Moparts

Virus and Parts

Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Virus and Parts - 03/01/20 10:53 PM

Im just looking on ebay for a part I could use and its dead center washington state.

Would you buy a item from there thats gonna be in your hands in 3-4 days?

Im sorta thinking NO.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/01/20 11:03 PM

I don't see why not. The virus shouldn't last that long away from the source and even then you just need to wash it off. The whole state isn't infected.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/01/20 11:07 PM

There’s some real nasty chit in Washington...,especially around Kirkland ! eek smoke
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/01/20 11:11 PM

I’m in the center of Washington State. For 25 years I lived in Kirkland. My girl was born in the hospital where the guy just died (Evergreen).

I think you are seriously overreacting. Hell, three days ago I just got an ammeter from China (eBay) and I didn’t think twice.
Posted By: topside

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/01/20 11:13 PM

I hadn't thought of that until seeing this thread, but:
1. As stated, 3-4 days may be longer than the virus lives.
2. Un-box & wash the part while wearing gloves.

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/01/20 11:26 PM

Item location:
98844, United States

Ummm, let me rephrase.

Lungs youd not wish on anyone and PAD (Hardening of the arteries as us older people know it) in a very bad way. Would you do it?

Im the posterboy for this dang virus.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/01/20 11:42 PM

I got an ongoing dispute regarding a "damaged" item, it was posted here back in January. The buyer (in China?) is obviously unsatisfied. I'm not sure if he returned the item now for inspection, in order to file an insurance claim, I would accept/open it.

To the OP, I'd say no, let someone else be the guinea pig

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/01/20 11:43 PM

potHead .. if you have major physical issues.... BE CAREFUL....
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 02:46 AM

What about ANYTHING that comes out of that state? Where do you draw the line?

I saw somewhere where a person was wondering about CASH coming from that state.

nervous

fan
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 03:18 AM

Virus schmirus...
pity

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
Item location:
98844, United States

Ummm, let me rephrase.

Lungs youd not wish on anyone and PAD (Hardening of the arteries as us older people know it) in a very bad way. Would you do it?

Im the posterboy for this dang virus.

98844 is Oroville. WAY up on the Canadian border. Extremely rural, unpopulated. WAY off the beaten path. No concern.
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 04:35 AM

Getting anything in the mail should be OK. But.....

If at all worried then take some precautions.
1. Mix 1/4 cup of household bleach in a quart of water.
2. Wear a N-95 rated dust mask when opening the package. Blue 'Smurff' gloves too.
3. Using paper towels, being careful not to cross contaminate . Use a fresh towel and never redip a used towel in the bleach. DAMP wipe the package down and then all the items inside the package. Use caution as bleach can ruin many items. Wipe down the surrounding areas and your hands with clean bleached towels.
4. Wipe the bleached items with clear water.

EDITED: Removed Kirkland references.

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dave_J
Go to Costco and look at all the store brands. KIRKLAND.

Yepper, same city.

2. Wear a N-95 rated dust mask when opening the package. Blue 'Smurff' gloves too.
3. Using paper towels, being careful not to cross contaminate . Use a fresh towel and never redip a used towel in the bleach. DAMP wipe the package down and then all the items inside the package. Use caution as bleach can ruin many items. Wipe down the surrounding areas and your hands with clean bleached towels.

So you are insinuating that “Kirkland Signature” items carry an elevated risk for the general public? Please explain.
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 05:19 AM

Load parts into big box with ozone generator. close lid and zap. enjoy.
Posted By: Montclaire

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 05:22 AM

Its all hype, I wouldn't give it a second thought. If it really bothers you, use Lysol - it lists corona virus on the back of the damn can - and has for years!

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda

Yepper, same city.

So you are insinuating that “Kirkland Signature” items carry an elevated risk for the general public? Please explain.

A K Sig ? ... whistling grin
Posted By: 1DGEMAN

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 05:31 AM

Media hysteria. More people die from the flu. If people are that afraid they should crawl in a bubble and seal it up.
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 05:42 AM

This is really getting pathetic when people are afraid to buy a car part.

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jjs72D

I agree. And From someone in the same STATE as a victim. And then they hear “Kirkland” and they freak.

Hey, I bet all the one dollar bills in your wallet are infected! That’s George WASHINGTON!

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass

Yepper, same city.

A K Sig ? ... whistling grin

Turn on your best Samuel L Jackson voice and say “English MFer..........do you speak it?”
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 06:28 AM

Yepper, same city.

No. Not at all. I was just pointing out about the Kirkland WA "Phobia" of this thread. Seems people are panicking over anything from Washington State. Finish reading my post.

Just yesterday I got 5 sets of China made kits. Today I opened 4 boxes of High/Low beam headlight relay kits from China. I am modifying them for Suzuki Motorcycles to take the headlight amparage off the ignition switch and its 18 gauge wiring (Just like our crap MOPAR headlight wiring). So I gloved up, then opened the packages and wiped them down with Clorox Wipes.

^^^ This Exactly!

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 08:38 AM

And as wise as you can tell yourself you are, your clueless about others situation.

How can you tell me with 100% certainty there isnt?

Yepper, same city.

No. Not at all. I was just pointing out about the Kirkland WA "Phobia" of this thread. Seems people are panicking over anything from Washington State. Finish reading my post.

Just yesterday I got 5 sets of China made kits. Today I opened 4 boxes of High/Low beam headlight relay kits from China. I am modifying them for Suzuki Motorcycles to take the headlight amparage off the ignition switch and its 18 gauge wiring (Just like our crap MOPAR headlight wiring). So I gloved up, then opened the packages and wiped them down with Clorox Wipes.

^^^ This Exactly!
Posted By: hemirdrnnr

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 11:03 AM

ahhhhhh!!! bubble rap is from CHINA don't pop the bubbles, the virus is only suppose to live a month out of the host put the part in quarantine for a month then put it on the car. stirthepot
Posted By: Montclaire

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 12:15 PM

Blame the breathless media for this crap, not the consumer. All to sell ad space/destabilize the market. I wonder how much insider trading is going on during this "crisis."

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 02:26 PM

Well what I have learned in recent times, call anything you disagree with a "hoax", call any precaution someone else takes that you didn't think of or dismiss outright, as "panic", like those who religiously wear seat belts I guess..

Some people need the physiological confirmation of belonging to a group, no matter how safe, smart or risky.

As per "Raiders of the lost Ark", "Chose wisely"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3RN9zz77Cs

Posted By: moparx

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 03:40 PM

anybody here ever think about how money flies around the country and the money getting tucked in stripper's G-strings ? devil stirthepot whistling
beer

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
anybody here ever think about how money flies around the country and the money getting tucked in stripper's G-strings ? devil stirthepot whistling
beer

Or restaurant waiters stuffing their order books inside the back of their pants? eek
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 07:24 PM

I just avoid snowflakes altogether nowadays... runaway

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/02/20 11:23 PM

Yep, im really over reacting.

Moments after King County health officials announced that the state's death toll had risen to five, another official said an additional death occurred in Snohomish County, bringing the tally to six.

The new cases bring the total number of confirmed COVID-19 instances in the state to 18, including eight of which have been linked to Life Care Center of Kirkland, which is currently experiencing an outbreak. Another hospitalized patient involves a man in his 50's with no known previous exposure.

My lungs are so bad I cant use bleach, cant use dam near anything, luckly dawn dish soap/water in a spray bottle can do any normal household cleanup.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/washington-state-announces-3-new-coronavirus-deaths

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/03/20 03:48 PM

So by most reports I read the final death song for Covid is from pneumonia complications.

Have you had either or both of the two common pneumonia vaccines?
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/04/20 12:23 AM

I've got something coming from China now. I hope there's nothing else in the box then what I ordered runaway

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/04/20 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by 5thAve
I've got something coming from China now. I hope there's nothing else in the box then what I ordered runaway

Something? .... pray tell !! ..... any rubber blow-up adult toys BE SURE to disinfect THAT !
Posted By: moparx

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/04/20 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
Originally Posted by 5thAve

Something? .... pray tell !! ..... any rubber blow-up adult toys BE SURE to disinfect THAT !

um, er, ah, DoC, how would you KnOw about this ? whistling stirthepot devil
beer
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Virus and Parts - 03/04/20 02:30 PM

https://wreg.com/news/fedex-taking-extra-precautions-to-prevent-spread-of-coronavirus/
© 2024 Moparts Forums