Moparts

Remains of July 4th fireworks on my roof. Can someone ID?

Posted By: David1971

Remains of July 4th fireworks on my roof. Can someone ID? - 07/12/20 11:29 PM

The night of July 4th while sitting in my den, my next door neighbor began setting off fireworks. At one point, I heard a thud on the roof. I forgot about it until this Saturday...when I was on the roof cleaning the gutters. I found what I believe to be the source of the thud. The first and second image is the actual object. It feels a little like brick mortar, but not as heavy. The third picture, I downloaded off of the web. It too shows a similar object. Since this picture is from the UK, I assume that this remnant is from a common type of fireworks.

I haven't touch this stuff since I was a kid. Can someone ID this remnant, and should it have gotten airborne?

Thanks,
David

Attached picture 012.JPG
Attached picture 014.JPG
Attached picture image1-1JPG - Copy.jpg
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Remains of July 4th fireworks on my roof. Can someone ID? - 07/13/20 12:11 AM

Can you dump everything on the hood , or better yet , the front seat of your neighbors favorite car

Then when he knocks on your door , you can ask him

I have the same issue where I live - My Siberian Huskies are half way to China by now
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Remains of July 4th fireworks on my roof. Can someone ID? - 07/13/20 12:20 PM

Its a simple harmless plug, although they should of been more considerate if nothing burnt your roof your good.

I got a neighbor Im not thrilled of but its not worth making an enemy for life over minor things over.

Move on, good luck.
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Remains of July 4th fireworks on my roof. Can someone ID? - 07/13/20 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
Its a simple harmless plug, although they should of been more considerate if nothing burnt your roof YOU'RE good.

I got a neighbor Im not thrilled of but its not worth making an enemy for life over minor things over.

Move on, good luck.

Fixed it for you.
Posted By: wingman

Re: Remains of July 4th fireworks on my roof. Can someone ID? - 07/13/20 01:02 PM

Some fireworks have a clay plug to separate the "lift" charge from the "burst" charge. Usually they disintegrate when the "burst" happens, but not always. Looks like that might be your mystery "thud".
© 2024 Moparts Forums