It’s That Time of the year

Posted By: dart4forte

It’s That Time of the year - 05/10/20 04:24 AM

Local ladies out for their morning walk when they ran into this guy

Attached picture D1F908C0-E6DA-4DA1-9B10-CBCB70F1B91A.jpeg
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: It’s That Time of the year - 05/10/20 04:39 AM

Directions
Cut the rattlesnake into 4-inch pieces. Combine the salt, peppers, garlic powder, onion powder, flour, and cornstarch in a medium bowl and set aside. Soak the rattlesnake in the buttermilk for 30 minutes to an hour.

Heat 2 inches of oil in a medium pan until it reaches 375 degrees F. Then dredge the rattlesnake pieces in the flour. Cook the rattlesnake in the oil in batches to not overcrowd the pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the pieces are golden brown. Serve.
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: It’s That Time of the year - 05/10/20 05:21 AM

They are VERY active this spring. I have already run across 4 or 5. Be careful. Watch the ground. twocents

Re: It’s That Time of the year - 05/10/20 05:33 AM

[quote=Ramrod39]They are VERY active this spring. I have already run across 4 or 5. Be careful. Watch the ground. twocents [/quote

Yep]
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: It’s That Time of the year - 05/10/20 01:14 PM

Get them a pet Mongoose to take on walks with them.

Re: It’s That Time of the year - 05/10/20 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ramrod39
They are VERY active this spring. I have already run across 4 or 5. Be careful. Watch the ground. twocents

We’ve had 39 snakebites so far this year, most on the east side of Mesa. The gov shut down the hiking trails in the Camelback so all the city dwellers are hiking here. Couple that with more snakes, warmer weather earlier which makes them a little more aggressive there’s more encounters. There’s a new anti venom being used. Lessens the swelling and pain. There was a kid hiking with his parents up north bitten twice in the leg by a Western. They gave him the new drug. I guess he went home after two days in the hospital.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: It’s That Time of the year - 05/10/20 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by FM3AAR
Directions
Cut the rattlesnake into 4-inch pieces. Combine the salt, peppers, garlic powder, onion powder, flour, and cornstarch in a medium bowl and set aside. Soak the rattlesnake in the buttermilk for 30 minutes to an hour.

Heat 2 inches of oil in a medium pan until it reaches 375 degrees F. Then dredge the rattlesnake pieces in the flour. Cook the rattlesnake in the oil in batches to not overcrowd the pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the pieces are golden brown. Serve.

Skin it first?
© 2024 Moparts Forums