Moparts

Long winter is here

Posted By: bigdad

Long winter is here - 10/26/20 07:12 PM

We had our 1st measurable snow this weekend , locally for me it was about 7 inches .. its melting quickly and forecast is mid to upper 50's for next couple weeks but, going to need to entertain myself with some Car movies ..

Since we have a western topic running , name some car movies .. I have already

Mad, Mad,Mad world

Heart Like a wheel

Funny Car summer

Vanishing point

Love the beast

Snake and Mongoose

American Graffiti

Hollywood Knights

Christine

Worlds fastest Indian

Cars
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Long winter is here - 10/26/20 07:47 PM

Don't say that snow word!! We had our first this morning too but it was above freezing so it only stayed on cod surfaces like car windows.

Too many movies to list but 3 of my favorites are

Used Cars
Planes Trains and Automobiles
Tommy Boy
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Long winter is here - 10/26/20 08:09 PM

We have had a WEEK of it now !!! . . . temps yesterday morning (with windchill) were -4F !!! . . . . BRRR . . . probably about 10" of snow everywhere !! . . . Crazy, we usually get some kinda snow before halloween, but not like this, or this cold !!! . . . at least this week the temps are coming back up to close to normal (approx. 55F) . . . probably melt a lot of snow, but still have some for Halloween . . .
Posted By: Hugh Jorgan

Re: Long winter is here - 10/26/20 08:16 PM

Corvette Summer

Hooper
Posted By: topside

Re: Long winter is here - 10/26/20 08:20 PM

Yeah, 5" at my place, then freezinass wind from Canada, currently about 25 or so...
That's about 6 weeks ahead of normal; it also apparently surprised the trees (still leafy) & the deer, as they haven't eaten my plants yet.
Supposed to be decent in a few days, though.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Long winter is here - 10/26/20 10:32 PM

popcorn
Posted By: wannadrag

Re: Long winter is here - 10/26/20 10:35 PM

2 Lane Blacktop Hot Rod

Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Long winter is here - 10/26/20 10:39 PM

Eat my dust!
Grand theft auto!
Drive!
Ronin!
Speedtrap!

and my all time favorite.....Duel.
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Long winter is here - 10/26/20 10:39 PM

Top Gear re-runs never get old.

Mad Max Fury Road is the most intense car movie I have ever seen. Highly recommend.

The re-make of Gone in Sixty Seconds with Nicolas Cage is very good.

Ford vs. Ferrari

Yes, the snow thing. Was just on the Sport Bike not long ago, might get one more ride in if a heat wave comes. Otherwise, "climate change" rolleyes is early here too.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Long winter is here - 10/26/20 10:58 PM

Supposed to be 16* here in the morning...Brrrr!
Posted By: forphorty

Re: Long winter is here - 10/27/20 03:32 AM

burnout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_g1YS5mjWk
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Long winter is here - 10/27/20 11:52 AM

Pit Stop - lots of scenes shot in the George Barris shop, Anson Wheels warehouse, Santa Anna circle track, etc. There are scenes shot in junkyards and early dune running in Pismo, too. They didn't have a big budget so they shot lots of real places. It's a hidden gem. Oh, and Sid Haig. Can't miss a movie that features Sid Haig

Attached picture pit stop.jpg
Posted By: steve70

Re: Long winter is here - 10/27/20 12:09 PM

Don't forget "Dazed and Confused"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aQuvPlcB-8
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Long winter is here - 10/27/20 04:27 PM

Well Summer weather here. T-Shits Shorts and a saw a 30 something with her friend power walking in what she thought would pass for a Top Hoochie Mamma Shorts.
But the 3rd Hurricane is going to hit Louisiana the season but have a brand new generator that will poser the home and a propper transfer switch wire into the meter panel. and 6 months of food as well as things to keep it and everything else safe.
I hate snow. but it looks great on TV!
Posted By: kwhmopar1

Re: Long winter is here - 10/27/20 05:06 PM

Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry

Duel

Need For Speed

Drive
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Long winter is here - 10/27/20 09:08 PM

if you like car crashes.
don't miss Gone in 60 seconds and the sequel the junkman.
they jump a car over a flying airplane in this movie. i don't think the car actually went over the airplane but the camera angle it appears to fly over the airplane.

