Looks like a Toyota Fiat confused
Posted by: sp392

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 07:48 AM

That's it, debuts next week at Detroit auto show
Posted by: rrbrucea

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By sp392
That's it, debuts next week at Detroit auto show

I'll wait until I actually see one in the flesh to really make my decision about it, but my first reaction is that this was once the company that set the light truck market on it's ear with their Big Rig inspired redesign. Now they're reduced to me-tooism and design a truck that doesn't stand out at all.

Glad I have my '14. Many times I've told folks it was my LAST new vehicle. Didn't know just how right I was!
Posted by: Rhinodart

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 08:02 AM

Yep, got sent an announcement that a video is coming to my computer on January 15th, guess it will be deleted... frown
Posted by: rdrnr6970

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 08:06 AM

That's horrible!It does look like a crappy Toyota uhhhh down
Posted by: rocksmopar

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 08:26 AM

Not liking it....

It looks like a Chevoyota....
Posted by: 65pacecar

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 08:35 AM

Looks like a Chevy and a Toyota made Love.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 08:48 AM

Theyre gonna loose a lot of money on this mess of a truck!

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 08:50 AM

Il just keep my 2013 HEMI RAM thank you! grin
Posted by: RoadRunner

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By rdrnr6970
Theyre gonna loose a lot of money on this mess of a truck!

Like the last generation of Dodge Dakota. I was all ready to get a new one when they cam out with the '05.
Posted by: FM3AAR

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:05 AM

I definitely prefer the look of new grill over the old grill. Hope to see it in person soon.
Posted by: mopargem

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:22 AM

At least it won’t be Mexican anymore...
http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/...co#.WljSNGhOmEd

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By mopargem
At least it won’t be Mexican anymore...
http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/...co#.WljSNGhOmEd

And THAT is GREAT news! up

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:28 AM

Ugh, they seriously put a Ram badge on a Toymotor... looks like it's totally derivative of the Tundra design as some have said. How sad is that?!
Posted by: Charger727

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:39 AM

Did they make the "RAM" letters bigger on the tailgate? I thought they were too small laugh
Posted by: Racer33

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:39 AM

I guess it could have been a lot worse but I'm really disappointed in the looks of that pickup. I should have bought the new one I was looking at a few months ago.
Posted by: Moparnutcase

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:41 AM

Not a fan of this one. My '17 is looking MUCH better now. Hopefully by the time I am ready for another truck they will have re-designed this crapota pile.
Posted by: QuickBpBp

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:44 AM

I think i just puke a little. Glad I bought my 2017 as it's a Great looking vehicle.... I get compliments on it all the time when it's clean....

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:45 AM

ive seen 2017-18 rams for sale in area ram/dodge dealers! boogie drive
Posted by: EV2Bird

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:50 AM

Classic results of cross breeding, even with trucks.
Posted by: a12rag

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:52 AM

I would prefer looking at a new Nissan truck - which is kinda a combination of the Ram & Ford offering . . . who was the designer that changed the grille in 2016 or 17 for the 'pig snout" grille and moved away from the cross hair grille ?!?!? . . .oh well, glad I have my 02 Cummins and 13 1500 !
Posted by: Orange_Crush

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:57 AM

OK, not a fan of the design either (though in this pic it looks better than the original teaser shots, where it looked almost exactly like a Silverado). I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see it anyway. Lots of times, these things look better "in the flesh."

But "Derivative of the Tundra?" I TOTALLY disagree. If anything, the Tundra's design is completely derivative of the 2001-2009 Ram with the 2014-and-up Tundras looking suspiciously like 2010 Rams.

Remember who came first.

At least GM maintained some originality in their (admittedly boring) design.

Toyota may make a great vehicle, but their designers wouldn't know an original idea if it bit them on the a$$.
Posted by: 340SIX

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 12:21 PM

I like the Chevy trucks
Posted by: DAYCLONA

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By Orange_Crush

Remember who came first.

All the love for the 3rd/4th Generation line of Dodge Ram trucks, funny thing is it was actually "penned" in the Ford design studios back in the 80's, and actually rejected by Ford design management for the new 90's Ford line up, the design artist several years later jumped ship to Chrysler and tabled his concept to Dodge...and the re-badged Ford concept was now a 94 Dodge Ram

FWIW, the 3rd/4th gen Dodge trucks are pretty, but it stops there... after the recent RAM "bulldog" front end design, they've gone down the toilet in the styling department
Posted by: KISSAlien

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By 340SIX
I like the Chevy trucks

The new Silverado debuted last month already. I hope nobody was hurt in the accident.
Posted by: ragtopdodge

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 01:01 PM

Ya, I like my 2004 HO the best:

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 01:24 PM

I loved the 1994 Ran 2500 5.9 non gas, Auto with 354 gears 27-28MPG hwy and the Sub 80 Cent Fuel at truck stops. But it is no longer 1994 it is 2018.
Posted by: Sunroofcuda

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 01:33 PM

From the looks of the photo, I'm not liking it. It does look like it cross-bred with a Tundra. The Current Rams are very clean-looking - nicely styled. Gotta see one in person though before I can totally pass judgement. I don't like the grille at all. Let's see what they have done with the interior.
Posted by: chargervert

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By ragtopdodge
Ya, I like my 2004 HO the best:

I agree with that! I have an 05 Ram 2500 4x4 quad cab Cummins diesel truck, like yours, except mine is a 6 foot bed,black and silver. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned bar none.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 03:23 PM

I dont like it either but wait and see what they unveil. It might come with different grilles (like now) and other styling tweaks. Although it wouldn't be the first time Mopar royally screwed up a design.

Praying they dont mess up the Charger and Challenger tsk
Posted by: not_a_charger

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 04:09 PM

LOL the current Ram is so hideous with the giant "RAM" on the grille and gate.
Posted by: mopars4ever

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 04:19 PM

Still looks better then the Toyota but it has moved towards a more generic look.
Posted by: Butterscotch71

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 06:35 PM

Yuck....guess I’ll be keeping my 2015
Posted by: Not_A_Duster

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 07:32 PM

Not a fan.

Seems the stylists at Daimler/Cerubus/Fiat/Whatever They Are Called This Week crap the bed with every second truck redesign.

