Moparts

On a lighter note, graphic help to outline my logo $

Posted By: 71TA

On a lighter note, graphic help to outline my logo $ - 02/02/20 05:34 PM

I need some new teardrop flags for trade shows. I downloaded a graphic and put the simple logo and info on it using Photoshop that I'm reasonably good at. BUT I dont have Illustrator to be able to open an EPS file to put a thin black border around the gray in my logo so it will stand out on the white background of the flag. Can I paypal someone to add an outline? Hoping someone could blast it out today so I can get the flags ordered.

I'll be working all day getting ready for the local show/swap next weekend but will check in occasionally.

Attached picture Flag logo.jpg
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: On a lighter note, graphic help to outline my logo $ - 02/02/20 07:04 PM

My buddy might be able to bang it out today. He does this kind of Mechanical Turk stuff all the time. What are you offering?

Re: On a lighter note, graphic help to outline my logo $ - 02/02/20 07:25 PM

For someone that uses Illustration it probably takes a couple minutes. I'm sure theres an outline feature. I'd have to buy (now they "rent" software, Illustrator is $30/mth) and then learn it. Even though I programmed industrial machines, robots and used used CAD for 30 years its hard to spare an afternoon.

I'd Paypal $50.

Again just a black outline around the gray "building" and save as an EPS like the original and a hi res Jpeg so I can use it in Photoshop.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: On a lighter note, graphic help to outline my logo $ - 02/02/20 08:21 PM

Can't you print it as is add the border with a marker scan it and be ok?

Re: On a lighter note, graphic help to outline my logo $ - 02/02/20 09:39 PM

Clever. But I'd be willing to pay to have it done electronically so I have a good file to use in the future on literature or website or banners.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: On a lighter note, graphic help to outline my logo $ - 02/02/20 09:56 PM

My buddy is tied up today. He said he can do it tomorrow if that works.

Re: On a lighter note, graphic help to outline my logo $ - 02/02/20 10:46 PM

That'd work.. Have him reach out to me via the contact page on my detroitmuscletechnologies.com website or if you have my email
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: On a lighter note, graphic help to outline my logo $ - 02/02/20 11:29 PM

Looks like you found someone but craigslist works great for this type of thing under the "jobs" design section. I found my last 3 graphic designers through there and the jobs are completed within an hour of me emailing them. I get it back, e-transfer the money and Bobs your uncle.

Re: On a lighter note, graphic help to outline my logo $ - 02/03/20 12:35 AM

Craigslist. Great tip! Thanks

Funny I just hired a new employee. But "back in the day" you took out an ad in a paper. Now? Since it wasn't a job that fit the need of one of the big online companies my 27yo daughter suggested posting on our cities facebook / swap / info page. Since you have to be "accepted" to this facebook page I knew that the respondents would be good. I advertised that the job would be perfect for a stay at home mom and the hours could be whatever they wanted. I hired a 40yo mother of 2. College educated. Happy to be part of the "team". Self starter. Conscientious. Asks the right questions. Doenst take a break. Just works straight through he 5-1/2 hour "shift" Her last job she worked as the assistant to a local celebrity radio personality / author (Mitch Album)?!?! I AM SO HAPPY to have found her.!!!
Posted By: moparx

Re: On a lighter note, graphic help to outline my logo $ - 02/03/20 02:17 PM

glad it worked out for you ! up
i need a neighbor kid to help me with this "new" stuff !
i was a machinist for 42 1/2yrs, and while i programed a ton of CNC projects, [starting with the old "tape" machines biggrin] this "new" stuff with the phones and photo shop intimidate me terribly !
beer
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: On a lighter note, graphic help to outline my logo $ - 02/03/20 02:28 PM

Did you get what you needed for your flags?
© 2024 Moparts Forums