Moparts

Datsun 280z, 350 miles, first wash in 44 years

Posted By: not_a_charger

Datsun 280z, 350 miles, first wash in 44 years - 11/02/20 12:20 PM

Very cool to watch the detailing process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZlIl74b0Ss&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=AMMONYC
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Datsun 280z, 350 miles, first wash in 44 years - 11/02/20 02:18 PM

T'was. Not being a detailer, I thought they'd start with a simple low pressure rinse? Starting with foam and a towel just seems wrong to me.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Datsun 280z, 350 miles, first wash in 44 years - 11/03/20 12:18 AM

The first video I ever saw of theirs was with this Ramcharger. Hmmmmm.....since I watched the video, a previous owner chimed in.

Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Datsun 280z, 350 miles, first wash in 44 years - 11/03/20 01:28 AM

I dont grasp that either, any dirt or dust is abrasive so why even lightly drag anything on it? Also ive never been keen to any "two" people running a buffer since everyone does it different.

But what do I know?

Originally Posted by 3hundred
T'was. Not being a detailer, I thought they'd start with a simple low pressure rinse? Starting with foam and a towel just seems wrong to me.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Datsun 280z, 350 miles, first wash in 44 years - 11/03/20 01:52 AM

I detailed cars many years ago. It's better to wash the whole thing all at once, including the engine. A Hotsy sprayer will take all that dirt and dust off the outside no problem so the whole rag thing was unnecessary.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Datsun 280z, 350 miles, first wash in 44 years - 11/03/20 02:38 AM

Exactly, such a cringe moment, and then he ended up hitting it with the pressure washer anyway. Lets scratch the paint to save a paper sticker under the hood puke
Posted By: wingman

Re: Datsun 280z, 350 miles, first wash in 44 years - 11/03/20 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6776

Exactly, such a cringe moment, and then he ended up hitting it with the pressure washer anyway. Lets scratch the paint to save a paper sticker under the hood puke

Yeah overall it was a cool video. But I think that part they were just trying to sell product. A pressure washer would have taken almost all that heavy dirt off--without the risk of scratching. The whole "look at how much dirty is on my towel" is just way too infomercial.
© 2024 Moparts Forums