The 90s styling evolved into a decent look until the early to late 2000s nasty looking bug eyed redesign debuted. That ugliness persisted until the current design which up until the last couple years tweaks was a really nice truck to this olde guy’s eyes.

Mind you, I really have to wonder how much stylists we have to work with the limitations presented by the venerable old pick up. I mean how much can they really restyle 2 boxes until they fall into the ugly over the top look of so many modern passenger cars?

This thing is really too bad, because we are looking at getting a new shop truck, although realistically, how the thing looks is just about last thing we worry about.
Posted by: Supercuda

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 07:45 PM

I heard they were going to bring this monstrosity back

And this was going to be the return of the Dakota

Posted by: Grizzly

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By rrbrucea
Ugh, they seriously put a Ram badge on a Toymotor... looks like it's totally derivative of the Tundra design as some have said. How sad is that?!

It's so bad that it literally looks like you could use the same parts on both trucks.

I am gutted. Kunuskis I bet had something to do with this mess mad

Oh well, I like the changes on the new Wrangler so will be waiting for the upcoming Wrangler Hybrid around 2020.
Posted by: OhioMopar

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By KISSAlien
I like the Chevy trucks

The new Silverado debuted last month already. I hope nobody was hurt in the accident.

At least it doesn't have square wheel openings anymore. puke

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By QuickBpBp
I think i just puke a little. Glad I bought my 2017 as it's a Great looking vehicle.... I get compliments on it all the time when it's clean....

The only thing I'm not liking about the '18's is the implementation of the "RAM" into the grill, more like the Rebel. Bleh. Planning on a new truck at the end of '18, I hope I can still get one without the hideous grill.
Posted by: not_a_charger

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 08:42 PM

Quote:
At least it doesn't have square wheel openings anymore.

I've never understood their fascincation with square qheel openings. It made the 1st gen Avalanche look like garbage, and it really detracted from the Silverado, too. That was kind of an ugly truck anyway, but the wheel openings really made it awful.
Posted by: Neil

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 08:49 PM

New trucks are way the hell too big, and as they have gotten larger they have gotten uglier. How long until you need a CDL to drive one? whistling

Here is my idea of cool looking full size Dodge trucks. Anything larger than these two I honestly don't need.

Anyone notice the new GMC Canyon and Chevy Colorado are growing larger too? Once they get too big and costly they will rob sales from the 1/2 ton trucks and go bye-bye like the Dakota did.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By Θάνατος

And this was going to be the return of the Dakota

Give me the looks of the first one with modern reliability/safety/payload, and I'd be all over it.

Like the looks of the second one even better...but it would be too impractical for hauling tools to the jobsite. thumbs
Posted by: topside

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 09:31 PM

Well, it's certainly unremarkable. Maybe all the styling talent has left the building.
Posted by: Supercuda

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By Not_A_Duster

Give me the looks of the first one with modern reliability/safety/payload, and I'd be all over it.

Like the looks of the second one even better...but it would be too impractical for hauling tools to the jobsite. thumbs

No accounting for taste

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By not_a_charger
Quote:
At least it doesn't have square wheel openings anymore.

I've never understood their fascincation with square qheel openings. It made the 1st gen Avalanche look like garbage, and it really detracted from the Silverado, too. That was kind of an ugly truck anyway, but the wheel openings really made it awful.

Spot on.
Posted by: 69superbee383

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 11:06 PM

I like my low optioned 2017 Express. 5.7 engine 3.92 gears and limited slip. Added Rebel wheels and tires and done.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By Neil
New trucks are way the hell too big, and as they have gotten larger they have gotten uglier. How long until you need a CDL to drive one? whistling

Here is my idea of cool looking full size Dodge trucks. Anything larger than these two I honestly don't need.

Anyone notice the new GMC Canyon and Chevy Colorado are growing larger too? Once they get too big and costly they will rob sales from the 1/2 ton trucks and go bye-bye like the Dakota did.

I love the trucks you posted. The crazy thing to me these days is that the 1/2 tons of today seem to have the same payload capacity of the 3/4 tons of the day.(or even greatly exceed it due to the small rear end and 44 front end on some of the '80's 3/4 tons)

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By 69superbee383
I like my low optioned 2017 Express. 5.7 engine 3.92 gears and limited slip. Added Rebel wheels and tires and done.
Looks good!
eek shock
Posted by: RUNCHARGER

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 11:16 PM

Hmm: Well, I really prefer the look of the GM rather than this new one. I know I'm going to dump my 15 so I'll probably get a leftover 18 in a year or maybe go for a GM. Not crazy about jumping ship but it really is Fiat now, not Chrysler.
Posted by: cudaman1969

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/12/18 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By OhioMopar

I love the trucks you posted. The crazy thing to me these days is that the 1/2 tons of today seem to have the same payload capacity of the 3/4 tons of the day.(or even greatly exceed it due to the small rear end and 44 front end on some of the '80's 3/4 tons)

My 92 3/4 ton could carry twice what my 06 1 ton can carry. No squat at all for the 92, thought the 06 was going to flip over backwards.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By cudaman1969

My 92 3/4 ton could carry twice what my 06 1 ton can carry. No squat at all for the 92, thought the 06 was going to flip over backwards.

What you haul in your trucks has very little to do with the fact that a 2017 1/2 ton with a Hemi is rated to tow almost what a Cummins in '92 was.
'92 Dodge truck literature shows a W250 Club Cab truck's Maximum Trailer Weight Rating, when equipped with the Cummins, is 11,100 lbs GCWR.
2017 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 and 3.92 gear:10,800.
So a 2017 1/2 ton is rated to tow 300 pounds less than a '92 Cummins 5-speed.
Posted by: 360view

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 07:27 AM

I loved the 1994 Ran 2500 5.9 non gas, Auto with 354 gears 27-28MPG hwy and the Sub 80 Cent Fuel at truck stops. But it is no longer 1994 it is 2018.

I agree with above.

I suspect the 1997 Ram 2500 Cummins manual trans was even a bit better.

I would like to see a convoy style MPG test a highway cruise of various years Rams.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 08:05 AM

Couple more
Posted by: Bad340fish

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 09:06 AM

I don't think it is to bad, its not terribly far off from the current model.

I think the first gen cummins would win the convoy mpg test, lighter truck with only 160HP. I had an old beater 92 with 350K miles on it and it seemed like I never had to put fuel in it lol. Of course the speedometer didn't work so I could never measure MPG but it was good!

