Moparts

Jerry Jeff Walker passes...

Posted By: Ramrod39

Jerry Jeff Walker passes... - 10/27/20 05:17 AM

2020 just continues to suck when it comes to iconic singer/songwriters. Jerry Jeff Walker, who wrote Mr. Bojangles has passed. He was a particular favorite of mine, saw him in concert several times and it was always a good time. His career spanned more than 40 years and he released about 30 albums. There is some good sh*t on those albums.

Thanks for the good times, Jerry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcBOcwgb4OA
Posted By: That AMC Guy

Re: Jerry Jeff Walker passes... - 10/27/20 07:25 AM

With all that's gone on this year, I'm surprised nobody has reported that Elvis has died in 2020.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Jerry Jeff Walker passes... - 10/27/20 07:29 AM

Great songwriter. Sorry to hear of his passing.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Jerry Jeff Walker passes... - 10/27/20 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by RamblerMan
With all that's gone on this year, I'm surprised nobody has reported that Elvis has died in 2020.

True that, but his grandson, Benjamin Keough, did die this year. frowwn
Posted By: wingman

Re: Jerry Jeff Walker passes... - 10/27/20 12:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI1sTyaErW0

RIP Jerry Jeff
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Jerry Jeff Walker passes... - 10/27/20 01:39 PM

Jerry Jeff has always been one of our favorites. We would go see him anytime he was in the area.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Jerry Jeff Walker passes... - 10/27/20 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by RamblerMan

Well, I did hear he has left the building.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Jerry Jeff Walker passes... - 10/27/20 02:38 PM

RIP Jerry Jeff. When I was in my late teens and early twenty's one of our local radio stations had "outlaw hours" every Friday and Saturday night. They always played JJW's stuff, Hank JR, DAC, Kris K, Waylon, Willy and lots more. The DJ would get in trouble for playing something that wasn't supposed to be on the air and would get fired only to be back the next weekend. LOL

Great memories with good friends, just pi$$in' in the wind. Gods speed Jerry Jeff.
Posted By: Diego (not Ted)

Re: Jerry Jeff Walker passes... - 10/27/20 07:58 PM

"LA Freeway" is my favorite of his, even though he didn't write it.

But this is the first song of his that caught my ear.....

Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Jerry Jeff Walker passes... - 10/27/20 11:12 PM

I really didn't know about him until I got Sirius radio and started listening to Outlaw Country about 10 years ago. Sorry to hear of his passing I really liked his songs angel

Gus beer
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Jerry Jeff Walker passes... - 10/28/20 12:30 PM

Ran into him on the streets of Fredricksburg in about 2003ish .. nice as could be, signed a bunch of stuff for us .. been a fan since the 70's .. pissin in the wind !
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Jerry Jeff Walker passes... - 10/28/20 11:46 PM

Billy Joe Shaver died today
© 2024 Moparts Forums