George Carlin - Fear of Germs

Posted By: theraif

George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/11/20 06:47 PM

Posted By: wingman

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/11/20 07:07 PM

grin
Posted By: topside

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/11/20 08:32 PM

Love that Carlin "gloves-off" humor - reminds me of most every mentor I've ever had... laugh2
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/11/20 09:31 PM

Carlin was a cut above the rest..funny stuff laugh2
Posted By: jcc

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/11/20 10:20 PM

I have been lucky enough over a number of decades to work with a number of high caliber comedians. At the top of my list has always been George and Robin Williams.

I have worked with George a number of times, and one of the first shows I did, was in a horrible acoustics 4500 seat indoor dome. I was the sound engineer, and I barely got thru show under control. As a comedian, all by yourself, with a single mic, onstage, sound is everything, as every single word is crucial to the routine.

Most other performers would have dropped the mic and walked off.

George did not, and stuck with me thru the show. I learned a valuable lesson, and he earned a lifetime of respect from me.

PS. mics have got to be the most germ infected item on the planet, just don't tell the performers.

Posted By: Sixpak

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/11/20 11:10 PM

Man, do we ever need Carlin, especially in this day and age. I miss his insight, wit, and take no prisoners attitude. Many a truth said in jest, and he told it like it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YawTvnyoqbU

'The planet is fine...the people are......' he puts it into perspective, and tells a mean fortune...
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/11/20 11:27 PM

Saw him at Bally's in Vegas in the late 80's, my wife hadn't seen him yet and she was W T F?!? I wish I would have seen him a few more times... up
Posted By: dOoC

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/12/20 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Carlin was a cut above the rest..funny stuff laugh2

Way more than a cut ! ... up
Posted By: moparx

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/12/20 04:27 PM

he sure had a way with [the] "words" ! devil
a great guy indeed that, unfortunately, isn't around today.
beer
Posted By: Neil

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/12/20 08:08 PM

"Researchers estimate that the non-human microorganisms in and on a human body outnumber the human cells by a factor of 10. More facts about non-human cells : Although more than 3 million types of microbes are thought to exist, fewer than 8,000 have been described".

Many of the cooties that can get you are already inside you. Your immune system can rise and fall depending on what it's subjected to and that allows the cooties to do you harm.

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/13/20 02:05 PM

The analogy I heard was, numerically there are more bacterial in the average person belly button then there are people on the planet.

Meaning to me, evidently ALL bacteria is not harmful, would love to use that same analogy elsewhere on a hot topic we are not allowed to discuss here.

Btw, I applied for Social Security this month. biggrin
Posted By: therocks

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/13/20 04:42 PM

Where is Howard Huges when we need him He could instruct all of thepeople what to do to be germ free.There has been lots worse than this and never as much fear.Rocky

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/13/20 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by therocks
Where is Howard Huges when we need him He could instruct all of thepeople what to do to be germ free.There has been lots worse than this and never as much fear.Rocky

You mean this trunk mounted unit? eyes

https://barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/HOWARD-HUGHES-1954-CHRYSLER-NEW-YORKER--238145
Posted By: topside

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/13/20 05:07 PM

The time to run that Chrysler and his old Buick through an auction is now ! laugh2

Re: George Carlin - Fear of Germs - 03/14/20 01:43 AM

So today there was WH press conference with a number highers ups and CEO's regarding announcement of National Emergency, and plans to mitigate COVID-19.

Anyone over the age of six knows even handshakes, and all other body contact should be currently avoided, to minimize airborne COVID-19 virus spreading.

Most approached the podium and spoke to press today on camera.

It is also known some of those present today were recently in close proximity to others who have been tested recently and confirmed infected with COVID-19.

Many shook hands, except for one elbow bump.

It may not be common knowledge, but when participating in important public speaking, its common for spittle to be ejected by the speaker, enough to physically wet the mic/windscreen.

Nearly everyone speaking today with their bare hands, adjusted the single microphone while speaking.

If anyone of them is infected, there is with good possibility, all are now infected, if COVID is as contagious as reported.

If nothing else, this was rather stupid behavior.

We'll see.

PS I watched 90% of the press conference of what was broadcast on my channel.

© 2024 Moparts Forums