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 09:39 AM

That 2017 blue Ram Express looks pretty sharp.The adventurer looks better to me then the new ram coming out lol!Adventurers were cool I used to own a 1970 383 4spd one. grin drive
Posted by: Soopernaut

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By Θάνατος

I wish. They'd probably want $30,000 or more for it though.
Posted by: toplescuda

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 10:03 AM

Looks like everyone else’s truck...

6 lug wheels
Posted by: pushbutton

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 10:10 AM

[quote=69superbee383]I like my low optioned 2017 Express. 5.7 engine 3.92 gears and limited slip. Added Rebel wheels and tires and done.
Looks good!

I agree.
Posted by: Silver70

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 10:32 AM

My 01 2500, I can load 3k in the bed and it sits level then... rides better than empty too. Believe it has camper special springs with the extra leaf. If you got a 1 ton that squats that much, then get new springs.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 11:43 AM

No doubt my 15 drives way better than my 70 did. The 70 looks better and doesn't squat like a girl peeing when it hauls a load though. The coil spring (borrowed from old GM trucks) is not worthy of hauling a load.
Apparently the 2500 hauls a load but the 1500's are designed for mall duty.
Posted by: BloFish

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 12:08 PM

Can’t beat the ‘06 in my humble opinion. Just turned 100k this week.
Posted by: DUFFMAN

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 02:26 PM

It's sad, Chrysler used to be the leader when it came to styling now they're just a follower. Looks like we'll be hanging on to our 2015 2500 until the 7th generation comes out.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 02:29 PM

I hear ya,il be hanging onto my 2013 as well. drive
Posted by: RSNOMO

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 02:30 PM

The Chinese refresh will be mind-blowing...
Posted by: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 02:36 PM

I like the new ones, but then again I like the GM Trucks style wise too.
Posted by: Wailin D

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 02:40 PM

As it stands right now, I could not be more disappointed with the new Ram design. They went from the most distinctive, and by far, the best looking truck to a truck that has virtually no real appeal. When the designers started messing around with the guppy (Limited) and chipmunk grills (Rebel), I was afraid that they were going to loose their way. Like most of you I will keep my 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins. Hopefully the designers will take the feedback they receive and make some immediate changes or offer options so the trucks appearance can be improved.
Posted by: MarkM

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 05:13 PM

Damn, tough crowd. I didn't think it looked bad. Uninspired, but not bad. Besides, every truck line is allowed a turd every so often. 97 F150 ring any bells?

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By RS23U1G

Sad, but probably close to the truth...

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By RS23U1G

Sad, but probably close to the truth...

Probably not a bad thing to be owned by a company with more money than they know what to do with for once in their existence. They seem totally fine with making LONG term bets and serious investment.

I was walking car lots back in the summer and came across Volvo. Those things are freaking gorgeous since money-man Geely was handed the reigns.
Posted by: demon

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 07:48 PM

Kind of anticlimactic. All the hype about a new Ram and this is it???
Snoooooze
Posted by: modelmakerinc

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 08:06 PM

The choice of silver is unfortunate, if they had used a dark color it would show the grill, lamps, trim & bumper better and the contrast helps define it new look.

I will hold off judgment til I see it in person

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 08:44 PM

What you haul in your trucks has very little to do with the fact that a 2017 1/2 ton with a Hemi is rated to tow almost what a Cummins in '92 was.
'92 Dodge truck literature shows a W250 Club Cab truck's Maximum Trailer Weight Rating, when equipped with the Cummins, is 11,100 lbs GCWR.
2017 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 and 3.92 gear:10,800.
So a 2017 1/2 ton is rated to tow 300 pounds less than a '92 Cummins 5-speed.

What you tow has to do with the frame, what you carry has to do with the springs. Two different things. Towing capacity means nothing, with enough traction you can pull a train.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/13/18 10:31 PM

What you tow has to do with the frame, what you carry has to do with the springs. Two different things. Towing capacity means nothing, with enough traction you can pull a train.

Still makes no difference to the fact that their capacities are so close. Which is all I said in the first place. I don't think I said once "Hey, someone come add nothing to the conversation while still not disproving what I said in the first place." But here you are. Thanks for that.
Posted by: hergfest

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 01:01 AM

That front end has to have something to do with aerodynamics. No way it be so "smoothed" out.
Posted by: 5thAve

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 03:12 PM

My favorite style was the 2002-08 because 2009s started looking toned down a bit. But the thing in those pics doesn't even look like a Dodge truck anymore. And it's that look that made a lot of sales.
Guess it was only time before they really started screwing up again.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 03:23 PM

Going to look at a new 2017 this week - has the colors & options I would otherwise order. My lease is up on my 2016 Ram in April. Lease deals are not looking good on Rams either, so it may be time to buy a new one. Lots of good rebates going now too. I really don't like the look of the new one in the photo!
Posted by: cudatom

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 03:32 PM

Man thats fugly. Guess I wont be waiting til 2019 for a new
truck. Plenty of good deals on 2017's that dealers still have in stock or even a 2018.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By KISSAlien
I like the Chevy trucks

That looks better than the previous version and sadly better than the Ram update.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 05:22 PM

Ugh: I just hunted down photos of the 19 Chev, nope that isn't going to happen either. It's all good, I am going to buy an 18 Ram within the next year then.
Posted by: bee1971

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 05:26 PM

So what's going to Bee New , about this New Ram ?

Motors

Interior

Frame

Aluminum

What's the latest ?
Posted by: Satilite73

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 06:16 PM

From the back, I can't tell them apart from the 'full size' trucks.

There was a Canyon parked at my Credit Union when the latest version first came out. I parked my '93 Dakota nose to nose with it for comparison. The Canyon looked like a full size truck compared to my Dak.

For what I carry, if, IF I had to buy something new, I'd be looking at Honda's Ridgeline mainly because it hasn't gotten stupid big (yet).
Posted by: GY3

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 07:26 PM

Looks like my '09 isn't going anywhere anytime soon...

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By bee1971
So what's going to Bee New , about this New Ram ?

Motors

Interior

Frame

Aluminum

What's the latest ?

