Moparts

Bendpak lifts, anyone have one?

Posted By: Guitar Jones

Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 02:15 PM

Been looking at lifts for my home shop. Bendpak has some that look good and would fit in my garage, 9'-6" ceiling, but there aren't many reviews on them, so looking for some feedback. Thanks.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 02:24 PM

My old boss had a dozen of them, no issues I was aware of and I used the heck out of them. Only the name scares me...LOL
Posted By: VITC_GTX

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 03:17 PM

I have a 10,000 two-post BendPak that I bought about 15 years ago and I love it. A friend of mine bought one about 7-8 years ago and his is a little different (pump is much louder, some of the bolt-on parts look a little cheaper) but he's still happy. No issues with mine or his.

Mine is the symmetrical lift. I stopped by quite a few dealership/auto shops in town and talked to folks who used the lifts to see what they liked/didn't like and their only real comment was that on an asymmetrial lift the post could be in the way when working on the front wheel area. One thing I would consider if I were to buy another is that I may get the "wide" model. I cannot pull under the lift with a two door car and exit the car. They door is only 10" away from the post and won't open far enough for me to get out. No biggie, I leave the car about a foot short of where it's supposed to be, get out and just push the car forward the last foot. I think the newer ones have different arms that may take care of this (not sure).

When I bought mine I was told Rotary and Challenger where probably the best but Backyard Buddy and Bend-Pakl where quality units as well. Hope this helps.

Edit: Mine is the top rail with a height of ~12'
Posted By: topside

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 03:21 PM

Very popular brand, I don't think you can go wrong.
If I had the ceiling height, I'd have one.
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 03:31 PM

I bought a Dannmar four-post (on sale at Summit) just before Bendpak acquired them. It works great, seems well-built. Not sure if that really helps though whistling but I haven't read anything bad about Bendpak.
Posted By: RP's R/T's

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 04:05 PM

Bought an Advantage Lift last year.
Very happy with it.
Some aspects seem superior in design.
Posted By: GarageDodge

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 08:21 PM

I have a challenger 9k that you can use both ways,bought in 1998,only problem was one wheel for the cables broke.this lift get used every day very happy with it.I would buy another one as a first choice.I also have a rotary 9k asymeterical,good for cars also happy with that one bought in 2002.
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 10:14 PM

4 post

2 post

Scissors - Low , Medium , High

Portable - All weights
QuickJack - Home Depot will have sales every so often - Good pricing and a lot of reviews

I guess you should bee asking exactly what your looking at
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by RP's R/T's
Bought an Advantage Lift last year.
Very happy with it.
Some aspects seem superior in design.

Agreed...bought the same 2 years ago. When you are really using it, wish it was faster, but great for storage,

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by bee1971
4 post

2 post

Scissors - Low , Medium , High

Portable - All weights
QuickJack - Home Depot will have sales every so often - Good pricing and a lot of reviews

I guess you should bee asking exactly what your looking at

Bendpak
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 11:02 PM

i am sure their are different grades of lifts.
at the new car dealership i work at. they only buy Bendpak lifts.
when we had our old dealership they had about 50 lifts. most were about 25 years old.

when they remodeled the import store they replaced every lift with new Bendpak lifts. i do believe there are about 40 lifts in the shop. i think most all are 2 post asymmetrical. i think the alignment one is a scissors type lift. when lowered is sits completely flat to the floor in the pit it's mounted in.
at the bodyshop / service center there are 7 2 post asymmetrical and 1 scissors alignment in a pit. as far as i know they have had to do 0 repairs on those lifts in the 5 years we have been at our current location.
the alignment one is pretty cool. the front is open in the center and there is a line of lights built into the lift on the inside of the ramps for easy underside viewing.

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 11:06 PM

I've had experience with Challenger and Rotary lifts but not the Bendpaks.
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 11:19 PM

I've purchased 2. First one, good unit, came with one cable the wrong length, they couriered the right one out quickly.

