Moparts

Myrtle Beach SC….what to do where to go?

Posted By: carcrazyguy

Myrtle Beach SC….what to do where to go? - 06/12/21 10:30 PM

Thinking about a trip to Myrtle Beach in a few weeks. For those that live there or visit, what would you suggest going to see or do? I see a muscle car museum which is always a must do! Just looking to get away and relax a few days. Any good area restaurants?
Posted By: ek3

Re: Myrtle Beach SC….what to do where to go? - 06/12/21 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by carcrazyguy
Thinking about a trip to Myrtle Beach in a few weeks. For those that live there or visit, what would you suggest going to see or do? I see a muscle car museum which is always a must do! Just looking to get away and relax a few days. Any good area restaurants?
angelos steak house...... lees inlet kitchen seafood !! born here 60 years ago.....................nothing is like the good old days now...................
Posted By: resqguy

Re: Myrtle Beach SC….what to do where to go? - 06/12/21 10:53 PM

For me its about the when. Summer is full of tourists with lots of kids etc. I like to go down mid Sept. Weather is cooler and kids are in school. I have my pick of restaurants. I like seafood so Murrells Inlet is where I go.
Posted By: carcrazyguy

Re: Myrtle Beach SC….what to do where to go? - 06/12/21 11:19 PM

Probably soon….ready to escape! 🤣
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Myrtle Beach SC….what to do where to go? - 06/14/21 01:49 PM

Myrtle Beach is an overpriced tourist trap IMO. To get good food, you need to go south past Garden City to Murrells Inlet (it's a short drive from downtown Myrtle). I prefer the south end of the beach...surfside, garden city.
The north end is nice too...Cherry Grove. Close to Calabash, good food there also.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Myrtle Beach SC….what to do where to go? - 06/15/21 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by resqguy
For me its about the when. Summer is full of tourists with lots of kids etc. I like to go down mid Sept. Weather is cooler and kids are in school. I have my pick of restaurants. I like seafood so Murrells Inlet is where I go.

We left one year on the Sunday of the Mopar Nats and stayed for 3 days, it was a ghost town. It was busier at night, but the beach wasn't exceptionally crowded and walking the main drag was down right pleasant. Of course, a lot of the shops weren't open for the down season. Still had a blast.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Myrtle Beach SC….what to do where to go? - 06/20/21 12:28 AM

The Muscle Car museum is a good place to visit, for sure. Our place is at the far northern end of Myrtle Beach, but not in N. Myrtle. A good place to eat on that end is The Chesapeake House. Lots of good seafood places in Murrells Inlet, as mentioned already. A good bar and grill type place is Captain Archies in the Cherry Grove area. I'd stay out of downtown MB at night....it ain't worth the risk because of the hoodlums! If you want to go to a (.)(.) bar......go to Thee Dollhouse in N. Myrtle.
Posted By: 340wedge

Re: Myrtle Beach SC….what to do where to go? - 06/21/21 03:27 PM

I would recommend Indian Food -Bombay at the Beach
Mexican- Food El Patio
Barbecue -Mission Barbecue
Greek- Mediterranean Bistro
Sea Captain's House
Southern Smokehouse Buffet
Rioz Brazilan Steakhouse
Bar food Grump Monk
Pricey but good-Greg Norman's Australian Grill, Thoroughbreds Steakhouse

Beaches the State Park is good, Huntington Beach is really nice, right across from Brookgreen Gardens

Alligator Adventures is nice, Barefoot Landing and Broadway at the Beach tourist shops, Market Common more upscale shopping
Wine Tasting Duplin Winery

https://www.myrtlebeachcarclub.com/...te=2021-07&event_type=0#calendar_top (We also have a cars and coffee first Sunday of the Month at Carolina Forrest in the Ollie's Parking lot)
© 2024 Moparts Forums