Live feed for press event tomorrow morning

https://livestream.com/FCALive/Ram2018NAIAS

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By 5thAve
My favorite style was the 2002-08 because 2009s started looking toned down a bit. But the thing in those pics doesn't even look like a Dodge truck anymore. And it's that look that made a lot of sales.
Guess it was only time before they really started screwing up again.

I agree. I loved my '06.
Posted by: AdventurerSport

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 08:01 PM

Well...

I had an 04 1500, then traded for an 08 1500, and then bought a new 2011 Ram 1500, and I have held on to this one. This one is the best that I've had (although I really liked the 2004). The '11 rides/drives better.

I'll look forward to checking out the 19 in person, but may end up buying a new 18 to get the "last" of that style, especially if the 19 is not a big improvement (so far, may just be carry over powertrains and options with just new styling). That said, I'll be interested in seeing the announcement and the new features. Supposedly, mild-hybrid, start-stop and other features may be coming...

JS

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 08:34 PM

Eh: Yup, I bet you're right, an 18 is just looking better and better.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/14/18 10:08 PM

Don't understand this need to use the hood from a 1960 dump truck on the new half-tons. As if the 3/4 tons were'nt ugly enough they have to put this "He-Man" crap on a Shopping Mall truck.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 06:18 AM

62 photos

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2018/01/fcas_ram_1500.html

I agree it looks Toyota like.

If there is to be a mild hybrid belt generator, why not a 130 volt battery pack instead of 48 volts? 48 volts was a bad idea 19 years ago, even worse now.

Does that little notch at the center front of the hood have any real aero effect?

FCA should have followed Hyundai and put a removable iPad or Android tablet in the center of the dash. In the future getting that screen repaired only at a dealership will be both a pain and high $.

67 dB coming partly from electronic active noise cancellation will be interesting.

Will the nooks and crannies hold moisture and rust?

I bet the FSM and related manuals total more than 4000 pages.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 07:37 AM

I no longer see any Toyota in it, just aero. They clearly went for fuel mileage with this one.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 07:56 AM

Few more

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 07:59 AM

All-new 2019 Ram 1500 – No Compromise Truck, Leading in Durability, Technology and Efficiency

Engineering

Overall weight reductions totaling nearly 225 pounds net when compared to previous model
New frame features 98 percent high-strength steel to improve durability, weight and rigidity for improved handling
Strongest Ram 1500 ever with most efficient frame in the segment – 100 pounds lighter with 98 percent high-strength steel
Maximum payload increased to 2,300 pounds, and maximum trailer tow to 12,700 pounds
New Ram 1500 is the segment’s most aerodynamic pickup with .357 coefficient of drag and features exclusive active aerodynamics: grille shutters, air dam and air suspension
All-new Frequency Response Damping (FRD) shocks deliver the best combination of ride, handling and comfort in a pickup
Next generation, class-exclusive air suspension enhances fuel efficiency, improves ride, and gives greater off-road capability, load-leveling and entry/exit convenience
Largest front brakes in segment at 14.9 inches and new electric parking brake
New 4x4 Off-road Package includes suspension with one-inch lift, electronic locking rear axle, tuned shocks and Hill-descent Control

Powertrain

2019 Ram 1500 delivers significant gains in fuel efficiency with eTorque mild hybrid system on second generation 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 and legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engines – widest use of mild hybrid technology in the segment
eTorque combines belt-drive motor generator unit with 48-volt battery pack to enable start/stop function, short-term torque assist and brake energy regeneration
eTorque adds up to 90 lb.-ft. of torque to the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 and up to 130 lb.-ft. to the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8
Frame-mounted active tuned mass modules (ATMM) and Active Noise Cancellation in cabin expand use of Fuel Saving Technology cylinder cutoff on 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 and enable quiet cabin at 67.1 db
New generation of TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmissions provide improved efficiency with more powerful control computers
New electronic locking rear differential is standard on 4x4 Off-road Package and Rebel, available on all models
Heat exchanger system now includes industry-first thermal axle to quickly warm rear axle gear oil, maximizing axle during warm-up

Uconnect

All-new 2019 Ram 1500 delivers innovative, state-of-the-art technology with award-winning fourth-generation Uconnect system and class-exclusive, 12-inch reconfigurable touchscreen display featuring split-screen capability for dual-application operation
All-new SiriusXM with 360L personalized listening experience with more variety, smart content, recommendations and thousands of hours of on-demand audio
Fourth-generation Uconnect system SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services delivers advanced in-vehicle connected services, including 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capability
The most powerful audio system ever available in a pickup, Harman Kardon audio system with 19 premium speakers, 900-watt surround sound amplifier, 10-inch subwoofer and active noise cancelation
360-degree Surround View Camera with bird’s-eye perspective of vehicle
New multifunction USB ports and optional integrated wireless charging pad
Available navigation system accommodates one-step, voice-controlled destination entry and enhanced 3-D navigation map graphics
Android Auto and Apple CarPlay enable link with Uconnect 8.4-inch and 12-inch touchscreens

Design

All-new 2019 Ram 1500 gears up for high-end with innovative design, highest quality materials and class-exclusive technology with “unbreakable interlocking” theme for enhanced appearance and aerodynamics
The new face of Ram includes a chiseled Ram’s head logo and “RAM” grilles
Most dramatic differentiation between models across six distinct price classes
All-new full LED Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS), including twin bi-functional projector headlamps, fog lamps and tail lamps
Lighter, longer and wider, including an overall cab length increase of four inches, creating the most spacious interior for additional features and passenger comfort
Nearly 100 percent more storage capacity versus closest competitor at 151.1 liters
First FCA application of 12-inch fully configurable touch screen includes tailor-made graphics for various Ram models
Reimagined center console with 12 different storage configurations offers never-before-seen customization for the most active interior real estate
Second row includes slide reclining seats to eight degrees, a true flat-load floor with integrated RamBins with tie-down rings and expandable under seat storage
All-new switch bank with dedicated toggle switches, wireless charging dock and up to five USBs, including four type C/A ports
Posted by: MI Mopar Works

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 08:07 AM

The blacked out one looks badazz

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By MI Mopar Works

Headlights appear bigger on that one - I am surprised the made different lights, fenders etc for that model. (Unless its just the angle)

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 08:24 AM

More
Posted by: SNK-EYZ

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By MI Mopar Works

Headlights appear bigger on that one - I am surprised the made different lights, fenders etc for that model. (Unless its just the angle)

I think that only the headlights are different, not the opening for them.
They don't have the chrome trim so on the light so they look larger but fill the same space.
Posted by: Blusmbl

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 09:09 AM

I think both GM and Ram took steps back with their 2019 trucks. Those grilles aren't inspiring on either of them. Rest of it looks fine.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 11:24 AM

Seems like just a "refresh" of the existing product, nothing "really" new here . . .bigger interior touch screen ?? Android Auto/Apple Carplay - just what others have had for a few years now . . . of course, they are going to up the price huge I bet !

