1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15

Posted by: Rhinodart

1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/07/18 01:15 PM

See attached flyer, no cost, all Mopar parts vendors and buyers welcome!
Posted by: buildanother

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/07/18 01:25 PM

Not playing around ey Rhino? Might see ya there.

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/07/18 01:28 PM

I will have large piles of parts on the floor, unless I take a few days of work... runaway
Posted by: slantzilla

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/07/18 08:32 PM

I gotta work that day. rant
Posted by: poorboy

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/07/18 09:50 PM

Just what I need, more stuff! I'll be there, probably will drag my son along as well.

Is there a way you can email me the attachment? I'll copy it and post it in my shop to do some advertising for you. Gene
Posted by: wkroncke17

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/07/18 11:08 PM

Rhino!!!
I'll be there with stuff to sell!
What a great idea!
Look forward to seeing the new place.
Posted by: Handygun

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/08/18 08:36 AM

Will there be a car corral?

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/08/18 09:15 AM

Bring what ya wanna sell, simple as that, fer sale signs everywhere! If you know me at all, you know I do not like RULES... punkrocka
Posted by: rocksmopar

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/08/18 09:35 AM

Sounds good, I'm looking for E-Body parts....
Posted by: Y3 70 BEE

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/08/18 01:07 PM

Beer garden?

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/08/18 01:27 PM

BYOBG... beer
Posted by: superbird

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/08/18 06:25 PM

Jim where the best place to have breakfast close to your dealership?

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/08/18 09:34 PM

There are a bunch of places on State Street east of downtown. I am not from the area so I don't know alot about the downtown restaurants.

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/08/18 09:37 PM

Gotta be a White Castle close, no?
Posted by: John Brown

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/08/18 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By buildanother
Gotta be a White Castle close, no?

Yah.... if you call 50 miles close. popcorn

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/08/18 10:45 PM

Yeah, I can't believe there is not a White Castle in the Rockford area, how do they clean out their systems? fart

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/08/18 11:39 PM

New Glarus beer from up nort a little bit....
Posted by: azmopar

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/09/18 05:59 PM

ill be there

in spirit at least
Posted by: Biggie

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/21/18 08:32 PM

Drove by the place last week rhino. I used to work a couple blocks away on main and Jefferson. I will be there with crap no one wants but admission price is right! 😁 as far as a place for breakfast I highly recommend Johnny Pamcakes. They have awesome omelettes!

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/21/18 08:42 PM

I have seen Johnny Pancakes, I will have to try it sometime...
Posted by: 71Polara383

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/22/18 12:38 PM

No rules? So that means I can drag some c body stuff over to try and get rid of? I've never had a spot at a swap...

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/22/18 12:53 PM

Bring it on over, however don't hassle me too much to buy my 69 Monaco 500 convertible... whistling
Posted by: 71Polara383

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/23/18 10:57 PM

I do need a no roof for my collection... work

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/26/18 12:11 AM

Are you going to be able to accommodate those of us that decide to throw a few things into our pickups and bring them along on Sunday? I don't have enough stuff to warrant making two trips there, and I'm meeting someone that is bringing me parts, so I will be bringing my truck on Sunday. Gene

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/26/18 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By poorboy
Are you going to be able to accommodate those of us that decide to throw a few things into our pickups and bring them along on Sunday? I don't have enough stuff to warrant making two trips there, and I'm meeting someone that is bringing me parts, so I will be bringing my truck on Sunday. Gene

I have room, even more if it is a nice day and can use the outside. My biggest issues right now is to move and organize the piles of junk I have inside right now... panic
Posted by: DUFFMAN

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/26/18 09:08 PM

I always thought it was funny how you Chicago guys can't get enough of Spotted Cow. Spotted Cow to a Wisconsinite is like Fosters to an Australia or Labatt to a Canadian, the stuff we won't drink. Probably 90% of it ends up outside of Wisconsin.
Posted by: Devil

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/26/18 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By DUFFMAN

I always thought it was funny how you Chicago guys can't get enough of Spotted Cow. Spotted Cow to a Wisconsinite is like Fosters to an Australia or Labatt to a Canadian, the stuff we won't drink. Probably 90% of it ends up outside of Wisconsin.

I don't drink it, but my friends do. Funny thing is, it can't be sold outside Wisconsin.
Posted by: DUFFMAN

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/27/18 07:51 AM

Originally Posted By Devil
Originally Posted By DUFFMAN

I don't drink it, but my friends do. Funny thing is, it can't be sold outside Wisconsin.

There are a lot of great beers made in Wisconsin that aren't sold outside of Wisconsin.

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/27/18 07:54 AM

A lot of crap too, Point, Fox Deluxe, and even the latest rendition of Old Style. puke

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/27/18 09:55 AM

...and to think I went up to Point brewery once or twice in my ramcharger to shuttle alot of cases of that stuff down to dupage county for a friend that loved the heck out of the stuff!

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/27/18 10:09 AM

I drank it in college because it was CHEAP! biggrin

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/27/18 11:20 AM

Will there be commemorative T shirts???? up

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/27/18 11:32 AM

I will send you one of my dirty shirts after I move all the junk around... wave

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/27/18 11:44 AM

lol tsk
Posted by: Y3 70 BEE

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 03/27/18 08:44 PM

Tiparillos n Schlitz

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/06/18 09:51 PM

Just so I'm some what prepared. Is there functioning bathrooms? Heat? I imagine you will be cooking everyone lunch? 😆

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/06/18 11:34 PM

Bathrooms work fine, who needs heat? It will be sunny and 80! laugh2 No food, I don't need the city of Rockford bothering me... tsk You can bring your own if you want. wave
Posted by: gts340swinger

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/07/18 02:22 PM

This is going to be a lot of fun. Jim is being very generous by offering us a place to have a free swap meet. The building and contents need a years worth of organizing and fixing up so don't come expecting it to be like all the other swap meets you've been to. No complaining here either or you will disappear, like, not to be seen again, by anyone. Ever. There are a couple places on site that we can dispose of you and people more than willing to do so on hand...
Let's make the most of it. Maybe make some $ or do some trading, and for god's sake, PLEASE, no one bring that footwash Spotted Cow Crap.

