Moparts

best photo editing program for windows 10?

Posted By: Hemi_Joel

best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 06:03 PM

So now, unfortunately, I am stuck with windows 10 on my PC. Beside all the other stuff that is horrible, the photo editing program is almost worthless. Can anyone recommend a good photo editor that I can download? Something not to hard to use, but more capable like it was with windows 7 and prior. Thanks, Joel
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 06:12 PM

Just print off some stuff, use a scissors, and paste. Take a picture of that. Oh wait, you've done that before. LOL.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 06:26 PM

Irfanview and or Gimp, both free. My windows 10 machines still have mspaint, bet you do too.
Posted By: theraif

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 06:29 PM

iagree
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 06:40 PM

Gimp is good, but it can be a bit of a handful if you're not used to featureful imaging editors. Give Paint .Net a try.

https://www.getpaint.net/
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 06:43 PM

What are you looking to do?
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6776
What are you looking to do?

He's probably looking at harassing me. LOL.

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 07:32 PM

Custom resizing, batch resizing, adjusting quality, adjusting color intensity, stuff like that

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Custom resizing, batch resizing, adjusting quality, adjusting color intensity, stuff like that

Batch processing isn't something a lot of editors can do. Paint .Net is out. I know Irfanview can do batch resizing. Never used it for color correction though.

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 08:02 PM

My old program had adjustments for size and quality that you could just scroll up and down one dot at a time for width and height and dots per inch, and you could choose whether you wanted to maintain aspect ratio or not. That was very useful.
Posted By: 330Scott

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 09:23 PM

I don't know if it is the best, but I run ACDSee Photo Studio Std 2019 on Win 10. Sure that I am not using it to the max but pretty easy to get the hang of. Lot's of Youtube vids as well.

It does support batch editing, including resizing and color exposure

ACDSee

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by 330Scott
I don't know if it is the best, but I run ACDSee Photo Studio Std 2019 on Win 10. Sure that I am not using it to the max but pretty easy to get the hang of. Lot's of Youtube vids as well.

It does support batch editing, including resizing and color exposure

ACDSee

That looks interesting. It says it does batch resizing with a lot of control. I might try it.
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/26/21 11:32 PM

I use Gimp. Lots of good how-to videos on YouTube.
Posted By: A12

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/27/21 12:08 AM

Photoshop Elements 2021 will give you everything you need and MORE.......well worth the $79 bucks to download. If you are looking for something free I have nothing wink

Attached picture adobe_65314256_adobe_photoshop_elements_2021_1602686252_1598518.jpg

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/27/21 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by A12
Photoshop Elements 2021 will give you everything you need and MORE.......well worth the $79 bucks to download. If you are looking for something free I have nothing wink

That looks interesting. Will it resize, and batch resize?
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/27/21 12:33 AM

Your stock W10 photo program does 90% of what you want, open a picture, right top corner you'll see editing options, click that, then you have cropping, sizing, filters, enhancements etc.

No idea about batch re-sizing, google for a free program

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/27/21 01:25 AM

My old program had adjustments for size and quality that you could just scroll up and down one dot at a time for width and height and dots per inch, and you could choose whether you wanted to maintain aspect ratio or not. That was very useful.

What was your old program? Windows 10 can run pretty much anything that 7 could.

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/27/21 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by SRT6776
Your stock W10 photo program does 90% of what you want, open a picture, right top corner you'll see editing options, click that, then you have cropping, sizing, filters, enhancements etc.

No idea about batch re-sizing, google for a free program

Well I'll be dipped... I never saw that button before. Maybe I need an instruction manual worse than I need a new program. blush
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/27/21 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by MarkZ

What was your old program? Windows 10 can run pretty much anything that 7 could.

I just went through a window 10 upgrade at work....

My favorite quick and dirty mass change, rename, resize, rotate, etc program got dumped.

Joel, I think the program you were using was Microsoft Office Picture Manager

Looks like this:

[Linked Image]

What I did at work was download an app version of MS Office Picture Manager and installed it on my Windows 10. Then set it as my default “always open with” program for picture files.

Or try this:

https://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Office-Picture-Manager/3000-2192_4-76476831.html

https://windowsreport.com/microsoft-office-picture-manager-windows-10/

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/27/21 12:41 PM

win10 ate my fav too but to be honest I like the replacement I found a lot better - FastStone Image Viewer.

free, fast, more batch options than I'll ever need

Attached picture fs.jpg

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/27/21 02:38 PM

Windows 10 doesn't eat anything. More often than not you just need to install the runtimes for whatever language the application was written in to make it work. Part of my job is making decades old, poorly written software function on modern hardware.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/28/21 11:56 AM

True but sometimes the juice just isn't worth the squeez. Finding a current solution probably took me less time than I would have spent wrestling with the antique but in the end it turned out to be a nice upgrade. Same thing happened when I finally gave up on Outlook 2k and loaded Thunderbird.
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: best photo editing program for windows 10? - 04/30/21 07:08 AM

Neither one of those links has the program
"Download.com has removed the direct-download link and offers this page for informational purposes only."
© 2024 Moparts Forums