And making a big truck EVEN bigger ?!?!? . . . does that mean they are going to bring back the Dakota ??? Look at GM with the Canyon & Colorado again, and now Ford with the Ranger . . . hmmmmm, do we see a pattern ????

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 11:39 AM

That eTorque is one heck of a good idea. twocents

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By a12rag
Seems like just a "refresh" of the existing product, nothing "really" new here . . .bigger interior touch screen ?? Android Auto/Apple Carplay - just what others have had for a few years now . . . of course, they are going to up the price huge I bet !

And making a big truck EVEN bigger ?!?!? . . . does that mean they are going to bring back the Dakota ??? Look at GM with the Canyon & Colorado again, and now Ford with the Ranger . . . hmmmmm, do we see a pattern ????

New frame, new soft hybrid system (standard on the V-6) that adds 90 Lb-ft of torque on the V-6 and 135 Lb-ft on the 5.7, new sheetmetal, 12,700 pound towing capacity (up 2,300 pounds from last year and pushing well into half-ton truck range), new 2,300 pound payload.

The interior is pretty much all new, but still looks like the old one...and why shouldn't it? It's a great interior. Personally, I think a 12" touchscreen is a bit much, but now that Tesla's taking the "mine's bigger" approach to touchscreens, I figure that's the way things are gonna go.

The way I see it, other than the looks (which I's still reserving judgement on) they have kept pretty much everything that's right and improved some stuff that needed improving.

As far as small trucks go, if the new Ford Ranger is successful, I can see them offering some version of the Fiat Fullback here in the USA.
Posted by: Guitar Jones

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 12:09 PM

I had been thinking of a new truck...I now think I will keep my old junk.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 12:31 PM

I forgot to add...there is also a 10% fuel mileage improvement over the previous model.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 12:35 PM

Looks like they shared front end design ideas with the Ford Ranger

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 12:45 PM

There is also the Fiat Toro, based on the Jeep product . . . so maybe smaller pick up is in the offing ????

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By Butterscotch71

Yeah, I definitely see the resemblance.

I can understand the dilemma that a designer in this field has. In the early nineties, Dodge went (comparatively) outlandish with the big-rig design. Now, as evidenced by the new Silverado and the "'63 Lincoln" Ford Superduty...not to mention the bizarre "2005 F150 under a heat lamp" look of the new Nissan Titan. Outlandish full-size truck design is now kinda the norm. So does Dodge go REALLY crazy and risk alienating a TON of people, or do they go somewhat more conservative and risk alienating few people.

It's a tough call.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 02:25 PM

I like the current sheetmetal sides of the Rams - not as much on the new design. Looks like they flared-out the rear bedsides some - like the Raptor a little. I'm not crazy about it.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 02:29 PM

Doubt it - there can only be so many ways to skin a cat (make a truck aerodynamic while still resembling a truck)
Posted by: MarkM

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 02:57 PM

I can't be the only guy looking at that list of features and wondering how much it must cost to fix when it breaks.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 03:16 PM

Would look better with color painted grill
Posted by: 6bblgt

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By MarkM
I can't be the only guy looking at that list of features and wondering how much it must cost to fix when it breaks.

you don't fix it after warranty - you trade it in on a "NEW" one whistling
Posted by: RobG

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 03:42 PM

The Free Press articles describes the 2019 RAM's new Uconnect system -

•All-new 2019 Ram 1500 delivers innovative technology with award-winning fourth-generation Uconnect system and class-exclusive, 12-inch reconfigurable touchscreen display featuring split-screen capability for dual-application operation
•All-new SiriusXM with 360L personalized listening experience with more variety, smart content, recommendations and thousands of hours of on-demand audio
•Fourth-generation Uconnect system SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services delivers advanced in-vehicle connected services, including 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capability
•The most powerful audio system ever available in a pickup, Harman Kardon audio system with 19 premium speakers, 900-watt surround sound amplifier, 10-inch subwoofer and active noise cancelation
•360-degree Surround View Camera with bird’s-eye perspective of vehicle
•New multifunction USB ports and optional integrated wireless charging pad
•Available navigation system accommodates one-step, voice-controlled destination entry and enhanced 3-D navigation map graphics
•Android Auto and Apple CarPlay enable link with Uconnect 8.4-inch and 12-inch touchscreens

Many of the connected services and voice controls have been on Garmin portable navigation systems for the past 5-years...........

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 04:07 PM

" Don't touch that dial" I want my shifter back! I'm NOT tuning a radio.
Posted by: EV2DEMON

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 04:16 PM

Have you driven a Ram with the 8 speed? My wife's car is equipped with a similar rotary shifter and though I don't regularly drive it, it's really not that big of a deal to use.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 04:23 PM

My 8 speed SRT Challenger has a shifter

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 04:26 PM

I can tell you that stereo system is total junk. It's was a 2k option on the hellcat. And I promise you the factory system in my 14 ram is waaaay.. better. It's not just me. As many on the hellcat forum complain because the
Harman pardon sucks
Wonder how the birds eye view camera will work. Must be like image on the nav. As can't be a actual view of the real truck
Posted by: Southern Wolf

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 04:30 PM

I have had 2 trucks with the dial and I like it.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 04:32 PM

My 8 speed SRT Challenger has a shifter

Like the shifter in your challenger, the rotary dial has no mechanical connection to the transmission. Also, like the Challenger, the transmission can be shifted manually. There are button on the steering wheel to allow you to do that.

WAY less awkward than trying to deal with a column mounted shifter.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 04:39 PM

My 13 has the 8 speed with the rotary shift knob . . . and the buttons on the steering wheel - just something to get used to . . . not as intuitive as the shifter you can bang left or right for gear changes (like my 06 Magnum) . . . .

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 04:43 PM

My 13 has the 8 speed with the rotary shift knob . . . and the buttons on the steering wheel - just something to get used to . . . not as intuitive as the shifter you can bang left or right for gear changes (like my 06 Magnum) . . . .

Oh man, I had a problem with that left-right autostick shifter ever since it first showed up in the 90s. Shifting left and right was completely counterintuitive for me.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By Southern Wolf
I have had 2 trucks with the dial and I like it.

I've had 2 trucks now with the dial & I HATE it! You cannot "feel" your gear select like you can with a column shifter or a good floor shifter. You have to look at it. On my 2014 I discovered how bad the new dial shifter is. I was doing a U-turn on a 2/2 busy road & got almost all the way around & came to the curb, necessitating a quick shift to reverse, then drive again. Had to take my eyes off the road to see where the gear select was every time I needed to shift. In a panic like this (I had traffic starting to bear down on me) I guarantee you will shift into park & neutral several times - which I DID! THIS was the moment I realized the knob shifter was crap!
Posted by: WO23Coronet

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 04:49 PM

That blacked out one looks really nice!!! I like the style overall
Posted by: WO23Coronet

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 05:18 PM

What I’m looking forward to is when the tuners learn how to unlock the etorque feature so it’s adding its sweet 130 lb-ft of torque always, not just when it decides
Posted by: hemiviper588

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 05:47 PM

This truck IS all new, not the refresh some folks thought it would be...I like the interior, nice upgrade!

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 06:02 PM

I really don't like the dial shifter. Not because it's a dial, but because it looks like it was added as an after thought.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 06:07 PM

Review of the 12 inch center touch screen

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/15/16892836/ram-1500-carplay-android-auto-detroit-show-2018

Sample quote

It’s also just about as responsive as the one that Tesla uses, which is to say it’s not particularly speedy or accurate. It’s easy to swipe or tap so fast that the system doesn’t keep up so well, multitouch inputs are hit or miss, and at least one of the trucks on the show floor already suffered a pretty bad bug that slid the menu icons down “below” the viewing area. Hey, at least there are still plenty of physical controls surrounding the screen.
End quote

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By hemiviper588
This truck IS all new, not the refresh some folks thought it would be...I like the interior, nice upgrade!

Only thing its missing is a revised hemi with about 420hp

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 07:17 PM

Why? It tows 2300 pounds more than before, it weighs 250 pounds less, the engine is a great engine that puts out plenty of horsepower, and with etorque, you're up to 540 LbFt of torque. Not too shabby.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By 360view
Review of the 12 inch center touch screen

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/15/16892836/ram-1500-carplay-android-auto-detroit-show-2018

Sample quote

It’s also just about as responsive as the one that Tesla uses, which is to say it’s not particularly speedy or accurate. It’s easy to swipe or tap so fast that the system doesn’t keep up so well, multitouch inputs are hit or miss, and at least one of the trucks on the show floor already suffered a pretty bad bug that slid the menu icons down “below” the viewing area. Hey, at least there are still plenty of physical controls surrounding the screen.
End quote

Pre-production display models...doesnt concern me. Plenty of uconnect cars in my family with no issues, so I'm not worried. Uconnect is a huge selling point for them...rest assured it'll work when these things hit the market.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 07:30 PM

What crap does that say?

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 07:33 PM

Why? It tows 2300 pounds more than before, it weighs 250 pounds less, the engine is a great engine that puts out plenty of horsepower, and with etorque, you're up to 540 LbFt of torque. Not too shabby.

I hear you but the 5.7 is due for an update soon, its a wonder why they didn't debut it in the new truck.
Posted by: HEMIDOG 70

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By toplescuda
What crap does that say?

I think it says Rebel.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 08:05 PM

The black one with the black grill looks better because it hides that ugly over size grill.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 08:06 PM

Still makes no difference to the fact that their capacities are so close. Which is all I said in the first place. I don't think I said once "Hey, someone come add nothing to the conversation while still not disproving what I said in the first place." But here you are. Thanks for that.

Not adding anything that was not already said wrong, capacity means nothing, just dealer hogwash.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 08:07 PM

What crap does that say?

It stands for "R"alph. Then, "LoL". Then, "L"augh a bit more.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 08:31 PM

OMG, just saw the other thread on "your new truck" the Chevy is vomit on ice. Holt cap the Dodge is a decent looking design that I think with a little body color on segments of the grill will make it very good looking mostly compared to the chebby

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 08:44 PM

Doubt it - there can only be so many ways to skin a cat (make a truck aerodynamic while still resembling a truck)

I was being sarcastic...didn’t think they actually collaborated with Ford
Posted by: A12

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 10:06 PM

What crap does that say?

[img]http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenan...amp;o=f&l=f[/img]

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 10:24 PM

Actually: That black version does look good. Maybe I won't panic after all.
Posted by: A12

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By RUNCHARGER
Actually: That black version does look good. Maybe I won't panic after all.

MSN has over 100 images of the RAM trucks.... Click Here for RAM
Posted by: 300by500

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/15/18 11:04 PM

The new stuff all looks the same.

I miss my Crew Cab.

Posted by: RapidusMaximus

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 05:39 AM

I like it and will probably make one a retirement present to...ME! grin up

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 06:47 AM

With the previous 5.7 MDS system if you were at 40% power highway cruise it would cut out half the cylinders and run the remaining half at 80% power to reduce intake pumping lsses and enable the remaining hot cylinders to have less power robbing ring seal leakage pressure loss.

With the mild hybrid system giving an extra 130 ft-lbs for a few minutes until the 48 volt battery pack drains down,
I would expect the rear differential gearing to now be numerically lower
so that you get even more MPG gain on flat and downhill highway sections,
then the motor generator system to kick in to climb modest hills.

The lower highway RPM might also help create the quiet 67 dB cab.

0.35 coefficient of aero drag is pretty good compared to the 0.42 of the 2wd 1994 body.
I hope the square feet of frontal area did not go up, negating part of that better Cd number.
I wonder if most of the smooth flow improvement is from changes underneath that pictures have not shown yet.
Posted by: RoadRunner

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 08:18 AM

I do like the interior. External styling getting a little blah, but not hideous. I like body colored grill and bumpers like the old Sport models used to have.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 08:43 AM

So if this 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 mild hybrid costs $43,000 cash

what is your vote for the equivalent cash value of a rust free 2016 5.7 Ram?