Utube trailer for the junkman.

they do wreck a nice looking magnum XE in this clip. also car jumping over the airplane is in it. 7:30 min long
some car crashes from the junkman
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: Long winter is here - 10/27/20 09:46 PM

Death Race 2000.... seems to be all here, too, just click the link... 1 hr, 19 minutes...

Posted By: A12

Re: Long winter is here - 10/27/20 10:28 PM

Destiny Turns On The Radio, not a great movie but the opening starts out with a (mocked up Sport Satellite ?) as an A12 Road Runner complete with the promo wheel discs. Quentin Tarantino tells the escaped convict he finds out in the desert and gives a ride to Vegas that it's a '69 440 4-speed with a lift of hood shock up So it starts out with some somewhat correct car guy info........but then the passenger says "My buddy had one just like this but his was a '68" frown That was a bummer BUT later in the film his buddy screams at him "That was my car ! " They didn't make the Road Runner with a 440 in '68 !!!" Then his buddy proceeds to run off the CORRECT PRODUCTION NUMBERS for a '69 A12 coupe/post Road Runner with a 4-speed. and I fell off of the couch in shock that the info was SPOT ON up Now this was back in 1995 when I saw it and when it was filmed. I have it recorded in bad quality VHS and have been trying to find it on a DVD or digital format.

The trailer..................with the promo wheel discs up

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Posted By: John Brown

Re: Long winter is here - 10/28/20 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by A12
Destiny Turns On The Radio, not a great movie but the opening starts out with a (mocked up Sport Satellite ?) as an A12 Road Runner complete with the promo wheel discs. Quentin Tarantino tells the escaped convict he finds out in the desert and gives a ride to Vegas that it's a '69 440 4-speed with a lift of hood shock up So it starts out with some somewhat correct car guy info........but then the passenger says "My buddy had one just like this but his was a '68" frown That was a bummer BUT later in the film his buddy screams at him "That was my car ! " They didn't make the Road Runner with a 440 in '68 !!!" Then his buddy proceeds to run off the CORRECT PRODUCTION NUMBERS for a '69 A12 coupe/post Road Runner with a 4-speed. and I fell off of the couch in shock that the info was SPOT ON up Now this was back in 1995 when I saw it and when it was filmed. I have it recorded in bad quality VHS and have been trying to find it on a DVD or digital format.

The trailer..................with the promo wheel discs up

The whole movie, in English. smile

-> https://ok.ru/video/43336796738 <-

Re: Long winter is here - 10/29/20 02:39 AM

John THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the link up beer up I watched the beginning until the RR tail lights are headed to Vegas and then FF to the 20:00 minute mark to catch the " It was my car, Plymouth only made 615 coupes and 388 of those were 4-speeds"..................Pretty good for a 1995 movie.

Thanks again John up

Mike

Re: Long winter is here - 10/30/20 02:09 PM

Re: Long winter is here - 10/30/20 04:15 PM

up up up up up up up ON ANY SUNDAY was and still is a must see film up up up up up up up

Thanks for posting that BD beer smile

(I always wondered how many members here have seen it at least once..............I've lost count as to how many times I've watched it wink )

MikeR
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Long winter is here - 10/30/20 05:36 PM

If you're into zombie movies, there is a '70 Road Runner in "Daylight's End". Not terrible. Not great. The car is all Mad Max'ed.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Long winter is here - 10/31/20 02:07 AM

Van Nuys Blvd ...

Re: Long winter is here - 10/31/20 04:12 AM

ANutter one ... I don’t think anyone has mentioned this movie .... EVER !

I’ll bet .... Even the roadTOADhatea probably doesn’t know ....

Attached picture 8CB7D18E-3B82-4380-9C58-82AADA213729.png
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: Long winter is here - 10/31/20 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
ANutter one ... I don’t think anyone has mentioned this movie .... EVER !

