Moparts

Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia?

Posted By: Mastershake340

Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 02:51 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/res...an-dodge-chargers/ar-BB1eslyl?ocid=ientp
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 02:57 PM

If ya cant beat them ban them?
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 03:04 PM

But not Mustangs?

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 03:09 PM

Seems like a DA scammer.

Like 1k is gonna fix the problem.

If they dont want the chargers, they need to buy up every one.

Attached picture Screenshot_2021-03-11 Help us ban Dodge chargers in Atlanta, organized by Alex Kahn.png
Posted By: wingman

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 03:20 PM

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/l.../63-9fd133c9-6bfa-43e4-93bc-205fd774eb0c

There was a really bad crash here yesterday caused by an idiot speeding through the streets of a local suburb--the police chief mentioned Challengers by name. Killed an innocent lady.
Unfortunately in our town late model Chargers, Challengers, and 300s are favorites of young males in the inner city.
If someone goes flying by you on the highway at a very unsafe speed, it is likely going to be one of those 3--or a lifted pickup truck.
They also get stolen a lot.

"Simmons says four years ago, his department tackled a speeding problem at the intersection by putting more officers in the area.

"Some people just like to drive fast," said Chief Simmons.

He said he's particularly seen an increasing number of drivers in Dodge Challengers intentionally speed down streets.

"For some reason, I've seen them run from me. I'm always seeing police chasing them. I've seen Highway Patrol chase them. I've seen city police chase them. We get behind them, they don't pull over," Chief Simmons said."

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 03:24 PM

"For some reason, I've seen them run from me. I'm always seeing police chasing them. I've seen Highway Patrol chase them. I've seen city police chase them. We get behind them, they don't pull over," Chief Simmons said."

Street racers have been running from the cops from day one...... what part does not the "Chief" understand.

Them things that go bang by itself does not cause the harm, the person in control of it does.

Originally Posted by wingman
https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/l.../63-9fd133c9-6bfa-43e4-93bc-205fd774eb0c

There was a really bad crash here yesterday caused by an idiot speeding through the streets of a local suburb--the police chief mentioned Challengers by name. Killed an innocent lady.
Unfortunately in our town late model Chargers, Challengers, and 300s are favorites of young males in the inner city.
If someone goes flying by you on the highway at a very unsafe speed, it is likely going to be one of those 3--or a lifted pickup truck.
They also get stolen a lot.

"Simmons says four years ago, his department tackled a speeding problem at the intersection by putting more officers in the area.

"Some people just like to drive fast," said Chief Simmons.

He said he's particularly seen an increasing number of drivers in Dodge Challengers intentionally speed down streets.

Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 03:38 PM

Here its BMWs with awful sounding exhausts and pops
Posted By: topside

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 03:47 PM

^^^ Here, it's logging trucks.
Or lifted 4x4s with 22" or bigger wheels.
Neither of which stop worth a damn.
Posted By: wingman

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead

Street racers have been running from the cops from day one...... what part does not the "Chief" understand.

Them things that go bang by itself does not cause the harm, the person in control of it does.

The stuff going on around here is usually way more serious than street racing.

Nobody takes a minivan or a Volvo to a drive-by shooting...
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by DirectSubjection

Speeder's here are mostly BMW's, here but a lot of Infinities, Altima's and yes Chargers. Surprisingly few Challengers speed but there are a lot around here.

I read the guys GoFundMe page and he is either the criminally stupid or looking to bilk peope out of a $1000. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Personally I am more afraid of the idiots with cell phones stuck to their face or who think it's your responsibility to avoid them when they pull out into traffic or change lanes without looking. I see the speeders coming and I just let them go on by.

They have gotten into putting up speed mountains (I wouldn't call them bumps they are huge) on the neighborhood streets frequented by speeders. Those are inconvenient but sadly necessary now do to speeding in the neighborhoods.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by DirectSubjection

I've had to deal with that issue too. Its called a "crackle pop tune" they have done to them and is extremely annoying
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 04:30 PM

Speeders come in all shape and sizes.
Posted By: VS29H0B

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 04:40 PM

In Northern VA, punk kids whose parents pay for everything --- drive Subarus or Hondas with huge fart pipes and buzz neighborhoods. The amount of insane dangerous stuff this kids get away with is far beyond what we saw with muscle cars back in the day. A bunch of these punks tried to lore several older muscle car owners iinto stupid behavior in 25 MPH residential areas --- no thanks, take it to the track or autocross...
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 04:43 PM

Typical "ban it" mentality. Blame the implement, not the people using it. realcrazy
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 06:10 PM

Yep, Chargers and firearms. Ban them, they are the problem. It can't possibly be the idiot behind the instrument, now can it?

And those 2 issues have something else in common, too. They both happen most frequently in certain areas of certain cities. Neither is really a wide spread problem.

And come to think about it, quads and dirt bikes need to be banned, too. They are becoming a problem on the streets in many of those same areas. The list keeps growing on these terrible, dangerous items. Get rid of these items and all will be well.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 08:15 PM

I think he's jealous because he can't afford one.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 08:37 PM

I sent in $5
Posted By: resqguy

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 09:56 PM

In this world of Cancel Culture sometimes the backlash has the reverse effect. I wonder if he works for a Dodge dealer. If his mission fails, at least he made a few bucks through GoFundMe.
Posted By: Abodysforever

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/11/21 11:21 PM

Dodge needs to do a Hellcat commercial in Atlanta now!!
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/12/21 01:17 AM

The guy is probably just a grand short of the needed down payment for his own Hellcat Charger.

Either that, or he's hoping to be able to buy a few at great prices if he can get them banned or restricted. He probably doesn't even live in Atlanta. Gene
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/12/21 01:49 AM

Why does anything need to be for real anymore? Just say it enough and it will become true.
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/12/21 03:25 AM

I think I can I think I can I think I can

Will the little engine bee next
Posted By: Tom_440

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/12/21 08:00 PM

How to get rid of evil "Chargers."

1. Force registration of the "Charger." (done)
2. Tax registration of the "Charger" so its difficult to afford. (done)
3. Background checks before acquiring a "Charger?" (next step?)
4. Confiscation of "Charger." (final solution)
Posted By: jcc

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/12/21 08:22 PM

Based on previous proposed "bans" lately, all the current local Charger owners ought to thank the guy profusely, their cars just doubled in price. biggrin
Posted By: jughed

Re: Chargers to be banned in Atlanta Georgia? - 03/12/21 09:27 PM

I think the gang bangers who like driving Chargers need to know that guy's home address
© 2024 Moparts Forums