Moparts

Portable engine hoist uses...

Posted By: DirectSubjection

Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/28/20 02:43 AM

I found out today it does a great job pulling out fenceposts! i had put in a bunch of 10ft deer fence fenceposts years ago and they were no longer needed, plucked those suckers right out. up

[Linked Image]

Any other uses?
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/28/20 02:47 AM

I had considered this when I pulled some boxwood hedges from our front garden. I ended up just using my Jeep since I didn't want to dig the hoist out haha.

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/28/20 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
I had considered this when I pulled some boxwood hedges from our front garden. I ended up just using my Jeep since I didn't want to dig the hoist out haha.

laugh2

I did that for my neighbors back when i had my dually. They were trying with their Toyota pickup and it wouldn't budge. 7000#, 510ft/lb of torque, and 4wd made me not even notice the pull. biggrin
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/28/20 05:41 AM

Years ago on a house I bought, hedges had grown nearly a foot above each of the window ledges. Had a friend come by with his wrecker. We wrapped the cable two times around at the base of each one so the cable would cinch up when tightened. Pulled at least a dozen before he had to go on a money making call. All it cost me was a couple of lunches. Next time he came back we finished the job. Eazy-peazy. thumbs

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/28/20 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by John Brown
Years ago on a house I bought, hedges had grown nearly a foot above each of the window ledges. Had a friend come by with his wrecker. We wrapped the cable two times around at the base of each one so the cable would cinch up when tightened. Pulled at least a dozen before he had to go on a money making call. All it cost me was a couple of lunches. Next time he came back we finished the job. Eazy-peazy. thumbs

up
Posted By: 360view

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/28/20 10:31 AM

The same hoist frames are used to pick invalids up off beds and down into wheelchairs, baths, etc.

I passed on buying a used one for $50 several years ago, then bought an even nicer used one for $36.

Medicare buys new ones for invalids when the patient gets a prescription from an MD saying one is needed, at a cost from $1200 to $2800.

The workmanship on the medical ones seems better to my eye than the typical engine hoist.
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/28/20 01:38 PM

mine hoisted the car up over the engine/tranny/k member for install . . .

Attached picture IMG-20120829-00255.jpg
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/28/20 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
Originally Posted by Bad340fish

laugh2

I did that for my neighbors back when i had my dually. They were trying with their Toyota pickup and it wouldn't budge. 7000#, 510ft/lb of torque, and 4wd made me not even notice the pull. biggrin

My neighbor rutted up his yard real bad trying to pull some bushes out with his 2wd F150. He did about half and asked me to come down with my Jeep which made quick work of it with no further destruction.
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/28/20 02:50 PM

Me too! up

Attached picture RR5.JPG
Posted By: A12

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/28/20 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by a12rag
mine hoisted the car up over the engine/tranny/k member for install . . .

Can use an engine hoist using the same idea to change mower deck blades
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/28/20 05:06 PM

the key to using your truck to pull bushes/fenceposts etc is a tire and rim. Yanked all the sage brush out in one afternoon around my place and it's a lot easier to move my truck around the yard than a hoist.

Posted By: poorboy

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/29/20 12:34 AM

I use my engine hoist to lift truck cabs and truck boxes off the frames, as well as to lift motors.
Posted By: 2Bad360sfromNC

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 09/29/20 01:25 AM

I've used mine along with some ratchet straps fashioned into a sling to hold doors while I change the hinge pins.

I have a picture somewhere but can't find it yet...
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Portable engine hoist uses... - 10/01/20 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by A12

Can use an engine hoist using the same idea to change mower deck blades

Did that a lot. up

Originally Posted by 2Bad360sfromNC

I've used mine along with some ratchet straps fashioned into a sling to hold doors while I change the hinge pins.

I have a picture somewhere but can't find it yet...

I was thinking of trying that when I do the Charger hinges. smile

I used mine to lift the bed off the Dakota when I put in the new fuel pump. wink

Tim
© 2024 Moparts Forums