Moparts

Accident - F350 on top of Cobra

Posted By: 71TA

Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/20/20 11:00 PM

Wife ran up to the local Home Depot and texted me these pictures. Said the skinny guy in the picture, the driver of the Cobra, said he laid down as the F350 drove on top of him. Wife said he was fine except for a small cut on his arm. This is in a 35mph area at an intersection.

Attached picture IMG_1142.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_1143.jpeg
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/20/20 11:31 PM

Woa!!!
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/20/20 11:44 PM

That's another one on those accidents that make you say " How the F did they do that?". Saw a full sized C10 Chevy van on its side in the middle of a laser straight six lane road the other day. Little to no traffic, speed limit was 45, and the nearest intersection was a 1/2 mile away. shruggy
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 12:55 AM

So that's what they must mean when they say an accident was "a pile up".... smile or in this case of a Ford on top of a Ford, it must be a "pile" on top of a "pile"... smile
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 01:54 AM

Hope the truck used a condom.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 02:19 AM

Is the third car a Ferd too? I can't tell the difference anymore with four door sedans... shruggy

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 03:19 AM

I wonder if the trailer had alot of weight in it and was a factor, looks like a BRICK company truck.

Looks like the trailer tounge weight has the frame tweaked low in the back???
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 03:38 AM

Click-bait: as much as I admire Fords, this is not actually a Cobra is it? down

THIS is a Cobra:

Attached picture 427_Cobra.jpg
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 03:53 AM

There's another reason why you shouldn't put 4 point harnesses in a street car. Would have been pretty bad had he not been able to lay over.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
There's another reason why you shouldn't put 4 point harnesses in a street car. Would have been pretty bad had he not been able to lay over.
I disagree, if you have a 4 point harness in the car it normally is installed along with a roll bar also, correct?
The roll bar may have kept the roof of that Mustang above the drivers head, if everything was installed correctly with the fictitious harness and roll bar work
I'm glad he is alive and walking and talking about the accident up

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 06:23 AM

Trucks an 8000 pound plow with the trailer pushing it, would a street hoop of held up?
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
Trucks an 8000 pound plow with the trailer pushing it, would a street hoop of held up?

Never.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger

Never.

And even with a hoop I'd still want to get out of the way if I saw something coming at my head.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 01:42 PM

Ford on Ford hate needs to stop.
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 02:00 PM

A "real" Cobra would have done worse.

I asked the wife how he got out. She said it was a convertible. He got out through the BACK SEAT!
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 03:15 PM

That Mustang driver will be having flashbacks for the rest of his life. Every time a big truck comes the other way he'll flinch. I bet he never drives a convertible again.
Posted By: RobG

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 05:03 PM

The Mustang driver said he felt like he got hit by a ton of bricks.

He only had a cut on his arm.

Trailer was full of brick pavers.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/21/20 07:07 PM

My guess is ran a red light or distracted driver, but doesn't seem to be a red light issue.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Accident - F350 on top of Cobra - 06/22/20 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by 5thAve
Originally Posted by not_a_charger

Never.

And even with a hoop I'd still want to get out of the way if I saw something coming at my head.

A street hoop would have held up as well as the soft top of the convert did, except then he would have had mangled street hoop bars to duct around as well.
i'd say he was pretty lucky he got out of there alive. It must not have been his day to die. I sure hope the guy does something useful with his saved life. Gene
© 2024 Moparts Forums