Moparts

Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled

Posted By: Devil

Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/15/20 04:37 PM

Just a heads up. They just cancelled both events. See ya in 2021!
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/15/20 06:32 PM

Darn, I was looking forward to the Power Tour being in Iowa the same time the World Series of Drag Racing was at Cordova and the CMC show in Dubuque. I suppose those will be cancelled next... mad
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/15/20 06:44 PM

I want to go to a car show soo bad. All the events I normally would go to out here are all canceled til further notice. Fall Fling and SEMA are the only ones left, and those are not looking so good right now. frown
Posted By: Devil

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/15/20 07:39 PM

MCACN is still on track!
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/15/20 08:36 PM

Oh by all means! Let's keep hiding under our beds!
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/16/20 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by migsBIG
I want to go to a car show soo bad. All the events I normally would go to out here are all canceled til further notice. Fall Fling and SEMA are the only ones left, and those are not looking so good right now. frown

Hopefully Fall Flingbut with that LA mayor who knows
Posted By: jcc

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/16/20 04:41 PM

Looking like winter will arrive early this year on Moparts.
When this finally ends, going to be a lot of nice cars just finished worth looking at, trying to see the light at the end of tunnel, or am I being to upbeat? grin
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/16/20 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
When this finally ends, going to be a lot of nice cars just finished worth looking at, trying to see the light at the end of tunnel, or am I being to upbeat? grin

We are racing like crazy around here. Two 10,000.000 races last weekend, three 15,000.00 dollar and one 5000.00 race next weekend, two weeks later a 10,000.00 race and two 5000.00 races, and a week after that three 20,000.00 races and a big money gamblers race. Glad I don’t gamble on one race week a year.

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/16/20 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Originally Posted by jcc

We are racing like crazy around here. Two 10,000.000 races last weekend, three 15,000.00 dollar and one 5000.00 race next weekend, two weeks later a 10,000.00 race and two 5000.00 races, and a week after that three 20,000.00 races and a big money gamblers race. Glad I don’t gamble on one race week a year.

Interesting, but the "fans" pay the bills, what about the grandstands?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/16/20 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by jcc

Bracket racing is boring to watch unless you are really into it so it’s mostly Family. Last weekend we probably had over 300 entries in the no box and box class. Three races totaling 20,000.00 first place winnings. 300.00 entry fee. My three 20,000.00 races coming up next month are 495.00 pre entry and sells out.
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/16/20 06:36 PM

Racing here, too: LODRS Div. 3 race at NTR this week that flows right into the JEGS SportsNationals. Racing Thursday - Sunday. Not the sort of event that depends heavily on spectator attendance to be successful.

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/16/20 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by jcc

Bracket racing is boring to watch unless you are really into it so it’s mostly Family. Last weekend we probably had over 300 entries in the no box and box class. Three races totaling 20,000.00 first place winnings. 300.00 entry fee. My three 20,000.00 races coming up next month are 495.00 pre entry and sells out.

$300x300 =$90K and pays $20K? Fans are the profit?
Posted By: volaredon

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour & Drag Week Cancelled - 07/19/20 03:05 PM

yup and I had gotten the week off for vacation time, OK'd just 3 days before the notice.... the INDY swap remains the only car or tractor related event I have been able to go to this year.... was looking forward to it, haven't been on PT since 2010, and being almost all basically in the Midwest too this time... so what will the route be next year? What it was supposed to be this year? I cant be the only one getting disgusted and fed up, with everything being cancelled that I want to do this year....
something has to give.
© 2024 Moparts Forums