Moparts

Semiconductor shortage forces automobile production cuts

Posted By: theraif

Semiconductor shortage forces automobile production cuts - 01/30/21 08:03 PM

see i knew all those fancy electronics would become an issue grin
DETROIT -- A widening global shortage of semiconductors for auto parts is forcing major auto companies to halt or slow vehicle production just as they were recovering from pandemic-related factory shutdowns.

Officials at Volkswagen, Ford, Fiat Chrysler, Toyota and Nissan all say they have been hit by the shortage and been forced to delay production of some models in order to keep other factories running. >> https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wir...rces-automobile-production-cuts-75140296
Posted By: TJP

Re: Semiconductor shortage forces automobile production cuts - 01/31/21 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by theraif
see i knew all those fancy electronics would become an issue grin
DETROIT -- A widening global shortage of semiconductors for auto parts is forcing major auto companies to halt or slow vehicle production just as they were recovering from pandemic-related factory shutdowns.

Officials at Volkswagen, Ford, Fiat Chrysler, Toyota and Nissan all say they have been hit by the shortage and been forced to delay production of some models in order to keep other factories running. >> https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wir...rces-automobile-production-cuts-75140296

up popcorn
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Semiconductor shortage forces automobile production cuts - 01/31/21 02:16 AM

Bring back points and carbs, problem solved.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Semiconductor shortage forces automobile production cuts - 01/31/21 02:19 AM

Few weeks old snowblow
Posted By: theraif

Re: Semiconductor shortage forces automobile production cuts - 01/31/21 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Few weeks old snowblow

i know it popped up again in a feed
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Semiconductor shortage forces automobile production cuts - 01/31/21 09:42 PM

Not according to all the car commercials i see on TV!
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Semiconductor shortage forces automobile production cuts - 02/01/21 04:16 PM

Cant believe all the car companies that think they are going to go all electric. Unless they plan on mining asteroids I don't know where they think they will get the materials for rare earth magnets and lithium batteries?!?!?! There is only a finite amount of that stuff and a new report just said China is NOT taking new orders or customers for their raw materials. Maybe I shouldn't have sold my horse smile
© 2024 Moparts Forums