If you brought some pretzels or chips to share that would be awfully nice too.

Tell your friends, bring some stuff, wear some appropriate footwear and dress for the weather. I have a feeling there will be outside vendors.

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/07/18 08:55 PM

Thats a bit harsh Eric, but I do have a Soylent Green machine out in the shed... devil
Posted by: Devil

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/09/18 07:09 PM

I should have a case of my new book... if they ship it on time.
Posted by: NTOLERANCE

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/09/18 10:41 PM

Well. I do have everything packed up for Jefferson already.

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/11/18 09:09 AM

Of course the weather report is getting worse and worse as the week progresses... rant
Posted by: mopars4ever

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/11/18 09:12 AM

It is the place heated?

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/11/18 10:19 AM

Yes it is heated, but I was hoping that some people wanted to swap outside and then there is the tracking in of snow and rain, which of course is the price I will pay to open up my doors. realcrazy This has been the worst winter in my 60 years on this planet, darn global warming... penguin

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/12/18 08:39 AM

I could tell my nephew I will pay his entry fee if he cleans up the floor when it's time to go😁

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/12/18 11:04 AM

haha up
Posted by: dsd70bee

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/12/18 05:28 PM

I have heard that Dave Nowak is going to be there with some of his world famous brats !!!

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/12/18 08:41 PM

Indeed! drool
Posted by: duster2

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/13/18 09:31 AM

Hey Rhino , I am not going to make it , guess I am getting old and not wanting to fight the possible weather that looks to be coming your way.
So see you all next time.....

Frank

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/13/18 09:53 AM

Can't blame you, that will probably happen to a few more folks... frown

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/13/18 10:42 AM

Doesn't this place have a roof? So what if it rains a little outside. The worst situation for an indoor swap meet (and especially an indoor car show) is having weather that is absolutely beautiful. When the weather is beautiful, indoor swap meet attendance falls like a brick. He!!, even a little snow usually works wonders.

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/14/18 07:51 PM

Have 9 vendors here now 8 more coming in the morning 4 have cancelled due to the weather hope the snow holds off...

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/14/18 11:20 PM

Hey Jim are the doors going to be open before 8 for setup? I have seen your flyer on Craigslist and a few mopar sites on facebook.
Posted by: Mastershake340

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/15/18 09:55 AM

Damn, my Sunday plans got canceled and freed up my morning to head out there. But I was just watching the news showing ice and sleet north and west of me, with cars and trucks spun out on the toll roads and highways, and decided I didn't want to end up wrapped around a guardrail on I-90 today. This weather sux! flame
Posted by: 1970A13

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/15/18 06:15 PM

Had a good time,nice to see everyone again.that rhino guy collects darts?that's like a coin collecter instead of having dollars or half dollars he collects pennys,o well!!

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/16/18 12:13 AM

Yep, the weather sucked today, but it looked OK from inside Rhino's building!

We had fun, I made a little money, swapped some of my junk for someone else's junk, swapped stories with Mopar brothers, rummaged through Rhino's collection, and bought a book. What more could a guy ask for on a snowy, crappy day in the middle of April? Gene

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/16/18 01:21 AM

And, it"ll be even better next year. thumbs

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/16/18 08:32 AM

I was a hurtin' puppy last night and this morning! Getting too old to move thousands of parts around in a weekend. pity Thanks for all who helped and who showed up, a good time was definitely had! up Can't blame the ones who didn't show, absolutely THE worst weather I have seen on April 15th in my 60 years... shock

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/16/18 09:06 PM

The way the weather is going this year, it may still be 90 in Oct!

Keep us posted on any upcoming events you are brave enough to try, we will be there to join in on the fun, if we can.

On a different note, that ceiling heater at the back corner of your enclosed trailer (at the thermostat) where we were set up, was dripping when ever it ran. It could be a contributor of some of the heating issues. It was dripping on one of the radiators I was selling. Some fool thought my radiator was leaking because it had a wet spot in the middle of the core. The fact that it hasn't had coolant in it for 10 years didn't seem to make much difference to him. LOL! Gene

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/16/18 10:20 PM

Yep, I know about that Modine unit, probably why I got woke up at 2:00 AM with the pipes banging like a lose hooker! eek I bought the place November 1st so I didn't have time to do anything about the boiler system. If it ever get above freezing for a week or two I might have a chance... eyes
Posted by: gts340swinger

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/18/18 09:19 AM

It was a fun time and the weather down here wasn't too bad. Mostly a little snow making the roads wet. I suppose it was worse up north a little.
The next time will be better for sure. The place will be more organized and maybe people will give it a shot.
The best part was that we managed to get about $15 worth of donations that day towards Rhino's "keep the lights on" fund.
Posted by: demoned

Re: 1st Annual Mopar swap Rockford, IL April 15 - 04/18/18 07:05 PM

Great place Jim I bet it's nice to have it all under 1 roof .I hated to take off so fast .I wanted to look around more look forward to more events there.