What is the equivalent cash value of a nearly rust free 2001 1500 5.9V8 Ram?

What is the equivalent cash value of a nearly rust free
1997 2500 Ram Cummins 12V 5.9I6 ?

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 09:10 AM

Can't stand the "pre dented" look of the doors! puke Does the 2500-3500 still have a stalk shifter? shruggy

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By Rhinodart
Can't stand the "pre dented" look of the doors! puke Does the 2500-3500 still have a stalk shifter? shruggy

the existing 2500/3500 is going to carry on for another year as is and will be replaced in 2020.
Posted by: KingTuna

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 11:19 AM

I wonder how reliable the e-torque system will be. I'm not a fan of the start/stop systems, and don't know how I feel about e-torque either. Hopefully you can get a hemi without it.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By KingTuna
I wonder how reliable the e-torque system will be. I'm not a fan of the start/stop systems, and don't know how I feel about e-torque either. Hopefully you can get a hemi without it.

You can. It's an option on the Hemi. It's standard on the V-6.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By 6bblgt
Originally Posted By MarkM

you don't fix it after warranty - you trade it in on a "NEW" one whistling

Or, buy the Chrysler Extended Warranty and pay just $100...:)

JS

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 12:29 PM

The way that it reads, only on fleet and base model trucks (Hemi w/o Hybrid system). Sounds like it will be standard on higher models. That said, you can still shut off the "Start-Stop" feature (I see the button in the interior shots).

JS

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By AdventurerSport

The way that it reads, only on fleet and base model trucks (Hemi w/o Hybrid system). Sounds like it will be standard on higher models. That said, you can still shut off the "Start-Stop" feature (I see the button in the interior shots).

JS

If it's like the Jeeps, you have to hit the button disabling the stop/start every time you get in (it doesn't remember the setting when you turn off the vehicle).

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 01:22 PM

JS

If it's like the Jeeps, you have to hit the button disabling the stop/start every time you get in (it doesn't remember the setting when you turn off the vehicle).

Same BS with the overdrive, it should be "off" all the time and only "on" when needed, totally backwards of what it should be. twocents

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 02:58 PM

JS

Yes, probably true.

JS

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 03:14 PM

Same BS with the overdrive, it should be "off" all the time and only "on" when needed, totally backwards of what it should be. twocents

laugh2

Dang young whipper-snappers and their over-drive nonsense! Next thing ya know they gonna expect everything have cruise-control. rant

Awful testy when it in comes to that block of mush between the ring gear and drive-shaft, aint ya? laugh2

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By Grizzly

Awful testy when it in comes to that block of mush between the ring gear and drive-shaft, aint ya? laugh2

It only becomes a block of mush AFTER Rhino drives it! biggrin

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 06:37 PM

Does look better w/the grille body colored:

[img]https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tena...amp;o=f&l=f[/img]
Posted by: HotRodDave

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 08:30 PM

the bed side is ANOTHER inch and a half higher? This is getting absolutly rediculous! I feel like I am climbing a mountain already to get stuff in and out of my truck 11 ram bed, witch I do a ton of and it usually aint very light. PLEASE BRING BACK A DAKOTA! Make it about the size of the 97-04 stuff a 5.7 and 6 speed in it. Getting real tired of the stupid truck makers trying to compete with battle ships for truck size and bizzilion speed autos that have no clue when to shift.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 09:00 PM

Shaker testing - looks pretty brutal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCn2Vsdz4O8&t=0s

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 10:02 PM

Got 6 weeks to go and it already looks like the front bumper is trying to fall off

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/16/18 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By HotRodDave
Got 6 weeks to go and it already looks like the front bumper is trying to fall off

Its supposed to do that. Frame flexes under those conditions. Bumber is hard mounted to the frame, body panels move around. If it didn"t do that, the truck would fall apart under any condition more harsh than a perfectly smooth road.
Posted by: Runner2go

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/17/18 01:45 AM

Few more

Yeah, that TV screen on the dash won't be distracting at all... rolleyes
Especially at night. whistling

Glad I went out west to find a rust free '03 2500 H.O. a few years back, as I'm gonna have it a while.
Posted by: MoparPosterChild

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/17/18 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By Runner2go
Few more

Yeah, that TV screen on the dash won't be distracting at all... rolleyes
Especially at night. whistling

Glad I went out west to find a rust free '03 2500 H.O. a few years back, as I'm gonna have it a while.

Actually I have a Tesla with an even bigger screen and it’s no distraction at all.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/17/18 06:29 AM

Looking through pages of released images, I came across these which have a larger headlamp and the chrome trim across the bottom of the lamps is gone, I hope it is for the bighorn or express, middle trim level truck.

Because I think this grill really makes the truck look good.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/17/18 06:42 AM

Grill for the higher trim level?

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/17/18 10:01 AM

the bed side is ANOTHER inch and a half higher? This is getting absolutly rediculous! I feel like I am climbing a mountain already to get stuff in and out of my truck 11 ram bed, witch I do a ton of and it usually aint very light. PLEASE BRING BACK A DAKOTA! Make it about the size of the 97-04 stuff a 5.7 and 6 speed in it. Getting real tired of the stupid truck makers trying to compete with battle ships for truck size and bizzilion speed autos that have no clue when to shift.

Yeah, that's a Ford idea, really disappointed when I seen that: ruins the look of the truck and makes everything look humongous back there. 20" wheels used to stand out, now they are lost to miles of sheet metal.

And no point to it: no one puts anything back there anyway and they have less reason now that they need a step-ladder and a helper to load the stupid thing. mad

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/17/18 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By modelmakerinc
Looking through pages of released images, I came across these which have a larger headlamp and the chrome trim across the bottom of the lamps is gone, I hope it is for the bighorn or express, middle trim level truck.

Because I think this grill really makes the truck look good.

The top pic of the red truck, that grille looks great !!! No need for the "pig snout" with the two chrome trim rings on either side of "RAM" . . .

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/17/18 02:35 PM

Still don't like it..even the steering wheel looks bad,looks bloated!lol! drive
Posted by: GOLDMYN

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/17/18 03:03 PM

Tow hooks are back? My 2017 doesn't have them.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/17/18 03:10 PM

Many of the "City" pickups I have seen have spotless beds like as in nobody has ever put anything in them. No trailer hitch setup as they don't own a trailer either. Not sure if half the people here who have them really need a pickup for anything if they were honest with themselves.