Ask them up front for the brand of the powerpack it will be shipped with and a picture of the motor data label.
If it's got a label with a bunch of blank squares, it's not very good in my opinion. You can PM me if you want the full story.

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/02/21 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Uberpube
I've purchased 2. First one, good unit, came with one cable the wrong length, they couriered the right one out quickly.

Ask them up front for the brand of the powerpack it will be shipped with and a picture of the motor data label.
If it's got a label with a bunch of blank squares, it's not very good in my opinion. You can PM me if you want the full story.

Thanks, I'll wait to see what I decide. Thanks to all for the info.
Posted By: Suregrip391

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/03/21 12:05 AM

I have a 10’ ceiling and purchased a Direct Lift 9000lb model with Jack and love it.
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/03/21 12:51 AM

I'd look at a used commercial lift before a new hobbyists lift. The hobbyists stuff is flimsy and cheap. The commercial stuff is generally stout with a pretty good margin of error on capacity.

I've actually got a Rotary 2 post that was destined for scrap from the shop that beat it to death for 20 years. I got it almost 15 years ago and replaced cables and guides. Good cleaning and maintenance and I used it daily for 10 years. Still have it but relegated to hobby status.
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/03/21 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by ruderunner
I'd look at a used commercial lift before a new hobbyists lift. The hobbyists stuff is flimsy and cheap.

Nothing flimsy or cheap about my Bendpak 10K lb. I was a dealer tech a few years back. I don't remember exactly what brand we had but the one in my bay was essentially the exact same thing as what I have at home now. No problems with it.

Attached picture IMG_0395.JPG
Posted By: A12

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/03/21 01:31 AM

Question, are Bendpak cable raising lifts?
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/03/21 03:03 AM

I want a Bendpack parking lift as looks to be well made.
A6S Autostacker
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/03/21 04:43 AM

Bendpak and Rotary are by far the most common brands in shops around here.
Posted By: A12

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/03/21 05:38 AM

A few years ago I told my friend that I was thinking about getting a low ceiling garage lift and he said save yourself a lot of time and start by looking at a Mohawk Lift and work from there.

Click on "Feature Images" Here: Feature Images

How they are Made In USA https://mohawklifts.com/library/How_2Posts_Lifts_Are_Made.pdf

https://mohawklifts.com/automotive-lifts/2-post-lifts/a7/

If you look at the comparison of features it's hard to not think about maybe spending a little (or is that a lot?) more? Dang the Mohawk lifts are built to a little higher grade.....but you pay for what you get as always. Not saying the Bendpak lifts are not worth their price, in fact I was considering a Bendpak all along and might end up with one if I can't figure out how to get the Mohawk.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Ra618541a0949726c62a7b5f77352fe56.jpg
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/03/21 11:43 AM

10,000 Bendpak here and no problems for the last 15 years.. 2 post asymmetrical.

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/03/21 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by A12
Question, are Bendpak cable raising lifts?

Yes, with two redundant cables.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/03/21 03:35 PM

i just wished i had ceiling height for a lift !
just barely 8ft. is all i have........
beer
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/03/21 05:03 PM

If you can't raise the roof, you might lower the floor.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/04/21 01:04 AM

Bendpak 9K four post here used very regularly but not at a dealership, muffler shop level. No issues wink beer
Posted By: moparx

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/04/21 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by ruderunner
If you can't raise the roof, you might lower the floor.

i have considered digging a pit, but as i live on a hillside, i'm concerned about how ground water flows here.
and if i lower the floor, i will be below street level with a steep incline to the street, as the street is just over 1 1/2 car lengths from the garage.
beer
Posted By: Tom_440

Re: Bendpak lifts, anyone have one? - 04/05/21 02:04 AM

I have a stupid tract home with a low garage ceiling, so I have a Bendpac mid rise scissor lift I bought off craigslist. It does what it is supposed to do year after year, but I cant get to the trans area because its a scissor lift.
© 2024 Moparts Forums