I’ll bet .... Even the roadTOADhatea probably doesn’t know ....

I'll go with Payback, one of Mel Gibson's movies from 1999.

Mike.

Re: Long winter is here - 11/01/20 12:11 AM

Give mopMike a ceegar !

Did you know there are TWO VERSIONS on that movie ?
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Long winter is here - 11/01/20 03:26 AM

OK
Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
Give mopMike a ceegar !

Did you know there are TWO VERSIONS on that movie ?

I did. One doesn't even have Kris Kristopherson in it at all.

Re: Long winter is here - 11/03/20 04:35 AM

bigdad have you ever watched On Any Sunday II ? really disappointing and IMO should never have been made.......................but I shouldn't complain or be so down on it I did get a small part in it grin

Attached picture ONANYSUNDAYII.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: Long winter is here - 11/03/20 04:44 PM

where should we look to see you ?
beer

Re: Long winter is here - 11/03/20 05:17 PM

At or around the 49:30 minute mark on a yellow bike, mostly yellow gear and a blue helmet with two white (skunk) stripes wink There's another rider on a Honda that helps me out of a bad and awkward situation on top of a cliff frown blush

What got me to this awkward position was actually the shot near the end that appears to be someone else going too fast. It was me going at a good race speed on the side of the cliff on a single track trail. I hit a pretty good size rock that got knocked onto the trail and popped the front wheel airborne and I was headed off of the cliff. Somehow I saved it from going all the way over but the left side foot peg had buried itself into the ground and acted like a pivot. Every time I tried to pull the front end up the bike would pivot on the foot peg and put the rear wheel over the edge. I was very lucky the big red rider came along and good guy that he was pulled the back end up as I pulled the front. I was thanking him the entire time and even as I left and hoped to see him at the end to thank him again and buy him a beer beer Funny thing about the situation and being short I had trouble remounting the bike and actually hit the rear fender with my boot as I swung my leg over. I felt it and almost knocked the bike (again) over the edge but got going. I got just a little ways down the trail when I had a chance to take a quick look back and saw the dust at the bottom of the cliff and thought "OMG I just knocked the guy that helped me off of the cliff, That wasn't my rear fender I just kicked but that good guy that helped me" blush blush I never saw that guy again and thought he was mad at me for what I had done to him after he saved my butt. When the movie came out I saw what really happened and realized I really owed him a couple of beers for all of that. laugh2 beer

Second image is me hauling butt down the single track and headed for trouble: I have had lots of crazy things happen to me in races but never one that was filmed and somewhat shown to be true........"never screw up a good story with facts" someone once told me, in this case I found out I thought for a year that I had knocked that poor, good guy off of the cliff. smile

MikeR

Attached picture ANYSUNDAYII 001.jpg
Attached picture ANYSUNDAYII 004.jpg
Attached picture On Any Sunday II cliff 001.jpg
Attached picture On Any Sunday II cliff 002.jpg

Re: Long winter is here - 11/03/20 07:29 PM

what happened after I left shock frown frown

Attached picture ANYSUNDAYII 003.jpg
Attached picture ANYSUNDAYII 005.jpg
Attached picture ANYSUNDAYII 006.jpg
Attached picture ANYSUNDAYII 007.jpg

Re: Long winter is here - 11/05/20 02:40 AM

Around the 48-ish minute mark........they made it into a pretty funny instance. Really wasn't at the back of the pack as it was a National Enduro in the California desert. Won my class and went on to win the class national title and have to give that guy a big thanks for saving my butt. As I said I really thought I had knocked the guy over the cliff when just moments down the trail I took a quick look back to see all of the dust down the cliff side and at the bottom. Glad he and no one was hurt and sure glad I didn't go off the edge as I was hauling when I hit that big rock.

Re: Long winter is here - 11/13/20 02:08 PM

OG .. gone in 60 full movie

Re: Long winter is here - 11/20/20 01:44 PM

© 2024 Moparts Forums