Moparts

Shipping K member

Posted By: mrploww

Shipping K member - 01/19/20 07:44 PM

I am looking for suggestions on shipping a k member from OH to KS. Has anyone shipped one before? What is the easiest way to do it? Wrap it on a pallet or get heavy duty box?
Thanks!
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Shipping K member - 01/19/20 09:56 PM

I have never used them but most folks seem to have good luck with Fastenal. They require stuff to be on a pallet.

However seems like I remember someone saying there prices have gone up so you will probably need to comparison shop.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Shipping K member - 01/20/20 02:23 AM

A bare K frame isn't very heavy so just put in a big box. I have K frame boxes that I use to store them in. It will cost a bunch but that is way it goes.
Posted By: savoy64

Re: Shipping K member - 01/20/20 02:56 AM

there is the bus shipping also--trailways/greyhound? the item needs to be boxed and they have a weight limit.....
Posted By: ns1aar

Re: Shipping K member - 01/20/20 02:58 AM

Bubble wrap use to work with them
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Shipping K member - 01/20/20 05:01 AM

I have shipped at least 2 K frames from PA to CA

Got two large boxes and used them to wrap the K frame in cardboard and lots of tape.

Both made it
Posted By: moparx

Re: Shipping K member - 01/20/20 01:27 PM

morty, do you remember the cost ?
beer
Posted By: GODSCOUNTRY340

Re: Shipping K member - 01/20/20 03:30 PM

I've shipped them by wrapping the four corners with cardboard & duct tape and the rest of the K frame exposed.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Shipping K member - 01/20/20 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
morty, do you remember the cost ?
beer

This was shipping with a lot of stuff that I bought at Carlisle. Obviously the K frame was separate from other stuff. The price was probably $60 but that was years ago and shipping has gone crazy $$$$ wise
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Shipping K member - 01/20/20 04:57 PM

A-body K-members are about 35 lbs. I've shipped lots of them. Last one was, I believe, to Texas. Cost about $50. Wrap it in cardboard and ship it. I use FedEx, but UPS can handle them, too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums