Moparts

Ever feel like something is missing from your life?

Posted By: Michael Ecks

Ever feel like something is missing from your life? - 12/20/20 09:12 PM

Like clutch material? Amazingly this 727 would still chirp the tires on 1-2 shift as long as I kept tightening up the adjuster every couple weeks when I was daily driving my challenger with this in it. Until I ran out of adjuster threads. Swapped in a TCI Streetfighter years ago, just disassembling this old one for the usuable parts and scrap piles.

Attached picture KIMG0667.JPG
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: Ever feel like something is missing from your life? - 12/20/20 09:17 PM

eek
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Ever feel like something is missing from your life? - 12/20/20 09:43 PM

Metal-to-metal clutches are quite efficient given enough apply pressure...kinda like the Sure-Grip differential.
Posted By: topside

Re: Ever feel like something is missing from your life? - 12/20/20 10:19 PM

Talk about getting your money's worth outta something laugh2
I believe the technical term is "smoked" - BTDT.

Last 904 I smoked was about 10 years ago, and dropping the pan in a 10,000SF shop, you could smell the muck from across the shop...
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Ever feel like something is missing from your life? - 12/21/20 12:34 AM

Been there, done that. The really fun one was when I dropped the pan, and everything had a nice thick coating of aluminum powder. I decided I needed to rebuild a different trans. I was told the torque converter probably came apart, but I wasn't up for the clean up task. 904s were not that hard to find. Gene
Posted By: RobG

Re: Ever feel like something is missing from your life? - 12/21/20 03:21 PM

Wow - I thought you were showing us one of your wife's cake pans and you at the entire cake!
Posted By: GY3

Re: Ever feel like something is missing from your life? - 12/22/20 01:23 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about those young men in white shirts and little ties that knock on your door to "witness" to you. grin
© 2024 Moparts Forums