Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By EV2Bird
Have the hippies won?

I hope so.
Posted by: poorboy

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 04:58 PM

Have the hippies won?

How many of them are still alive? Or are you referring to the next gen?
Posted by: Mastershake340

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 05:07 PM

I like the Texas Hippie Coalition. shruggy
Posted by: Michael Ecks

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 05:25 PM

If the game is hippies versus hipsters, then I'll root for the hippies.
Posted by: Guitar Jones

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 06:39 PM

I don't think you know what a hippie is or rather, was.
Posted by: Morty426

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By amxautox
Frisco or Berkley.

They must be rich then
Posted by: EV2Bird

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 06:57 PM

Im not sure if your a dick in real life or just on the site here, but it sure gets old, you dont act like a happy person.

Originally Posted By Guitar Jones
I don't think you know what a hippie is or rather, was.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 07:04 PM

I'm very happy. I wasn't sure if you were born a racist azzhole or if you had to work at it.

So just what do you think a hippie is and why do you wonder if they've won?

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 07:18 PM

Happy guy then, please just move along, Id really prefer not to even interact with ya, life is too short.

I'm very happy. I wasn't sure if you were born a racist azzhole or if you had to work at it.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 07:21 PM

Happy guy then, please just move along, Id really prefer not to even interact with ya, life is too short.

Put me on ignore then if you are that thin skinned. It's a free country.
Posted by: cudaman1969

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 07:45 PM

I'd be interested to hear also if anyone knows what a hippy is. Saw quite a few back in the 60s. Most just looked like that to get laid, closet hippies.
Posted by: 300by500

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 08:39 PM

No.
Merle Haggard won.
stirthepot
Posted by: Morty426

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 08:39 PM

Well the hippies I knew were about Peace, Love and the Environment.

So I would say they lost.
Posted by: forphorty

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By 300by500
No.
Merle Haggard won.
stirthepot
In spite of "Okie from Muskogee" The Hag turned out to have a few hippie traits himself. smoke ..Need a Telecaster playing smiley
Posted by: 4x4 Roundup

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 09:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJco-dGF3Z0
Posted by: mopars4ever

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 09:53 PM

Quote:

yep, looks like they did.
Posted by: srt

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 11:14 PM

I lived in nor cal and was in the bay area often visiting grand mother who lived in sf. I remember peace demonstrations, riots, and all sorts of activism. Later the dirty druggy element emerged.
I met angela davis (when I was 7 years old) whom gave me a black panther button. I did not know who she was, or what the button represented, but it was cool. The front half of a black cat jumping across a purple background round button. My mom used to take us to peace marches, my brother and I had long hair (got threatened by some bullies at school to cut it), beatle boots, home-made bell bottoms (split with wild fabric inserts and india woven belt strap sewn along the bottom, and blue cambray shirts with red embroidered edging and designs stitched here and there. Black lights and black velvet posters embelished our rooms and we even listened to early dylan, pete seeger and other lyracists of the day.
I'm still alive, never did drugs, and loved every minute of experiencing it.
By the time of pop-art, muscle cars (68-72), and Manson and Jim Jones (real) hippies and the ideals had died off imho.
Posted by: A12

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/08/18 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By srt
I lived in nor cal and was in the bay area often visiting grand mother who lived in sf. I remember peace demonstrations, riots, and all sorts of activism. Later the dirty druggy element emerged.
I met angela davis (when I was 7 years old) whom gave me a black panther button. I did not know who she was, or what the button represented, but it was cool. The front half of a black cat jumping across a purple background round button. My mom used to take us to peace marches, my brother and I had long hair (got threatened by some bullies at school to cut it), beatle boots, home-made bell bottoms (split with wild fabric inserts and india woven belt strap sewn along the bottom, and blue cambray shirts with red embroidered edging and designs stitched here and there. Black lights and black velvet posters embelished our rooms and we even listened to early dylan, pete seeger and other lyracists of the day.
I'm still alive, never did drugs, and loved every minute of experiencing it.
By the time of pop-art, muscle cars (68-72), and Manson and Jim Jones (real) hippies and the ideals had died off imho.

WOW! Cool story and life experiences up up

MikeR
Posted by: Pale_Roader

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By Morty426

Heh... well, the planet is kinda run by human beings... so they never really had a chance.
Posted by: Dave Hall

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 02:54 AM

I think humans have made huge strides in the Peace, Love, Environment area's. It's just that the population has more than doubled in BILLIONS since the "hippy" movement. We hear about all the douche bag stuff going on because frankly, there are billions more douche bags! The US is all of those things in most places. The problem is that the earth is quickly running out of acreage to sustain this massive explosion of humans. Nearly 8 billion and counting. Everyone I know has kids. What happens when 16 billion are having kids in the next 50 years? I'm glad I will have turned to dust by then.
Posted by: ChryCoGuy

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 06:52 AM

Yeah, the planet will still be around after all the humans have killed themselves off through their inability to manage themselves and control their own behaviours...

