Moparts

What are my options? (credit)

Posted By: SRT6776

What are my options? (credit) - 12/24/20 11:31 AM

Had a dog walker last year that would walk my dog when I was at work, I pre-paid every week. I quit the job and went back to self employment and no longer needed the dog walker. About a month ago I was sent a bill for over $400 from them, saying I owed them. I told them no, I pre paid every week and must have me confused with someone else. Then she tried to guilt trip me into just paying it because they're going through financial difficulties, I laughed and said what shes doing is fraud and I'll never pay it. Now they have a collection agency after me and it dinged my credit. I do not owe them a cent - what do I do? I am going to dispute it after the holidays but is there anything else?
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: What are my options? (credit) - 12/24/20 12:21 PM

if someone used a collection agency on me in a situation like you describe mister nice guy would go by by.

i am no lawyer but i think they need a written and signed contract to bill you for services rendered like they are doing with a collection agency.
i would take a trip to my lawyers office ASAP to find out what you can legally do. i would push to counter sue for everything you possibly can including getting $$$ for damaging your credit rating.

you probably won't get any $$$ but you will get the satisfaction of forcing them to declare bankruptcy to avoid paying you. it will cost them $$$ just to declare bankruptcy.

Re: What are my options? (credit) - 12/24/20 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mr T2U
if someone used a collection agency on me in a situation like you describe mister nice guy would go by by.

i am no lawyer but i think they need a written and signed contract to bill you for services rendered like they are doing with a collection agency.
i would take a trip to my lawyers office ASAP to find out what you can legally do. i would push to counter sue for everything you possibly can including getting $$$ for damaging your credit rating.

you probably won't get any $$$ but you will get the satisfaction of forcing them to declare bankruptcy to avoid paying you. it will cost them $$$ just to declare bankruptcy.

I have contacted a lawyer, reported them to the better business bureau and reported them to the tax man for not paying taxes. Oh, Mr nice guy has left the building.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: What are my options? (credit) - 12/24/20 12:50 PM

Rich people problems .. $400 to walk a dog ..good lord
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: What are my options? (credit) - 12/24/20 02:34 PM

You should have some sort of receipt from your pre-payments. Did you pay the walker directly and they put it in their pocket or ???

Re: What are my options? (credit) - 12/24/20 02:59 PM

I paid cash, left it in an envelope each week for them. Others in the area did the same
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: What are my options? (credit) - 12/24/20 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6776
I paid cash, left it in an envelope each week for them. Others in the area did the same

Me thinks it never made it to the place it was supposed to go and you have zero proof you paid anything. Hope it works out OK for ya!
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: What are my options? (credit) - 12/24/20 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dcuda69

Me thinks it never made it to the place it was supposed to go and you have zero proof you paid anything. Hope it works out OK for ya!

"As would they" if they didn't have a signed contract with you or proof of services rendered and that you didn't pay.

I would contact the Collection agency and talk to them.

Re: What are my options? (credit) - 12/24/20 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dcuda69

I have e-mails where I said I'd be leaving the money, how much and her receipt of that. But the main issue is she just has no clue, it was a nightmare dealing with her as she had no idea how to run a business, everyone else in the area had major issues with her and now this. I'll contact the collection agency.
© 2024 Moparts Forums