could deal with him to do work for me and even work there.
It is TV after all

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 08/31/21 11:31 PM

At least Mark W doesn't wanna slap 22" wheels on everything and drop it, put an LS in it, aftermarket gauges, ultra modern paint and graphics, and whatever else every single one of these shows does that they think is original but in reality is stale as can be rant

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/01/21 07:08 PM

Maybe Bad Chad Customs and show him what we need done and come up with a plan for our mopar . driveSeems like a decent dude and is very creative.Dont like everything hes built but hes made some really nice stuff.

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/01/21 07:27 PM

Maybe he can make a Zinger full scale HEMI Daytona or Superbird! drive

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/01/21 08:22 PM

At least Mark W doesn't wanna slap 22" wheels on everything and drop it, put an LS in it, aftermarket gauges, ultra modern paint and graphics, and whatever else every single one of these shows does that they think is original but in reality is stale as can be rant

???

Womack doesn't do ANYTHING original, as in something he came up with. He tries to mimic what the factory did, which is the opposite of being original.

So if your complaint about cars shows not being original, well Womack is the master of that.

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/01/21 11:10 PM

We watched Bad Chad Customs tonight man what a car he built.He can make a beautiful ride out of nothing.We would definitely work with him on our Mopar!

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/02/21 12:25 AM

???

Womack doesn't do ANYTHING original, as in something he came up with. He tries to mimic what the factory did, which is the opposite of being original.

So if your complaint about cars shows not being original, well Womack is the master of that.
I'm saying at least Mark Worman doesn't do what 99% of what other car shows do. Not 100% but a great majority of what is on TV is mostly chebby, mostly into LS swaps or non-Mopar anyway, and big wheels, etc. That's all.

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/04/21 09:48 AM

Bad Chad put a dodge 360 in a open wheel racer he built for a friend that looked like a race car from the 30svery cool!

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/04/21 01:09 PM

Maybe a Munster coach with a 426 Hemi or Dragula,or bubble top wild mopar ride...HHHMMMM
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/04/21 02:26 PM

I watched Graveyard Carz last night. A new episode. If they had cut out the BS'ing, the trips down memory lane, and the commercials, I doubt if there would have been ten minutes of actual car "stuff" in the hour. What was there was good, just not enough of it IMHO.

And before somebody pops up with "if you think you can do better, get your own show", just don't go there. Okay?

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/04/21 04:32 PM

Its nice to see a car show and learn something even if their not building a mopar.Ive seen how they do welding,frames,interiors,paint and just being very creative with cars.

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/05/21 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
I think I could work with any of those shops on a car project but there is no way I'd just turn one of my cars over to any of them to do. I think Strope at Pure Vision does the nicest work. He isn't wild and crazy on TV so his show doesn't get the same ratings but the cars he build look really nice. Some of the other guys put more energy into TV antics than the car.

That's just about the same for me I would not ever let any shop have free rein.
Steve's shop but also the guys on Speed is the New Black is up there too.
They look to operate like Steve's shop. And work looks to be top notch. Think they are in Tennessee?
They did a modern drive line in that old 300.

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/05/21 03:01 PM

Yeah,The speed is the new black guys build great cars!That 300 looked pretty cool!Ithink their located in St.louis,MO i always like their shirts too! drive

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/05/21 05:44 PM

Yeah,The speed is the new black guys build great cars!That 300 looked pretty cool!Ithink their located in St.louis,MO i always like their shirts too! drive

Not really into the Pat& Tina look with Modern but that car was an exceptionally well done car. Nothing was off it was done same quality as a,Sema show car other than paint.
No stone unturned.
Most cars that look like that are tossed together beaters or worse

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/05/21 05:53 PM

I think it was at SEMA a few years ago.
Posted By: Copper Dart

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/05/21 10:34 PM

I wish that I could afford to pay a shop to do a car for me. The metal work ive seen Kindig's shop Bitchin rides do is impressive and I like upgrades of the suspension. I dont have cable to be able to comment on a lot of the shops mentioned in this post. Graveyard wouldnt touch my non stock car anyway but I like their work too. The car needs to stay as it is for the most part. Just sayin'
Copper

Re: Iron Resurrection/Bitchin Rides do ur Mopar? - 09/06/21 12:03 AM

Maybe Bad Chad Customs and show him what we need done and come up with a plan for our mopar . driveSeems like a decent dude and is very creative.Dont like everything hes built but hes made some really nice stuff.

That girl looks at Bad Chad like don't hit me again
© 2024 Moparts Forums