Moparts

another insurance credit

Posted By: second 70

another insurance credit - 06/10/20 02:25 PM

Got a letter from my insurance company and after having already giving me a $50 per car rebate due to the covid now they're giving me a another 10% credit on top of it.
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: another insurance credit - 06/10/20 02:36 PM

No such luck with my insurance companies. frown
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: another insurance credit - 06/10/20 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by FM3AAR
No such luck with my insurance companies. frown

Same here!
Posted By: burdar

Re: another insurance credit - 06/10/20 04:34 PM

Me either. Never saw a rebate.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: another insurance credit - 06/10/20 04:58 PM

I GOT 10 BUCKS
Posted By: wingman

Re: another insurance credit - 06/10/20 05:01 PM

If I didn't get one from my company, I'd call up and ask for one/complain. You might be surprised what they will do for you--especially if they think you might switch. Can't hurt to ask.

Miles driven is way down due to stay-at-home orders. Consequently accident claims are way down. All the insurance companies are making profits hand-over-fist right now. The smart ones are giving a little of it back to keep their customers from jumping ship. The other companies are just putting it in their pocket.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: another insurance credit - 06/10/20 05:11 PM

I got a 20% credit from Progressive for April and May. Don't know if they will give anymore.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: another insurance credit - 06/10/20 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
I got a 20% credit from Progressive for April and May. Don't know if they will give anymore.

There's been no mention of it, no. Miles driven are increasing, accident frequency is rising. Oddly enough, accident severity never really went down.

Re: another insurance credit - 06/10/20 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by wingman
If I didn't get one from my company, I'd call up and ask for one/complain. You might be surprised what they will do for you--especially if they think you might switch. Can't hurt to ask.

Miles driven is way down due to stay-at-home orders. Consequently accident claims are way down. All the insurance companies are making profits hand-over-fist right now. The smart ones are giving a little of it back to keep their customers from jumping ship. The other companies are just putting it in their pocket.

100% this.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: another insurance credit - 06/11/20 12:35 AM

I got a small reduction from Farmers on my May bill, a decent reduction on my June bill, and another small reduction on the July bill. I think it added up to probably somewhere around $60 total, without looking. My auto insurance renews in Aug, I expect they will make it back up.
No reduction from Hagerty, which I expected would be the case. Gene
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: another insurance credit - 06/11/20 02:36 AM

Nothing yet. State Farm told me I would see a rebate at the time of renewal. shruggy
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: another insurance credit - 06/11/20 02:38 AM

I haven't seen anything from State Farm except that they didn't continously call everyday for days on end after it was due. I finally got my first new unemployment check and paid the bill, but still haven't heard squat from them... shruggy
Posted By: StukaJU87

Re: another insurance credit - 06/11/20 06:39 AM

NJM sent me a rebate check for $55. I only have 1 car (my daily driver) insured with them.
Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL

Re: another insurance credit - 06/11/20 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I haven't seen anything from State Farm except that they didn't continously call everyday for days on end after it was due. I finally got my first new unemployment check and paid the bill, but still haven't heard squat from them... shruggy

I haven't heard anything either and I have 6 vehicles insured with them. Costs me about a grand a month. Must have spent it on the lying tv commercials about how they were giving back.....

Re: another insurance credit - 06/11/20 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by PLATINUM6BBL
Originally Posted by Rhinodart

I haven't heard anything either and I have 6 vehicles insured with them. Costs me about a grand a month. Must have spent it on the lying tv commercials about how they were giving back.....

They weren't lying. They're just a poorly run, horribly inefficient company. You'll get your $$.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: another insurance credit - 06/11/20 12:25 PM

Got $48 on my Liberty insurance.....then they raised the rate the next month at renewal time.
Posted By: MONC

Re: another insurance credit - 06/11/20 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by basketcase
Got $48 on my Liberty insurance.....then they raised the rate the next month at renewal time.

Now THIS sounds like an insurance company.
I ended up leaving LIBERTY after 25 years because of their tactics and pricing
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: another insurance credit - 06/12/20 03:01 AM

I also got a letter today telling us we are getting an additional 10% refund(credit). So for us we received $50/policy previously(4 cars=$200) and now should be an additional $100(10% on $1000) across those 4 policies. I'm good with it because I know I pay too much for insurance but our agent and the company has always taken care of us without question. I have a total of 11 policies with them.
Posted By: TJP

Re: another insurance credit - 06/13/20 12:17 AM

American family has given us 50.00 each on the 4 policy's but thats it so far. Oh I almost forgot the tube of warming KY whistling laugh2
Posted By: 6PAX

Re: another insurance credit - 06/13/20 12:52 AM

I've received a whopping $14 for each month of April & May for our two vehicles that have full coverage on them. I probably haven't driven my truck more than 30 miles total for those two months.
Posted By: second 70

Re: another insurance credit - 06/13/20 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
American family has given us 50.00 each on the 4 policy's but thats it so far. Oh I almost forgot the tube of warming KY whistling laugh2

American family is who I have also and got the $50 for the 3 cars. Then they just added the 10% extra for the next 6 months. You might still get a notice or it could because Il. was shut down longer than NE.????
Posted By: dOoC

Re: another insurance credit - 06/13/20 03:18 PM

Geico is giving me back about 120$ in a 6 month policy on a 20 Scat Pack Charger
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: another insurance credit - 06/14/20 01:44 PM

I just got my monthly billing statement from State Farm and it looks like my charge is back to where it was pre Chinese bat virus. The reduction was nice for the 2 months I got it, I might have saved enough to buy a pizza, or maybe even a pizza and 12 pack of beer. beer
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: another insurance credit - 06/15/20 12:51 AM

State Farm wanted to get on media for free in the middle of everything. They were quick so declare a big discount. Never saw anything. Contacted agent weeks ago and was told it would be this summer. They’ve not had any issues getting me billed at regular rates for some reason though.

So when All state yet again sent a letter wanting my business, I called. Too bad for them they had sent a nice teaser rate. Too nice, so when they were basically the same price as State Farm, I stayed.

Not sure which of these bs tactics i hate more.
© 2024 Moparts Forums