Moparts

More Mopar guys leaving us. . .

Posted By: a12rag

More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/18/20 04:38 PM

I know we are all getting older, but still a sad day when you hear of friends passing away . . . last month a real character, Mopar thru and thru, from Vancouver Island - Don Bailey (Uncle Don) passed. And the I just heard a really great guy from Seattle, Brian Boyette also passed. Brian had a great quiet understated sense of humor ! I am so glad I got to meet and become friends with them . . . just makes you realize how much people affect you, and you should say hi, and such, while you can !!

A few pics of great cruise with Brian (and his buddy Gary) to Van Nuys in 2010 . . . and Stu was so gracious to invite us to his place prior to the cruise !! . . . pic of Stu & Brian.

Here is a shout out to all the great people I have met over the years, because of the cars, car shows, etc . . . .please stay safe and well !!!

Cheers

Mark

Attached picture IMGP0005.JPG
Attached picture IMGP0004.JPG
Attached picture IMGP0021.JPG
Attached picture IMGP0026.JPG
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/18/20 07:52 PM

Sorry to hear. RIP Mopar brothers.
Posted By: Neil

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/18/20 11:48 PM

Thanks for sharing and the photos.

Our local Mopars Unlimited club broke apart years ago and people just split off and did something else, of fell off the old car radar entirely. Haven't seen a good number of them in years. It's a bummer.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/19/20 12:23 AM

A12, who’s that in the passenger seat of the Polara? The first pic I thought Bob Kropp, but the 2nd pic not so much.

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/19/20 12:25 AM

Passenger seat = Brian . . .his buddy Gary was driving and with him on that trip
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/19/20 05:45 AM

Hard to hear about good friends like this leaving us, but it's going to be more & more in the years to come, then it'll be our day. Sorry to hear of these good guys leaving us. I have also met a LOT of great "car people" over the years - many of them have become very good friends. Without being a car nut, I don't know where in the world I would have ever made new friends after high school! It's been a grand brotherhood, & I'm looking forward to many more good times - as long as I can!
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/19/20 05:52 AM

Bryan Boyet. That’s his car. Haven’t seen Bryan since 2012. He owns a clock shop in Seattle. I was just talking with Greg Peck about him. Yes, Gary is Brian’s running partner. Can’t remember Gary’s last name.

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/19/20 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by a12rag
I know we are all getting older, but still a sad day when you hear of friends passing away . . . last month a real character, Mopar thru and thru, from Vancouver Island - Don Bailey (Uncle Don) passed. And the I just heard a really great guy from Seattle, Brian Boyette also passed. Brian had a great quiet understated sense of humor ! I am so glad I got to meet and become friends with them . . . just makes you realize how much people affect you, and you should say hi, and such, while you can !!

A few pics of great cruise with Brian (and his buddy Gary) to Van Nuys in 2010 . . . and Stu was so gracious to invite us to his place prior to the cruise !! . . . pic of Stu & Brian.

Here is a shout out to all the great people I have met over the years, because of the cars, car shows, etc . . . .please stay safe and well !!!

Cheers

Mark

That’s Brian Boyet with Stu

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/19/20 06:07 AM

I was just informed that Brian Boyett did indeed pass away yesterday. Real nice guy, always had a pleasant temperament. angel
Posted By: Hemi_Jack

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/19/20 06:28 AM

Sad to hear that, Brian was a great guy and attended a lot of Mopar events when I lived over on the West side of the state. RIP
Posted By: hergfest

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/19/20 07:52 AM

Its Gary Raymond in the pass seat with Brian. They had been running together since the 80s.
Brian was a legend in the Seattle Mopar Community. He founded the 1st Mopar Club in the Seattle area. That 64 Polara 500 convertible had over 200k miles on it going to car shows all over the West Coast. He always drove it down to the Flings. My favorite Brian story:
One time we were driving back from the Boise Mopar show. We swapped cars, he drove my V code 70 Charger I was in his 06 Magnum R/T, which was his pride and joy. We were on a two lane and he gets on the two way radio and says “pass me”. So I nail it, it downshifts twice, and I pass him at full throttle. I asked him when we stopped why did he want me to pass him? His reply “I wanted to hear my new exhaust at full throttle”
I was able to see/talk with him a couple times in the past year or two, he had Alzheimer's and was better to talk to him in the morning. RIP Brian Boyett.

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/19/20 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by hergfest
Its Gary Raymond in the pass seat with Brian. They had been running together since the 80s.
Brian was a legend in the Seattle Mopar Community. He founded the 1st Mopar Club in the Seattle area. That 64 Polara 500 convertible had over 200k miles on it going to car shows all over the West Coast. He always drove it down to the Flings. My favorite Brian story:
One time we were driving back from the Boise Mopar show. We swapped cars, he drove my V code 70 Charger I was in his 06 Magnum R/T, which was his pride and joy. We were on a two lane and he gets on the two way radio and says “pass me”. So I nail it, it downshifts twice, and I pass him at full throttle. I asked him when we stopped why did he want me to pass him? His reply “I wanted to hear my new exhaust at full throttle”
I was able to see/talk with him a couple times in the past year or two, he had Alzheimer's and was better to talk to him in the morning. RIP Brian Boyett.

I remember with the Magnum RT down in Vegas, talking about how the MDS caused a "drone" . . . years later, I had got my 06 Magnum RT AWD and we were up at the Williams Lake Car show (I believe), we switched Magnums and Brian said he could feel the "front wheels driving" and the brakes were about the same . . .

Thanks for putting Gary's last name in ! In the pic Gary is driving on the PCH Cruise before Van Nuys show, and Brian is in passenger seat.

I heard that Frank Costa has been battling cancer and now Covid19, and may not make it . . . sad.

Best wishes to all

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/20/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by a12rag
Originally Posted by hergfest

I remember with the Magnum RT down in Vegas, talking about how the MDS caused a "drone" . . . years later, I had got my 06 Magnum RT AWD and we were up at the Williams Lake Car show (I believe), we switched Magnums and Brian said he could feel the "front wheels driving" and the brakes were about the same . . .

Thanks for putting Gary's last name in ! In the pic Gary is driving on the PCH Cruise before Van Nuys show, and Brian is in passenger seat.

I heard that Frank Costa has been battling cancer and now Covid19, and may not make it . . . sad.

Best wishes to all

I didn’t hear that about Frank

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/22/20 03:08 PM

This has not been a good week or year for that matter. Heard last night that Frank Costa passed away. Good friend of Bob Kroc (Superbird Bob), good friend to many in the Seattle Mopars Unlimited. angel

Re: More Mopar guys leaving us. . . - 11/22/20 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by dart4forte
This has not been a good week or year for that matter. Heard last night that Frank Costa passed away. Good friend of Bob Kroc (Superbird Bob), good friend to many in the Seattle Mopars Unlimited. angel

Yes, said news . . . it is Bob Kropp (aka Superbird Bob) . . .

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/man-who-was-in-back-of-ambulance-during-everett-crash-dies/
© 2024 Moparts Forums