Moparts

Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi"

Posted By: topside

Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/23/20 11:07 PM

fyi as in the channel, for anyone interested.
Looks like a Covid-compliant (reduced) crowd.
And I've already "learned" that pearl white is called "metalflake" by Mike Joy laugh2
1st Mopar (4 hours in as I fast-forward through what I recorded), no Mopars yet, but a B7 '69 GTX is up soon...
Posted By: TJP

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/24/20 12:19 AM

Watched a little bit last night, the prices seemed unbelievably cheap and the place was close to empty twocents
Posted By: topside

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/24/20 02:47 AM

Said GTX went for 35K.
Looked pretty nice on TV, except:
What looked like mottled paint on roof
Seats had '69 Charger pattern
Sat high, likely SS rear springs (also a rear sway bar)
The usual incorrect polished trim rings
440/console 727
No mention IIRC of #s but allegedly a 61,000 mile car.

A couple Gen-1 Challengers went through at less than I'd expect, like 40K.
Some apparently pretty good deals on tri-fives and hotrods, GM pickups weren't insane.
All in all, a bit softer for obvious reasons, but it'll be interesting to see what Saturday's cars bring.

I think Sat is on History Channel
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/24/20 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by topside
fyi as in the channel, for anyone interested.
Looks like a Covid-compliant (reduced) crowd.
And I've already "learned" that pearl white is called "metalflake" by Mike Joy laugh2
1st Mopar (4 hours in as I fast-forward through what I recorded), no Mopars yet, but a B7 '69 GTX is up soon...

Channel 266 on dish
Posted By: McCandlessboy

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/24/20 10:57 AM

A car I used to own sold on Thursday. I had sold it for 55 at a small auction 2 years ago, sold for half that at BJ.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/24/20 12:26 PM

You’d really have to be desperate to sell at a no reserve BJ Auction now. Covid and very, very controversial election makes this a hard one for everyone.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/24/20 04:20 PM

Yeah, that "No Reserve" is a seller's nightmare, I saw several cars hammer at what I thought were fire sale prices.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/24/20 05:07 PM

There were 3 cars on the truck that delivered mine last week headed there. 2 corvettes and a Cobra
Posted By: Frank Cannon

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/24/20 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by fastmark
You’d really have to be desperate to sell at a no reserve BJ Auction now. Covid and very, very controversial election makes this a hard one for everyone.

Why would Biden or Trump matter to old cars?
Neither seems to be against them.
Posted By: Frank Cannon

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/24/20 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Yeah, that "No Reserve" is a seller's nightmare, I saw several cars hammer at what I thought were fire sale prices.

Meh.
My friend bought his Buick back and they waived the fees.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/24/20 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Frank Cannon
Originally Posted by fastmark

Why would Biden or Trump matter to old cars?
Neither seems to be against them.

Any uncertainty keeps people from spending their disposable income. The people that own a quail/pheasant hunting ranch told me that they book 25% less hunts on election years because people don’t want to spend extra money on pleasure hunts. This year is especially bad. People are just cautious with their money. Cars are the same kind of non essential spending. If people expect things to change for the worse, they save their cash. People are mistaken if they think a President make all the decisions. Lots of people behind the curtain pulling strings.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/24/20 10:25 PM

I can't handle BJ auctions much anymore. Seems more about their hype than the cars. Plus, corvette, camaro, chevelle, mustang, camaro, Rolls, corvette, MOPAR....repeat. And the only person I like listening to is Steven Magnante (sp?). And since they added Chris Jacobs, even worse. He's annoying.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/25/20 03:43 PM

I thought it was camaro, chevelle, corvette, mustang, old ford p/u, t-bird, cut to commercial as Mopar rolls up then repeat.

I've kinda gotten sucked in to the 1st day cars - aka the affordable stuff. Unless they're ebay pigs w/ a ton of lipstick I see a lot of stuff get well bought. Ok, mostly stuff I wouldn't buy but still. Yesterday a commercial ended as a SuperBird was rolling off the block so obviously only got a glimpse of it - think it went for $150k. That seems kinda low to me?

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/25/20 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by RWG75
I thought it was camaro, chevelle, corvette, mustang, old ford p/u, t-bird, cut to commercial as Mopar rolls up then repeat.

I've kinda gotten sucked in to the 1st day cars - aka the affordable stuff. Unless they're ebay pigs w/ a ton of lipstick I see a lot of stuff get well bought. Ok, mostly stuff I wouldn't buy but still. Yesterday a commercial ended as a SuperBird was rolling off the block so obviously only got a glimpse of it - think it went for $150k. That seems kinda low to me?
Oh shoot, that's the correct order. I forgot! $150k seems a bit low for BJ.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/25/20 06:41 PM

Think DVR, five hours of B-J rolls by in 45 minutes.

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/25/20 06:58 PM

True. I probably should just do that. I really like Mecum better because the prices seem a lot more reasonable. I have been looking at their auctions online, and seeing what's coming up. Kissimmee is only an hour away, so maybe one day I'll find something really cool to bid on there....like the perfect D150.
Posted By: A12

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/27/20 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360

True. I probably should just do that. I really like Mecum better because the prices seem a lot more reasonable. I have been looking at their auctions online, and seeing what's coming up. Kissimmee is only an hour away, so maybe one day I'll find something really cool to bid on there....like the perfect D150.

I do the DVR and roll through about 95% of the broadcast and only stop and watch when a Mopar rolls across the block...................then again sometimes an interesting vehicle shows up and you just have to wait for the selling price to be written onto the "SOLD" sticker on the windshield................................ah come on, don't tell me you haven't noticed and even rewound to make sure the price was actually written correctly wink If not then turn in your man card please. laugh2

Attached picture 20201025_025731_resized1.jpg
Attached picture 20201025_025731_resized2.jpg
Attached picture 20201025_024537_resized1.jpg
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/27/20 09:48 PM

so what was the price on the B5 blue 69 Hemi RR ?
Posted By: A12

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/27/20 10:01 PM

so what was the price on the B5 blue 69 Hemi RR ?

Only watched the B5 440 GTX go across the block and went for a low (IMO) 35k?

Didn't see the Hemi RR, the image I posted was in the final quick review of the weekend closing shots.
Posted By: paris401

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/29/20 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by larrymopar360

I do the DVR and roll through about 95% of the broadcast and only stop and watch when a Mopar rolls across the block...................then again sometimes an interesting vehicle shows up and you just have to wait for the selling price to be written onto the "SOLD" sticker on the windshield................................ah come on, don't tell me you haven't noticed and even rewound to make sure the price was actually written correctly wink If not then turn in your man card please. laugh2

i W A N T a SUPRA
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Barrett-Jackson is on "fyi" - 10/29/20 01:18 AM

Baby got back!
© 2024 Moparts Forums