Moparts

Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar...

Posted By: rrbrucea

Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 05:23 PM

But I'm pretty happy with how this one has turned out. More hours than I can count in this one.

Enjoy!

Attached picture CamaroIllustration_2020.jpg
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 05:44 PM

That’s a painting? Drawing?
You are insanely talented. Well done.

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
That’s a painting? Drawing?
You are insanely talented. Well done.

Thank you! It's a rendering done in Adobe Illustrator. Here's a different way to look at it--the outlines of all the myriad of shapes involved in the art. The Camaro Z/28 emblems in the background are PhotoShop elements and just show up as a box.

Attached picture Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 12.44.57 PM.png
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 06:27 PM

Nicely done. thumbs
Posted By: theraif

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 07:19 PM

up
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 07:22 PM

Cool
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 07:29 PM

Awesome! Those used to be all over here, barely see the 2nd gens anymore

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 07:59 PM

Thanks y'all!

Isn't it funny how back in the day I can recall busting on the "big bumper" Camaros mercilessly, but now they don't look all that bad.

The vibrant color on this one helps! up
Posted By: BSharp

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 08:11 PM

Be careful. If you get any better at this, no one will believe they're not photographs.

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by BSharp
Be careful. If you get any better at this, no one will believe they're not photographs.

laugh2 Thanks! It's funny, I have one good buddy who looks at this art and says, "I don't get this kind of art, why not just take a picture?" Can't say he's totally wrong! At least the reference photos for this project weren't shot on a blue background.
Posted By: topside

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 10:15 PM

Nice work - really like the lighting and the attention paid to how it hits the car.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 10:23 PM

Very nice indeed! BUT, I gotta be the one with a nit-pic question: did you tuck the front bumper or was your reference that way? I'm used to seeing them sticking out a bit......... scope shruggy

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/07/20 11:41 PM

I'm not going to knock it, you really are a very talented artist. The rendering is awesome. The subject...well, not so much. But I can't say much, we all have bills to pay and I spend my days working on Hyundais... so there is that. laugh2
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/08/20 12:08 AM

Those were the last real Z28s they came back out in 1977,but they were smogged out pigs.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/08/20 01:28 AM

That's a 1974 camaro, I hate to say I had I had one back in 75. Midnight blue

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/08/20 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

Very nice indeed! BUT, I gotta be the one with a nit-pic question: did you tuck the front bumper or was your reference that way? I'm used to seeing them sticking out a bit......... scope shruggy

[Linked Image]

Nah, I didn't tuck the bumper in, that was done by the owner. I just rendered what I saw... and yep, it's a '74.

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/08/20 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
I'm not going to knock it, you really are a very talented artist. The rendering is awesome. The subject...well, not so much. But I can't say much, we all have bills to pay and I spend my days working on Hyundais... so there is that. laugh2

My art is overwhelmingly Mopar, but I don't turn down customers based on what they want me to draw. Yep, it all helps pay the bills.

I may have posted this one before, but the best paying deal I've ever had doing this automotive art was this one I did for Gumout in conjunction with their "Think With Your Motorhead" campaign. Of all things, they printed this on a beach towel.

Attached picture 1186679_10201440521477383_1228530294_n.jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/08/20 02:46 AM

Yes, '74 was the only year for the aluminum battering rams and original/small back glass; in '75 it wrapped down further on the quarters.
Had a '73 Z28, and that year it was already detuned from the '71 - '72 era, which was detuned from the 70 1/2.
Nevertheless, it was a fun car.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Okay, so it's definitely NOT a Mopar... - 03/08/20 04:10 PM

you are definitely one talented individual ! bow
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums