Moparts

Chemtool fire in Rockton, IL

Posted By: Rhinodart

Chemtool fire in Rockton, IL - 06/14/21 09:47 PM

Woke up to hear the news that Chemtool in Rockton, IL was on fire. Went out to my building in Rockford and saw the smoke 65 miles away where I live! Sad day, I use a lot of Chemtool products, and probably most of you do to. Luckily everyone got out ok, but the building is a total loss as they didn't want to put water on it as it is very close to the Rock River and didn't want chemicals leaking into the river.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Chemtool fire in Rockton, IL - 06/14/21 10:30 PM

Just saw it on the news here in SE WI. What a shame. Sounds like everyone got out(thankfully) but the aerial pics show the building as a complete loss. So much smoke the weather radar picked it up! I have also used a number of their products over the years.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Chemtool fire in Rockton, IL - 06/14/21 10:40 PM

Keep it out of the river butt let it poison the air is fine?
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Chemtool fire in Rockton, IL - 06/14/21 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Keep it out of the river butt let it poison the air is fine?

And your solution is?
Posted By: 1970A13

Re: Chemtool fire in Rockton, IL - 06/14/21 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Woke up to hear the news that Chemtool in Rockton, IL was on fire. Went out to my building in Rockford and saw the smoke 65 miles away where I live! Sad day, I use a lot of Chemtool products, and probably most of you do to. Luckily everyone got out ok, but the building is a total loss as they didn't want to put water on it as it is very close to the Rock River and didn't want chemicals leaking into the river.
One of the largest lube plants around,what will you and the o'l lady do without ky jelly?
Posted By: Neil

Re: Chemtool fire in Rockton, IL - 06/14/21 11:11 PM

You'd figure the building would be fire sprinklered by code? Fire so big it could not keep up?

Re: Chemtool fire in Rockton, IL - 06/15/21 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Neil
You'd figure the building would be fire sprinklered by code? Fire so big it could not keep up?

The first squad that got there said it was already through the roof, so yes, overpowered the sprinklers I'm sure...

Re: Chemtool fire in Rockton, IL - 06/15/21 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by 1970A13
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
One of the largest lube plants around,what will you and the o'l lady do without ky jelly?

Seriously? I am so hot she doesn't need lube... laugh2
© 2024 Moparts Forums