Moparts

Warranty statement

Posted By: larrymopar360

Warranty statement - 07/04/21 12:35 AM

What are your opinions on this warranty disclaimer from ATK Performance on 440 crate engine?

Warranty:

The engine will have our standard 2 year warranty with the exception of rear main seal/oil pan leaks. Unfortunately this engine block was prone to leaks from Mopar and often there is no fix for it due to bad tooling from Mopar. A full break down of the warranty can be found on our ATK High Performance website.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Warranty statement - 07/04/21 01:13 AM

Total BULLSH-T fan IMO. IF they know it's a potential issue than fix it while doing the rebuild. Chrysler built how many big blocks ( b and RB over how many years using the same design ?? if it were me, they just lost a sale. What else are they going to claim is not there fault down twocents beer
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Warranty statement - 07/04/21 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
Total BULLSH-T fan IMO. IF they know it's a potential issue than fix it while doing the rebuild. Chrysler built how many big blocks ( b and RB over how many years using the same design ?? if it were me, they just lost a sale. What else are they going to claim is not there fault down twocents beer

THIS ^^^^^^
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Warranty statement - 07/04/21 03:13 PM

Is this an instance were a high volume 350 Chevy builder takes on mopar builds?

Re: Warranty statement - 07/04/21 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
That was the feeling I got too but I wasn't sure. Real turnoff. Thanks.
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Warranty statement - 07/04/21 06:48 PM

That is sad! I would pass on an engine builder who had this in their warranty statement. My 440 has more than 7 years on its rebuild and it's not leaking.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Warranty statement - 07/04/21 11:38 PM

Sort of sounds like they are using junk gaskets or other parts if they are having high number of problems.

Re: Warranty statement - 07/04/21 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by 5thAve
Sort of sounds like they are using junk gaskets or other parts if they are having high number of problems.
Yeah a disclaimer of "be prepared for problems" isn't comforting.
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: Warranty statement - 07/05/21 12:20 AM

I did my first one 25 years ago, it doesn't leak.

Sorry but that's a bit much to accept from a "professional " rebuilder.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Warranty statement - 07/05/21 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by ruderunner

25 years ago I could run the mile and a half in 9 minutes in full gear. 25 years and a triple bypass later I am lucky to do it in a 20 minutes in gym shorts.

I'm 25 years older, 25 years more wore out but at least I didn't have 25 years more of "mechanics" doing who knows what to me.
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: Warranty statement - 07/05/21 10:47 AM

25 years later you've probably developed a few leaks of your own. But, it's not rocket science to put a rear seal in a big block.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Warranty statement - 07/05/21 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by ruderunner

25 years ago I could run the mile and a half in 9 minutes in full gear. 25 years and a triple bypass later I am lucky to do it in a 20 minutes in gym shorts.

I'm 25 years older, 25 years more wore out but at least I didn't have 25 years more of "mechanics" doing who knows what to me.

Well Dr.'s are typically referred to as "practicing" Does ATK claim the same?? would seem so grin twocents beer
Posted By: moparx

Re: Warranty statement - 07/05/21 03:35 PM

"practicing medicine, and they are practicing on me."..................i know this all too well. been this way for many years now, so i have the "experience". biggrin
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums