Moparts

Craigslist Functional Question

Posted By: oldjonny

Craigslist Functional Question - 02/13/20 06:24 PM

Just trying to reply to some Craigslist ads. Does anyone else have problems with what are supposed to be the pop-up phone numbers that are put into the ads? I seem to be able to get them when posted in more local (to me) ads, but I get errors whenever I try to get them out west. I have searched online and there are multiple threads about issues with browsers, but I have tried 5 different browsers and can not get them to work

For instance...can anyone get this phone number? Just an example of one that will not work.

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/reno-2005-honda-cr-ex-awd/7073903269.html
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Craigslist Functional Question - 02/13/20 06:31 PM

I got it but had to use internet explorer to do it. I couldn't decipher why Edge (my only other browser choice at work) wouldn't display 775 229-2373
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Craigslist Functional Question - 02/13/20 06:47 PM

Huh....I have tried internet explorer as well. Not sure what the issue is.
Posted By: moetown

Re: Craigslist Functional Question - 02/13/20 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by oldjonny
Just trying to reply to some Craigslist ads. Does anyone else have problems with what are supposed to be the pop-up phone numbers that are put into the ads? I seem to be able to get them when posted in more local (to me) ads, but I get errors whenever I try to get them out west. I have searched online and there are multiple threads about issues with browsers, but I have tried 5 different browsers and can not get them to work

For instance...can anyone get this phone number? Just an example of one that will not work.

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/reno-2005-honda-cr-ex-awd/7073903269.html

I've had the same issue at times. Same browser and computer it works one day and not the next. Always seems to work on my phone.

Re: Craigslist Functional Question - 02/13/20 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by oldjonny
Huh....I have tried internet explorer as well. Not sure what the issue is.

FWIW, my internet exploder is clean, no ad blockers, no browser helper objects. I have ghostery and ad block plus running on Edge but neither seemed to be the issue.
Posted By: rbkt65

Re: Craigslist Functional Question - 02/13/20 07:55 PM

i had that happen and tried to contact cl. no frickin answer from them. when i changed to window 10, it now works. don't know why it happened.
Posted By: mopargem

Re: Craigslist Functional Question - 02/14/20 01:33 AM

Won’t work for me either. My PC with chrome said error and my iPhone it won’t respond.

Re: Craigslist Functional Question - 02/14/20 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by mopargem
Won’t work for me either. My PC with chrome said error and my iPhone it won’t respond.

Odd, I'm home now using firefox 72.0.2 with ad nauseum and ghostery installed and got the phone number again. I didn't have to pause or disable anything.
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Craigslist Functional Question - 02/14/20 12:39 PM

with my desktop i have several pop up blockers. when i try to click on a highlighted link area it won't open up due to the blocker. i have to right click and hit open link in new window to get it to open.

maybe give that a try,
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Craigslist Functional Question - 02/14/20 12:46 PM

Here’s what I’ve gotten ....

Attached picture BE7C59CA-7DB8-4E71-A9A9-760F3DD43079.png

Re: Craigslist Functional Question - 02/14/20 12:56 PM

I finally remembered what that animated symbol that pops up is, it's a CAPTCHA thing. I think the root of the problem is with CAPTCHA
Posted By: 70Duster

Re: Craigslist Functional Question - 02/15/20 09:02 PM

I get that message unless I temporarily disable my VPN (virtual private network). No problems any other time.
© 2024 Moparts Forums