Moparts

Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity!

Posted By: rdrnr6970

Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/14/21 12:30 AM

The story of Jimmy Addison's GTX will be on at 9pm on velocity/motor trend tv tonight.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/14/21 09:56 AM

Can't get my apps to pull up the name of the show or episode. Do you have any info to look it up so I can watch it?

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/14/21 11:42 AM

Steve Magnantes super models he talks about Jimmy s gTx and builds a model car gTx

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/14/21 11:49 AM

Steve played a recording of Jimmy were he said he wasn't aware of the gTx being beaten.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/14/21 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
Steve Magnantes super models he talks about Jimmy s gTx and builds a model car gTx

Correct! beer And that was not what I would call a story on the car or the man. down

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/14/21 05:02 PM

Yeah I expected more out of it.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/14/21 06:22 PM

Does spectrum cable offer the V channel?

And the story of the SILVER BULLET could never be completely accurate if it didn’t mention the car was not in dOc 2.0s shop for over a year ! xmaseek
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/15/21 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by dOc 2.0 oh ho Ho
Does spectrum cable offer the V channel?

And the story of the SILVER BULLET co7uld never be completely accurate if it didn’t mention the car was not in dOc 2.0s shop for over a year ! xmaseek

Eric it was on Motor Trend for me.
Is there still Velocity?
Even my car was on Velocity so that should tell ya something

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/15/21 02:59 PM

PINKster.... yur car ? ... you mean the pink Toyota or is it a Honda? xmaseek
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/15/21 07:11 PM

I recorded it and finally watched it (on MotorTrend). Thought it might cover Addison & the Silver Bullet a little better but oh, well.

Steve played a recording of Jimmy were he said he wasn't aware of the gTx being beaten.

I caught that. Maybe Steve needs to talk to the owner of Jim Wangers BlackBird '68 Firebird. According to him, Addison was beaten regularly by different makes. eyes

Tim
Posted By: GY3

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/16/21 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by I_bleed_MOPAR
I recorded it and finally watched it (on MotorTrend). Thought it might cover Addison & the Silver Bullet a little better but oh, well.

I caught that. Maybe Steve needs to talk to the owner of Jim Wangers BlackBird '68 Firebird. According to him, Addison was beaten regularly by different makes. eyes

Tim

Wangers was a blowhard. So is the guy that owns the Blackbird. I got banned from a Facebook page for questioning things they were saying about the Blackbird. Revisionist history.

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/16/21 05:02 PM

Jim Wagners yeah whatever lol!fireturd downIl take Jimmys gTx over anything else! drive

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/16/21 05:10 PM

Wangers BLACKBIRD ? There’s a car name that’s a blast from the past !

But NO WAY was that car ANYWHERE in Addisons league.

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/17/21 08:58 PM

Found it again. From 2010-

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652803

Very long read. Owner of the Wangers car at that time is Dr. Eric M. Schiffer. A couple of his quotes below (not very complimentary of Jimmy Addison eyes )-

Quote in reference to the Silver Bullet being unbeaten- " As the saying goes " A LIE WILL MAKE IT AROUND THE WORLD BEFORE THE TRUTH CAN GET IT'S BOOTS ON". "

Quote- " In the Info About Addison what I ment to say and could not correct was that Addison would NOT race anything that he thought might be faster than him. Addison was a guy that was short in stature and an even short temper to match..... "

Tim

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/17/21 09:07 PM

bloodyMOP .. on the whole .... I would AGREE with that quote up

I saw JA race a bunch of times out at the TOP END CLUB.

The only car I heard he was aFEARED of was the JAWS Mustang 2
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/17/21 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by GY3

Tim

Wangers was a blowhard. So is the guy that owns the Blackbird. I got banned from a Facebook page for questioning things they were saying about the Blackbird. Revisionist history.

Just a guess, he states that he dated SJP in his car way back before the horse face took over.

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/17/21 09:22 PM

PINKSTER... does someone STILL have the hots for SJP ?

A real SPECIAL PRIZE if someone has an idea why JA was concerned about JAWS !

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/17/21 11:31 PM

I'll have to take your word for it, dOc, as I obviously wasn't there (wish I had been though). biggrin I can understand and even take a little attitude from someone who's good, knows it, and can back it up. up
Since I wasn't around that scene and don't know a lot of the players, what is this Jaws Mustang II you speak of? The link I gave mentions something about a Mustang prepped by Ford engineers that beat Addison. Is this possibly the car?

Originally Posted by GY3

Sorry to hear that but I can believe it. Some folks think you should take their version as the gospel. I got the impression from reading several of the pages in the link I gave that the good doctor was pretty full of himself (or something else). wink

Tim
Posted By: Neil

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/17/21 11:48 PM

https://youtu.be/l5qiCeVCr1M
Posted By: bellenbeast

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/18/21 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Neil

I had so much fun watching this video. The beauty of this car is timeless.

