Moparts

Infolinks Punching Through Again!

Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/05/20 09:40 PM

Getting pretty aggressive now - it has morphed into a very persistent pop-up & finding it's way around my ad blocker. Another example of people outsmarting themselves! This is VERY annoying!
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/05/20 09:48 PM

No issues here yet.
Posted By: David1971

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/05/20 09:51 PM

I use my Compaq Notebook for accessing our forums. Infolinks was driving me bananas. Until I installed AdGuard AdBlocker. It is a free extension for my Firefox browser. No more Infolinks pop-ups!

It is still working like a champ.

David
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/05/20 09:52 PM

i have adblock plus and ublock origin, run firefox.
i have never seen a infolink anything and have never gotten a popup ad here.

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/05/20 09:58 PM

I also run FireFox browser, & have Adblock Plus & was not getting the popup for a couple of months now, but it's back with a vengeance on my desktop.

Guess what? I still have never used Infolinks & never will!
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/05/20 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Getting pretty aggressive now - it has morphed into a very persistent pop-up & finding it's way around my ad blocker. Another example of people outsmarting themselves! This is VERY annoying!

Come on SunnyRuff ...THIMK pOsItIvE ..... all that data is VERY informative! up
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/05/20 11:21 PM

Still using Firefox with uBlock orginal. No pop ups and nothing but the ad's at the top and bottom. uBlock has caught 8 on this page.

See below

Attached picture uBlock.jpg
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/06/20 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
I also run FireFox browser, & have Adblock Plus & was not getting the popup for a couple of months now, but it's back with a vengeance on my desktop.

Guess what? I still have never used Infolinks & never will!

Make sure your Adblock Plus is still on. I run it in Chrome on Linux but a couple times I started seeing ads(on other sites) that I wasn't used to and realized Adblock was turned off. I didn't turn it off.....something else did. Check in your add-ons/extensions that it's on and you have the latest version.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/06/20 02:14 PM

still seeing nothing here using firefox and adblock plus.
the only thing i see occasionally is a flash of the blue check mark. it's not there but for only a second, so i have never seen what it says.
beer
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/06/20 03:03 PM

I never see it on my PC laptop but the Android phone was driving me nuts. I installed a Ghostery browser and occasionally the Infolinks will pop up but if you close the popup, it never pops again unless you close the browser and even then it only pops occasionally.

Kevin
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/06/20 05:31 PM

ABP goes crazy on this site. I can see the stuff being caught.

Can't hardly look at a news site or newspaper article without them demanding you allow ads or subscribe. I don't even watch network TV or listen to terrestrial radio. Can't take the constant harassment and shakedown. When "Jerry" from Mumbai calls me on a spoofed local number about my credit card, electric bill or car warranty, I usually try to ruin his day for bothering me.
Posted By: volaredon

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/06/20 05:47 PM

We (damnit another Infolink just popped up in my way of typing this reply) see what we mean? the user of a forum shouldn't have to look for an app to keep popups from interfering with use of said site. Popups shouldn't be there in the first place.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/06/20 07:07 PM

This site costs money to run and info links helps pay for it. Get adblock and quit gripeing. It takes more time to post a complaint about the ads then it does to download the app to stop them.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/06/20 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by stumpy
This site costs money to run and info links helps pay for it. Get adblock and quit gripeing. It takes more time to post a complaint about the ads then it does to download the app to stop them.

1) This is a car website. Advertising about car stuff is fine. I actually look at them, AT MY CONVENIENCE.

2) Advertisements for unrelated stuff that is crap at best and scams at their worst, jumping in front of my face and forcing me to deal with them, like a little dog grabbing my ankle while I'm trying to take a walk, are a PIA.

Here's a pro tip. If you advertise like that, I guarantee I will not buy anything from you, even if I am in need of it sometime.
Posted By: 70Challengerse

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/06/20 08:03 PM

yahoo is pushing it also, every time I long in to mail it wants me turn my ad blocker off, or pay a fee.... or go back to a basic set-up that suks... down

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/06/20 08:20 PM

I understand about the cost of running a site, but rest of your answer is wrong Mr. Stump. Like I said already, I have AdBlock Plus & it's still getting through.

And like other posters are saying, there are more & more (mostly news) sites where you have to disable your ad blocker or pay a fee to view a story. Sorry, not going to happen with me. There are usually other sites to view the same story that don't attempt to extort from you. Internet is supposed to be free, & free of CRAP. If I want to see crap ads, all I need to do is watch TV & all the lame-ass commercials!
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/06/20 08:49 PM

Why do you think the internet is supposed to be free? Web sites take work to create and maintain and I bet you don't work for free so why should those who deal with web sites? I have adblock plus and never get info links. shruggy
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/06/20 09:29 PM

You may have a computer virus and the adblock is being turned off or disabled.
Posted By: Runner2go

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/06/20 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
You may have a computer virus and the adblock is being turned off or disabled.

iagree sounds like it...
or some website he visits has figured out how to do it. (acting like a virus, only not downloaded)
Posted By: Greenwood

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/09/20 05:46 AM

It's not terribly intrusive on my PC, but on my iPad, it just about makes the site unusable. I can stand ten minutes, and then I'm done.
Posted By: johntpr

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/09/20 01:28 PM

It just amazes me that the infolinks saga just continues. It just drives people away and makes the site almost unusable. Tom...it is time to get rid of it for good.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/09/20 03:05 PM

Infostinks is killing this site,it will be the deathnail in it's coffin!
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/09/20 03:07 PM

Why do you think the internet is supposed to be free? Web sites take work to create and maintain and I bet you don't work for free so why should those who deal with web sites? I have adblock plus and never get info links. shruggy

Correct !

You can say download adblock plus but some guys just never get it .I've had it for years and if I hadn't started reading the infolinks thread I wouldn't have even known what infolinks was ! shruggy
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/09/20 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by 62maxwgn

Correct !

You can say download adblock plus but some guys just never get it .I've had it for years and if I hadn't started reading the infolinks thread I wouldn't have even known what infolinks was ! shruggy

If they had adblock plus, they'd have one less thing to bit-ch about. That's the big reason they don't have it.

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/10/20 01:57 AM

If they had adblock plus, they'd have one less thing to bit-ch about. That's the big reason they don't have it. [/quote]

Uh - yeah - that's it!
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Infolinks Punching Through Again! - 05/11/20 03:54 AM

I found another new browser that works both on the PC and the Android phone. Info stinks doesn't exist when using this browser. It's called Brave and it's free. Another nice thing about it is that unlike with chrome, every web page can be zoomed in on with the finger pinch/spread. I recommend it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums