Moparts

On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!!

Posted By: formula_s

On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/12/20 11:35 PM

Googled on non mopar topic today and it took me to the Corvette forum, no need to sign in as I'm not a member there. and there it was the dreaded INFOLINKS!!!!! on every page!!!
Posted By: dOc …

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/13/20 12:24 AM

HERES what came up about 5 minutes ago for me !

Attached picture B8A1DAD5-E0B0-44BD-AED6-E05E83C8214F.png

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/13/20 12:46 AM

It’s a bit of a PITA but I’ve jsta learned how to navigate through it ...

99% of what I do is in my iPhone 6
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/13/20 12:56 AM

Boy, they are campaigning HARD! Throwing millions into it. Like Geiko ads - you just can't get away from them. Plus, as soon as you were to click on their link, it probably downloads malware into your computer. It's madness.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/13/20 10:06 AM

Infolinks is a glimpse of our online future- VERY AGGRESSIVE intrusive advertising.
Posted By: topside

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/13/20 05:53 PM

Weird thing: last night we had a power outage for about 4 hours, I was on the PC.
After the power came back on, Moparts was back up, and there was an Infolink ad at the bottom.
I closed Moparts, hit another site or two, and when I re-opened Moparts, no Infolinks, and none since.
Apparently my Adblocker took a brief vacation...

I really hate aggressive advertising & marketing and the endless repetition of dumb ads on TV, sometimes even back to back; I record as much as possible now.
I think it's valid to say that advertising/marketing is a source of a lot of social problems...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/14/20 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by topside
Weird thing: last night we had a power outage for about 4 hours, I was on the PC.
After the power came back on, Moparts was back up, and there was an Infolink ad at the bottom.
I closed Moparts, hit another site or two, and when I re-opened Moparts, no Infolinks, and none since.
Apparently my Adblocker took a brief vacation...

I really hate aggressive advertising & marketing and the endless repetition of dumb ads on TV, sometimes even back to back; I record as much as possible now.
I think it's valid to say that advertising/marketing is a source of a lot of social problems...

The adds are a form of brainwashing when played so many times and should be illegal.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/14/20 12:52 AM

Funny thing about the repetitive, annoying commercials on TV, I have no idea what they are selling.
Posted By: BIGGERED

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/14/20 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by slantzilla
Funny thing about the repetitive, annoying commercials on TV, I have no idea what they are selling.

I love ads that amuse me and in the end I have no idea what they are selling

TY
Kevin
Posted By: tboomer

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/14/20 02:17 AM

Just think how much we could save on insurance premiums with a little less commercials...
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/14/20 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by formula_s
Googled on non mopar topic today and it took me to the Corvette forum, no need to sign in as I'm not a member there. and there it was the dreaded INFOLINKS!!!!! on every page!!!

With all your corvettes I wondered what you were doing...................THERE! tonguue
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/14/20 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
HERES what came up about 5 minutes ago for me !

Put dOWn tHe phONe anD DrIvE your cAr!!!!

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/14/20 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by hemi-itis
Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
HERES argue what came up about 5 minutes ago for me !

Put dOWn tHe phONe anD DrIvE your cAr!!!!

sez the apimp with a fLiP pHoNe tsk xmaseek

ORE did Santa get cha FINALLY a iPhone11 ?

If so I’ll have thank him pErSoNnAlLy ! Santa4
Posted By: second 70

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/14/20 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer
Just think how much we could save on insurance premiums with a little less commercials...

Just think of the payoff State Farm will get if it's a KC- Green bay super Bowl.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/14/20 04:45 PM

I despise it all. Ambulance chasing lawyers, prescription meds, boner pills, credit cards, POS cars, home security rackets, etc.....

I try hard to limit it. No broadcast TV. No terrestrial radio. Let the answering machine get unknown callers. No "Alexa", cameras, microphones or "smart crap" in my house. Just a few apps on my phone. I guess I'm going to have to find a search engine other than Google 'cause it's kind of creepy being followed around by ads based on something I did a search for. None of it is a good thing.
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/14/20 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by CMcAllister
I despise it all. Ambulance chasing lawyers, prescription meds, boner pills, credit cards, POS cars, home security rackets, etc.....

I try hard to limit it. No broadcast TV. No terrestrial radio. Let the answering machine get unknown callers. No "Alexa", cameras, microphones or "smart crap" in my house. Just a few apps on my phone. I guess I'm going to have to find a search engine other than Google 'cause it's kind of creepy being followed around by ads based on something I did a search for. None of it is a good thing.

This is what I use w/o tying it to Chrome: https://duckduckgo.com/?t=h_
Posted By: wingman

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/14/20 05:19 PM

You guys think aggressive ads are something new? It's always been around, just taking another new form.

You live in a free capitalist society, advertising and sales goes with that.

Yes, it's annoying but it beats the alternative.

Attached picture 1910Billboard3-13.jpg
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/14/20 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by BIGGERED
Originally Posted by slantzilla

I love ads that amuse me and in the end I have no idea what they are selling

TY
Kevin

How true! STUPID ads that you watch out of amusement, & after you have no idea what product they were even talking about! Today's commercials I like: Duluth Trading & Jack Links. All the others basically tend to repel me from their products.
Posted By: Hellrico505

Re: On the Corvetteforum today INFOLINKS!!! - 01/15/20 02:08 PM

80% visual effect before seizure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpPE85Jogjw
© 2024 Moparts Forums