What was the question? Still don't understand what the OP was asking about...
Posted by: wingman

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 08:23 AM

Like free love and lots of drugs?

Not sure that all worked out like they thought it would.

The OP will need to be more specific in his question in order to have any hope of a meaningful discussion...
Posted by: mccannix

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 08:44 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OimAEdj7Qa0

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 10:22 AM

Yes its kinda weak, id like to post alot more but dont want to upset the mfic here.

When I posted the question I was thinking at some of the goals the org. batch of hippies strived for and in some ways they got it, some seem favorable, some not so much.

Of the four females in my wifes family (sisters) that were nearly dead in the mix, two went one way, two went the other. All successful in there life and profession but opposite in there views on life.

Two cry daily and the other two are pretty mellow and just roll with life no matter whats going on.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 10:27 AM

There we go, OC, stop being a goof and trying to get posts whacked, maybe the mods will just whack you for your instigating bs.

Man up, or in your world... Person up.
Posted by: Orange_Crush

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 10:48 AM

There we go, OC, stop being a goof and trying to get posts whacked, maybe the mods will just whack you for your instigating bs.

Really? Come on chief, you know that you started this entire thread with the intention of stirring s*** up. We've all read your posts and we're all aware of your record.

As far as "manning up" is concerned, I have nothing to prove to anyone.
Posted by: RSNOMO

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 10:50 AM

LMAO...

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 10:52 AM

In a world of pony tails, construction boots, and 'Adam's Apples', this is just a distant memory...

(But we still see her, and she still looks great...
Posted by: QuickBpBp

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:01 AM

Too funny what gets removed on here and what stays. Two guys calling each other dicks and racist azzholes stays but mention a first name and it's gone...

Im not sure if your a dick in real life or just on the site here, but it sure gets old, you dont act like a happy person.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By QuickBpBp
Too funny what gets removed on here and what stays. Two guys calling each other dicks and racist azzholes stays but mention a first name and it's gone...

Yeah, you know he posts an ambiguous question with no explanation or clarification in the post like anyone else is going to know what's going on in his mind, I post that I'm not sure if he knows what a hippie is, seeing as how there really aren't any hippies any more and I get called a dick. Go figure.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By Orange_Crush

We've all read your posts and we're all aware of your record.

Even a mod has called him out but the post was left to stand for all to see. laugh2

Whatever. I think most of us have seen him for what he really is.
Posted by: krautrock

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:27 AM

@ quickBpBp.... lol. classic.

as for hippies.
i think as people get acquire wealth their views tend to change a bit. less likely to be into "burning the whole thing down" or some other extreme views. those hippies who might've been far our or extreme in the day or maybe just slightly progressive to slightly conservative these days..

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:29 AM

there really aren't any hippies any more

(You ever get up here in these parts, I can take you to where there's a few...

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By RS23U1G

WTH, I'm an old hippie. That's what everybody used to call me. laugh2

You just can't buy any good hallucinogens anymore. laugh2
Posted by: QuickBpBp

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:31 AM

Don't matter what side your on. That's haha

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:33 AM

Don't matter what side your on. That's haha

True. That was funny.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:35 AM

My wife was watching the oscars the other night and called me to check out how good jane fonda looked (with as much money that could be spent?).
Yep, 46 years later she still looks like the pos she was back then.
Patty Hearst story ow on tv a while back, she's in the same fold. Extremists (and drug culture) that affiliated themselves with the hippy way have no place with the ideals that brought forth the original movement.
I don't believe it came forth out of the bohemian lifestyle, or even gypsies.
With bartering, communal living, natural food, nature preservation, music and visual arts (and clothing and long hair). It was anti establishment.
I truly feel it more aligned with native american ideals and lifestyle (pre gambling).

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:35 AM

Dang I go out to clip my rose bushes and bam.

Yes, mods but not gods, but feel free to refresh my memory on what my record or what the mod had said.

If it involves being a bit racist or even a bigot, well heck in these times any white male over fifty can be categorized as such. So whats new, I still burn wood in my stove not kittens and babies.

So back to the hippie post, can we?

