Moparts

Bristol dirt race

Posted By: theraif

Bristol dirt race - 03/09/21 07:46 PM

talking the nascar part 250 laps during the day hope it going to be over cast , this vid shows a dry-ish track
Posted By: topside

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/09/21 11:04 PM

I think it'll be interesting, and kind of "back to the roots".
Hope everyone in the seats close to the track at least has glasses or goggles !
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/10/21 12:13 AM

Might be the best race of the season!
Got to be better then that boring Vegas race last Sunday was. Was a great NASCAR nap though. Gene
Posted By: Neil

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/10/21 12:16 AM

I bet a lot of the drivers will hate it - ie the ones who are only used to asphalt with perfect grip all the time.

A Kyle Larson type would be my pick to win it as they race other types of cars and surfaces frequently. Asphalt only guys are going to get schooled.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/10/21 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Neil
I bet a lot of the drivers will hate it - ie the ones who are only used to asphalt with perfect grip all the time.

A Kyle Larson type would be my pick to win it as they race other types of cars and surfaces frequently. Asphalt only guys are going to get schooled.

I agree! I was on a dirt short track pit crew back in the day. It is a challenge to make a car get around the track under different conditions cause the track changes constantly! Crazy how much hook can be had with a good setup on a good track. Sideways in the corners and spinning a small block hard down the chutes!! Some of the most fun I've ever had and I was just on the crew!

Edit: Yep...if you're in the stands some glasses and....cover your beer!! lol

"Dirt's for racin', asphalt's for gettin' there!"
Posted By: topside

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/10/21 02:33 AM

I'm curious as to how the dirt will behave on top of the Bristol surface.
Will the groove move around like dirt, or will it be relatively stable ?

I agree, the guys like Larson & Bell who've run Sprint cars would seem to be at a big advantage.
More so, if the groove moves around like real dirt.

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/10/21 03:01 AM

https://www.nascar.com/gallery/bristol-motor-speedways-dirt-transformation-in-photos/#photo-1
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/11/21 12:17 AM

I'm looking forward to this race, Thought about going, but with limited seating due to covid, it was sold out.
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/11/21 12:26 AM

NASCAR is finally doing something in the right direction to bring some fans back.

I haven't watched NASCRAP or gone to a race in quite a while......but I will be watching this race.

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/11/21 01:07 AM

Wonder if they will change the exhaust exit location on the cars? I can see those low side exit exhaust tips blowing a ton of dirt in the air at 8500 rpm.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/11/21 01:35 AM

If they are adding that much dirt (said 24") the walls are going to be pretty short unless they add on top of the walls.

I would think with a sawdust base, and 24" of dirt, the track should act pretty much like a real dirt track. Sure hope it doesn't rain a lot the week before the race. Gene
Posted By: EV2DEMON

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/11/21 03:30 PM

It'll be an interesting novelty that I'll watch if I don't have anything else going on. However, if the trucks at Eldora are any indication, the racing will suck and the cars will be stupid slow on dirt.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/11/21 10:24 PM

I agree. Larson will be tough on the dirt.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/12/21 04:48 AM

Let’s not forget how fast the sprint cars were when they did this....
Posted By: klunick

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/12/21 06:29 PM

Agree with a couple of others. I too was on a dirt track crew years ago. Drivers need to figure out where and how to hang it out and the problem isn't only on different parts of the track, but during the race the track will dry up and how you ran 10 laps ago will change. Wait till a rut forms. Then the fun starts.
Posted By: theraif

Re: Bristol dirt race - 03/12/21 06:50 PM

Wonder if they will change the exhaust exit location on the cars? I can see those low side exit exhaust tips blowing a ton of dirt in the air at 8500 rpm.

this is a late set up ump mods are the same

Attached picture htf.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums