Moparts

Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba

Posted By: DaveRS23

Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 01:57 PM

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/h...onuses-days-before-declaring-bankruptcy/
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 02:10 PM

Maybe they are just transitioning to greatness. eyes
Posted By: topside

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 02:37 PM

Took their "golden parachute" while they still could, and to hell with the business and the rest of the employees.

Seems they should have had a better business plan as the rental car business evolved, instead of accruing debt.
On the other hand, I'm sure the loss of airport traffic from this virus is huge.
It'll be interesting to see how they restructure and what happens to their fleet.
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 02:49 PM

Course screw the employees that do the work !! . . . amazing that upper management think the jobs that THEY do are more important than the actual feet on the street ! Often wonder about the "bloat" of management . . .
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 03:08 PM

It's a terrible company. I deal with them every day.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 03:32 PM

I wonder how much OJ got whistling Wasn't he a shareholder in the company ? shruggy

Gus beer
Posted By: kidmopar

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 03:44 PM

SAME THING JC Penny's did .............. mad
Posted By: jcc

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 04:23 PM

Makes one wonder if this was a "convenient" accidental insurance fire only miles from the Hertz headquarters weeks before filing bankruptcy to fill the bank coffers.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/05/us/airport-fires-cars-trnd/index.html
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by kidmopar
SAME THING JC Penny's did .............. mad

Pretty much what every business does when the ship is going down, management "man's the life boats" first, anything if left over, is fodder for the crew....
Posted By: HoosierTA

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 05:55 PM

Hostess pulled the same stunt before they restructured to kill the labor union there. After a few months members here posted their happiness that they could get their new and improved scab Twinkies.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 06:15 PM

new normal
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 06:43 PM

new normal
yep, its now ok to be a criminal up front and in your face
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 08:35 PM

It looks bad but in a lot of situations it is what they have to do to meet their other obligations. If it was criminal the courts would rule against it but they don't. Most of the time the creditors aren't able to claw back any of those bonuses since they are typically paid out according to an established bonus plan. They also pay out big retention bonuses to keep people on the job during the bankruptcy and stuff like that. There is a lot of money to be made during a bankruptcy if you're on the right side of the table. Icahn is the guy getting creamed in this deal. Looks like he might lose his $1.5B investment in the company.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/27/20 08:58 PM

Boy, the 1% just can't get a break, first the Pandemic, now this! bawling bawling
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/28/20 09:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkd1Ei2kNDE&t=0s
Posted By: BeEtLeJuIcE !

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/28/20 10:25 AM

Doesn’t this bankruptcy have to be court approved ?

The court would condone such actions?
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/28/20 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff

Thank you for that. He does a good (albeit goofy) job at explaining the Hertz thing. And I think I will watch some more of his videos when I get time.
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/28/20 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by topside

On the other hand, I'm sure the loss of airport traffic from this virus is huge.

Business at the independent Avis location I service is down at least 80%, he is on the fence about remaining frown
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/28/20 02:49 PM

One of the local Enterprise locations, the best one to use, recently closed down due to C19.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Hertz Paid $16.2 Million In Bonuses Days Before Declaring Ba - 05/28/20 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
Boy, the 1% just can't get a break, first the Pandemic, now this! bawling bawling

Yup those poor poor 1%'rs..they have it so rough......... shake_head
© 2024 Moparts Forums