I got 1600 acres to get ready to plant so soon you will have to troll elsewhere.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:38 AM

LMAO...

(Please to re-read the sentence above your 'WTH.............

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:42 AM

I ran with some hippies one time, I killed cleaned 20 roosters so they could eat them, no one had the heart to behead them, it was semi funny.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:01 PM

I responded to your question the way I did because there is still a real hippy society even today, you just need to know where to go to find them, its not like they advertise that openly as its still considered a counter culture.

Im not into there ways but I like hippies, most are cool people, some a bit grungy but still ok. Many are non confrontational really like to get along.

Yeah, you know he posts an ambiguous question with no explanation or clarification in the post like anyone else is going to know what's going on in his mind, I post that I'm not sure if he knows what a hippie is, seeing as how there really aren't any hippies any more and I get called a dick. Go figure.
Posted by: bboogieart

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:06 PM

[quote=RS23U1G]

Hey,
I resmble that statement.
When I was in "HIGH"-school, the kids were either freaks , jocks, or nerds.
Out of all of that they always called me, just me, "Hippy".
It was the mid '70's and I kinda had a (Not a greaser), apimp
'60's vibe I guess.
Hallucinogens? Can't even find good smoke anymore. whiney
You know what I mean, Marlboros at 8 bucks a pack. blush

I saw some neat new stuff on Summit.
Now lets all go shopping on our phones. up

If we're talking "Save the planet".
There is a reason we're trying to find a new one.
haha

The hippies have most definatly lost.

Oh,
remember that old poster called, "Over Population"?

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:10 PM

When I was in "HIGH"-school, the kids were either freaks , jocks, or nerds.

You forgot the greasers, which I think morphed into the "gearheads".

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:20 PM

'73 to'78 ,Milwaukees North West side.
The Freaks and jocks, as well as myself were the Gear Heads.
Maybe their dads were greasers. shruggy
I mentioned the greasers. "I had a non greaser vibe".
There actually were three Greasers at my School and they were all brothers.
There were no "Brothers" whistling

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:22 PM

It was fun to be young and not have a care in the world.

Basic training was a blast, on the two mile run the DI-s could pic out the groups as to where they placed from front to back.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:25 PM

It was fun to be young and not have a care in the world.

Amen, I'm no longer young, but still don't have a care. boogie

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:26 PM

Dang I go out to clip my rose bushes and bam.

Yes, mods but not gods, but feel free to refresh my memory on what my record or what the mod had said.

If it involves being a bit racist or even a bigot, well heck in these times any white male over fifty can be categorized as such. So whats new, I still burn wood in my stove not kittens and babies.

So back to the hippie post, can we?

I got 1600 acres to get ready to plant so soon you will have to troll elsewhere.

It was in one of the pit bull threads where you stated that some of those traits could be attributed to some race of people. I'm paraphrasing of course because the thread is long gone. not_a_charger asked if that was a new sheet you had on or if it was the same old one. So there you have it.

I don't always agree with Orange Crush, but when I do it's about you. laugh2

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:37 PM

Its all good and really im not offended, just a general statement not directed towards you or anyone on this site, but unlike many in this world when I look in the mirror I know exactly who im looking at.

I personally dont know you or OC and would rather prefer to live and let live without any craziness or silly internet animosity.

Just as your beliefs are your own, mine are mine. So one this end id prefer just to move on so none of us get banned even though we clearly dont think alike in some ways.

Is that fair?

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:42 PM

Fair enough. I'm more than willing to bury the hatchet...and not in your head either. laugh2

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:42 PM

Racist... Racist... just what does that even mean?
He11 I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally. stirthepot

So anybody care to explain just what this thread was really supposed to be about? shruggy

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By bboogieart
Racist... Racist... just what does that even mean?
He11 I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally. stirthepot

So anybody care to explain just what this thread was really supposed to be about? shruggy

Hallucinogens I think.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By bboogieart

https://youtu.be/vZuFq4CfRR8

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 12:59 PM

OK...
So Racism.
Yep the Peace lovin Hippies lost that one a long time ago. blush
Ignorance and arrogance is truly a bad combination. panic
As I said I hate everyone equally. whistling
Posted by: jcc

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 04:37 PM

Its all good and really im not offended, just a general statement not directed towards you or anyone on this site, but unlike many in this world when I look in the mirror I know exactly who im looking at.

I personally dont know you or OC and would rather prefer to live and let live without any craziness or silly internet animosity.

Just as your beliefs are your own, mine are mine. So one this end id prefer just to move on so none of us get banned even though we clearly dont think alike in some ways.

Is that fair?

Isn't that cute, bury the hatchet and take the road, and all is forgiven.

Right. puke
Posted by: krautrock

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 04:47 PM

now be good little boys and kiss and make up...
Posted by: HotRodDave

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 04:49 PM

Arn't hippies the ones who said don't trust anyone over 30? Since that was what 55 years ago? Now they should be the ones saying don't trust anyone over 85...

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By jcc

Is that fair?

Isn't that cute, bury the hatchet and take the road, and all is forgiven.

Right. puke

Nobody said all is forgiven. Just that I can agree to disagree. We know where we stand.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By krautrock
now be good little boys and kiss and make up...

What ever floats your boat, I'm not here to judge...

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By HotRodDave
Arn't hippies the ones who said don't trust anyone over 30? Since that was what 55 years ago? Now they should be the ones saying don't trust anyone over 85...

I don't trust anyone that doesn't use their liver. laugh2
Posted by: amxautox

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 06:38 PM

I don't trust anyone that doesn't abuse their liver. laugh2
fixed...

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 06:43 PM

fixed...

laugh2
Posted by: Shoozy

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 06:45 PM

fixed...

laugh2

beer

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 07:02 PM

...any white male over fifty can ...

easily tell you how many times he's been passed over for being that.

It started for me back in 1975 when I went to college and tried to get into a dorm at a state university, later tried to get a student loan, then tried to get a federal job, and even when I applied for a loan for my first home.
Talk about having the cards stacked against a guy.
I do have to say it contributed to my working on cars, making due with used vehicles and household stuff I repaired, crappy home I bought and repaired, and was able to retire at age 51.
Made me a fighter, not a entitled slacker.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 07:05 PM

Oh boy here we go...

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 07:11 PM

Can someone translate that for me because I really dont get it.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 07:14 PM

Looks to me like he is claiming he has been passed over in life by affirmative action policies. Reverse discrimination in other words.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 07:16 PM

Got it.

I got some hippie pics I can post.

Not only did I have to kill and clean the chickens for the hippies I built them a nice real log cabin way up in the Appalachian Mountains.

They were good helpers though.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 07:28 PM

my point is that the activism that came forth during the late 60's was not necessarily good, or fair or equatable. I also feel it started the erosion of the American family unit.
I'm not trying to "start anything" with these posts, they are my observation after living it.
I remember moms being home when my friends and I got home from school. Ther were few working moms in the late 50's early 60's. As more and more went to work what did we, as a country, see? Raising prices, shortages, unemployment, eeo, etc. Along with it crime rates (%'s), drug use, divorce, etc increased.
There you go. Hippies are not responsible, activism can be considered.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 07:30 PM

So some say there are no more hippies, some ask what a hippie is.

Ive a real good friend who does live in the appalachian mountains and pretty much lives off the grid, his little group is pretty efficient nearly like a tribe of Indians.

I got to run to my other place and will grap my pic hard drive and post some.

They may not of won but up on there mountain one might think they did and these are not no cali wanna be hippies or slackers.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 07:55 PM

There you go with the name calling/labeling. I wonder if you'd survive in a community that strive to live together.
I've lived in rural nor-cal all of my life. I know many people that live off the grid (a guy I worked with in the 70's lives 3 parcels away completely off the grid in a converted barn). My wife and I are not completely self sufficient, even though we were one of the first (early 80's) to have solar water heaters on our roof. We continue to grow and preserve much of our food grown organically and share surplus with friends and family. Think any of our 5 kids do this for themselves? nope.
I also own, maintain and pollute with our mopar and 4 4x's (3 are close to 50 yrs old, one's 20, the other 15). They would create greater environmental damage to replace than keep in service the little we use them.
imho, there are few "real" hippies left. There are dreadlocked wanna be abominations that use drugs, put forth defective children (truly many birth defects) and emblazon their cars with candidates that embrace socialist ideals.
sickening at best. It's hard to find true community minded people that accept others and want to work together for a common good.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 08:14 PM

Go figure, I mention one state and you live in it, but I think you know the types I mentioned so dont get too bent.

I wonder if you'd survive in a community that strive to live together.

Thats a good question, when not farming I was building new homes and my hippie friend needed some help and I had some time to kill, so I did, six months at a time over a two year period for a total of a year.

Im not the hippie type really, only in a few small ways but my friends are good folks and I enjoyed being able to help them with some of there needs to make them more self reliant.

Its ironic you used the term socialist because in some ways with the community ways they have where it seemed everything was everyones.

One internet def is .....social organization that advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.