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/18/21 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by bellenbeast

I had so much fun watching this video. The beauty of this car is timeless.

up Much better than the useless magnante program, and the commentator in the video normally irritates me, (reminds me of Terry the Toad from AG) LOL
Posted By: moparx

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/18/21 04:17 PM

Terry the Toad ! first thing i thought of ! laugh2

beer

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/18/21 09:21 PM

T the T ? .... naughty boy mopX tsk

I got a pic of I believe THE REASON ole JA sold the Bullet ...,then he GAVE UP on the DustPan project !

Yeah ... all blame goes to the apimp pictured in the drivers seat smoke

Btw ... I rode in the passenger seat for a quick shot on smooth as silk 275 ... it was SCARY FAST ...

And that was with the single four barrel.... a semi famous pro stock owner/driver drove it with the TWIN TURBOS and said ....

It pulled HARDER than his old Pro Stock car ... smoke

Attached picture 2CB5963A-27E5-4845-927E-551D2F42FB29.png

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/18/21 10:28 PM

Oh ... I’ll give the person who knows who that apimp is ... in the drivers seat .... half the donuts I collect from larryLOVEit.... whistling
Posted By: Neil

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/18/21 11:23 PM

Surprised to see an 8-3/4 being used in the video I posted. Maybe the fact that it's an auto is the reason why it holds up? It does raise the body up nice and level under power. drive

I would have left the fender lips alone and worked on the inner wheel wells to get a bigger tire under it myself. Just prefer the quarters as they came vs pooched out.

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/19/21 04:28 PM

looks like jack roush back a "few" years. how old was you then DoC ? 6 weeks ? whistling biggrin
beer

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/19/21 06:10 PM

Day...ummmm mopX..... Yur very sHaRp today ! Did you just get up from your seasoned citizen nap 💤 ??

That IS Catus Jack .... do you know why he was called that ?

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/20/21 01:20 AM

It does raise the body up nice and level under power. drive

I noticed that as well. Wonder if the suspension is still set up via the old Mopar performance manuals ?

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/20/21 05:22 PM

i knew the "cactus jack" moniker story at one time, but the "cobwebs" have taken over. at least for today. biggrin
beer

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/20/21 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
i knew the "cactus jack" moniker story at one time, but the "cobwebs" have taken over. at least for today. biggrin
beer

Day....ummmmm ..... mopX.... sHaRp as a tack yesterday..., cobwebs 2day shruggy
Posted By: mike s

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/21/21 12:33 AM

I'll have to take your word for it, dOc, as I obviously wasn't there (wish I had been though). biggrin I can understand and even take a little attitude from someone who's good, knows it, and can back it up. up
Since I wasn't around that scene and don't know a lot of the players, what is this Jaws Mustang II you speak of? The link I gave mentions something about a Mustang prepped by Ford engineers that beat Addison. Is this possibly the car?

[quote=GY3]

Sorry to hear that but I can believe it. Some folks think you should take their version as the gospel. I got the impression from reading several of the pages in the link I gave that the good doctor was pretty full of himself (or something else). wink

Well I was there. Firebird was an 11 second car. Original engine was bigger than Jimmy's. Not even a race . JA was so far ahead you couldn't tell what kind of car it was. Wangers shut his trap after that. He couldn't believe how fast the GTX was.Eric is dreaming and he was never there.

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/21/21 01:10 AM

up

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 08/21/21 09:47 AM

Great interesting stuff.Id love to own Jimmy's gTx! drive
Posted By: Ray440

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 09/04/21 01:27 PM

Here is a video with Jack Roush where he talks about the "Jaws" Mustang II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28l7qg-qX4U

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 09/04/21 02:45 PM

Best pic of the car ... imo

Attached picture 1D86F66B-FE71-4655-B598-9B1187F7F737.png

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 09/04/21 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ray440
Here is a video with Jack Roush where he talks about the "Jaws" Mustang II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28l7qg-qX4U

Ole Catus Jack starts talking about Ruggs car at 5.15

Damn he looks frail .... but he’s still sharp

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 09/04/21 03:01 PM

Surprised to see an 8-3/4 being used in the video I posted. Maybe the fact that it's an auto is the reason why it holds up? It does raise the body up nice and level under power. drive

I would have left the fender lips alone and worked on the inner wheel wells to get a bigger tire under it myself. Just prefer the quarters as they came vs pooched out.

They may have done both shruggy

Re: Story of Jimmy Addison's GTX on velocity! - 09/04/21 03:06 PM

The POOCHED OUT QUARTERS ?

That was the MAIN CHARACTER of the car !
© 2024 Moparts Forums