Yes we did have some pretty involved conversations but as I wrote we were and still are good friends although different.

Let me post some pics and see what you think then.
Posted by: SomeCarGuy

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 09:08 PM

Well, when moderators are allowed to call somebody a dick, it’s hard to justify removing the posts of anybody else.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/09/18 11:22 PM

I mentioned that as I try to avoid categorizing people in any state or environment. I encourage everyone to look at not state boundaries, but regional beliefs. Anyplace near any coast seem to be problematic. My roots are early fur explorers of so canada/ne us, and later r.i. around Providence (Browns). My ideals run more parallel with these early settlers and the revolution/constitutionalism.
In a community skill sets help level the field. Bartering unfortunately has become an underground economy in rural nor cal that's used to launder green money. Boils down that there is only a small group of people that (I feel) truly live as a community.
In a small way moparts is like this in that we build from eachoteres experiences and skill sets. Of course tempering by the mods keep us aligned with those ideals.
Posted by: cudaman1969

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/10/18 12:22 AM

BS, every bit of what I read, all where low life's (me too) looking to grow hair, not shave, talk the talk and use drugs and get between the legs of some girl.. We all where the rebelous type, and the girls where nut cases trying to fit in to some group. I'd hang with them some times then get up and leave, couldn't stand the "talk" after awhile. All an act.
Cops loved harassing them-us, actually came into one guys house without cause, to search house and us for anything drug related, pipes, clips, pills, anything, asking names and where we lived. Think you got rough times now, its nothing compared to those days. Made up my mind real quick to go the other way, that was in 66-67. Maybe the left coast was different then where we lived, I didn't know then or now.
Posted by: moparx

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/10/18 08:47 AM

willie nelson is still alive. is that relevant somehow ? biggrin
beer
Posted by: 2boltmain

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/10/18 09:25 AM

Was a member recently dissed by a hippie? Im so out of the loop on this post. I was born in 69. My dad was a cop from 1973 to 1995. In the 70s the accepted and often used term for a long haired-bell bottom wearing, trouble making pot smoking guy was "Misshead" only a P and not the M as the first letter.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/10/18 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By 2boltmain
I was born in 69.

You missed all the good stuff:

Couple random assassinations...

Civil discord...

Vietnam...

And hippies...

On the flip-side, I remember the car dealership windows getting soaped-up before the 1969 new model releases...

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/10/18 10:31 AM

Cudaman1969 you are describing the 2nd and 3rd round type hippies.
Think about (or listen to) Pete Seegar, Bob Dylan or maybe Joan Baez and type of message they were delivering and it will shed light on some of what was important to activists and the first wave of hipies.
It's much like burning man, if I understand the original guys that started the gathering no lnger attend, because of what it's becoe, not what it was intended.
Posted by: 300by500

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/10/18 11:34 AM

I was born in 1963.
For me the most catastrophic event of the 60's was when I broke the glass in my "Snoopy" lunchbox vacuum Thermos bottle on my first full day of school in 1969.

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/10/18 02:07 PM

My only lunch box memory was look on the school bullys face just before mine slammed him up side the head. I believe I was in second grade and the guy changed course after that event. I found out later David Chetti (sp?) was disturbed because his dad was dying. We became pretty good friends and I think the event and my friendship helped he through the tough times. Always wondered how he did later in life.
Posted by: Pale_Roader

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/11/18 07:51 AM

Originally Posted By 2boltmain
I was born in 69.

You missed all the good stuff:

Couple random assassinations...

Civil discord...

Vietnam...

And hippies...

On the flip-side, I remember the car dealership windows getting soaped-up before the 1969 new model releases...

Not to mention being able to BUY a '69 car in '69... . . . . .
Posted by: Frankenduster

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/11/18 01:58 PM

My impression of Hippies was a dirty, sloppy and lazy person that did not want to work, preferred to beg for money and just hang out with other losers smoking pot.
Did they win?
We have more losers living in the street than ever before.
We have more people waiting every month for a check.
Idiots have decriminalized Marijuana use and legalized it in several states.
If these infected scabs of society win, every productive member of society loses at the same time.
Posted by: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Have the hippies won? - 03/11/18 06:16 PM

My oldest 1st cousin was a certified 100% pure hippie in the late 60's.
She and her boyfriend (later husband) were into psychedelic drugs/ music/
hippie clothes/long hair..everything. But she accidently got pregnat in 1970, they decided to get married, and settle down and live the "suburban life" with full time jobs, a house...etc.
So, I would say they gave into society's peer pressure and "lost"
their fight to rebel I guess. pity