Scary is watching some 5'-1" tall women drive their man's new monster sized truck around a tight parking lot.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/17/18 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By GOLDMYN
Tow hooks are back? My 2017 doesn't have them.

My 2015 does. It depends if you have an off road package or not.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/17/18 06:15 PM

The higher cargo box sides supposedly improve aero slightly.

Judging from past Honda Ridgelines and Chevy Avalanches,
what the aero needs is higher bed sides near the rear window,
perhaps to trap a larger diameter horizontal wind tornado vortex inside the cargo box.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 01:07 PM

I totally understand the higher bed for aero but you are making the truck useless as a truck when I need to pick a cylinder head out from the side of the truck and I already have to balance on my belly or get a step ladder to get in the tailgate... I would bet real money that mod alone don't give 1/10th of an MPG improvement, they could have found it somewhere else if it was that important like perhaps a full belly pan or something. Another thing about it is I can barely see my car trailer already behind my 2011, it totally dissapears when I am backing perfectly straight up or pulling it down the highway.

I think the real reason the trucks are getting so big is the engineers are compensating for something, thats the only possible reason for them to get this big.

Another more logical solution would be to come out with a suburban sized SUV so people are not buying a mega truck to haul a crew in. I am still in shock and awe that the big SUV boom has been going on for 20+ years and dodge still has not come out with one thing for that market, they are missing a huge pile o money there. Keep the truck at it's current size or even a smidge smaller and watch it suck a huge chunk of buyers from ferd and chubby sick of the current titanic sizing trend.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 01:19 PM

.. I would bet real money that mod alone don't give 1/10th of an MPG improvement, they could have found it somewhere else if it was that important like perhaps a full belly pan or something. Another thing about it is I can barely see my car trailer already behind my 2011, it totally dissapears when I am backing perfectly straight up or pulling it down the highway.

I think the real reason the trucks are getting so big is the engineers are compensating for something, thats the only possible reason for them to get this

I agree those higher rails cannot affect aero very much.

The frontal area of this new truck looks bigger.

I wonder if there are any vortex generators hidden on this model.
VG swirls aimed at the outside rear view mirrors are showing up. (Nissan, Toyota)
VG in the back brake light lens to stabilize the horizontal tornado behind the tailgate.

Could a new split tailgate allow some airflow leakage that would be beneficial to aero?

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 01:53 PM

Tow hooks are usually on a real truck, which is a 2500 or bigger. tonguue What really surprises me is that the infotainment center is not an iPad that is removable so you can take it to the Starbucks with you... eyes

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 01:56 PM

the bed side is ANOTHER inch and a half higher? This is getting absolutly rediculous! I feel like I am climbing a mountain already to get stuff in and out of my truck 11 ram bed, witch I do a ton of and it usually aint very light.

Yeah - imagine that would be a joy with our business' service topper mounted on it. (A topper with side access doors to access tool/parts compartments.)

Interior may look pretty, but I question how well it would stand up to a typical job site. Trucks have continue to move away from being work vehicles, and further towards eunuch-mobiles...

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 02:01 PM

the bed side is ANOTHER inch and a half higher? This is getting absolutly rediculous! I feel like I am climbing a mountain already to get stuff in and out of my truck 11 ram bed, witch I do a ton of and it usually aint very light.

Yeah - imagine that would be a joy with our business' service topper mounted on it. (A topper with side access doors to access tool/parts compartments.)

Interior may look pretty, but I question how well it would stand up to a typical job site. Trucks have continue to move away from being work vehicles, and further towards eunuch-mobiles...

Ever seen the inside of a Tradesman? The "work trucks" from Ram, GM, Ford, and even Toyota are built with hard use in mind. Don't let the luxury of the high-end models fool you. Plenty of fleets buy these things to work 'em hard and they have to be able to stand up to the abuse.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 02:19 PM

My 2105 is a Tradesman with rubber floor mat, shifter stalk, and am/fm radio just like god intended it... up

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 02:21 PM

Making the bed sides taller adds weight which would wash the minuscule mpg increase away.

If they really cared about aero they'd bring back the Daytona wing. Think of the fun you'd have trying to do work with a pickup that has bed sides up to your armpits and a goofy aero wing right over the tailgate laugh

Posted by: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 03:34 PM

Making the bed sides taller adds weight which would wash the minuscule mpg increase away.

If they really cared about aero they'd bring back the Daytona wing. Think of the fun you'd have trying to do work with a pickup that has bed sides up to your armpits and a goofy aero wing right over the tailgate laugh

Still my favourite truck and colour. I think I would still want a quad cab though. I really don't need a new truck so I won't be looking at the 2019s for quite some time. You guys carry on though....makes for good reading.

Dave

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 04:05 PM

Ever seen the inside of a Tradesman? The "work trucks" from Ram, GM, Ford, and even Toyota are built with hard use in mind. Don't let the luxury of the high-end models fool you. Plenty of fleets buy these things to work 'em hard and they have to be able to stand up to the abuse.

Yeah - That’s the way our 2008 SXT is set up.

Trouble is, try to find one on a lot. They don’t exist unless you are ordering a fleet... At least around here.
Posted by: 72N96RR

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 04:12 PM

why do they continue to put such large badging on the tailgate?? the huge RAM was bad enough but that huge ram head is even worse..

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 04:14 PM

Trouble is, try to find one on a lot. They don’t exist unless you are ordering a fleet... At least around here.

That's surprising...and unfortunate since you can't just come down here and buy a truck.

There are several dealerships around here that advertise themselves as "work truck headquarters" or some BS like that and they sell tons of work trucks.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 06:44 PM

I think the real reason the trucks are getting so big is the engineers are compensating for something, thats the only possible reason for them to get this big.

It's highly unlikely the reason pick-ups (note all makes are getting bigger) are getting bigger is because an engineer (see how silly the singular is) decided to make them that way. What is making them bigger is safety regulations and market demand.

If you notice all vehicles are getting bigger,not just pick-ups. This is due to the need for more room for more equipment, largely tech and safety. Things like power everything, computers, wiring, 12" infotainment screens, 12 air bags, etc all this stuff takes up space and the more you add the more space you need. Pretty simple really.

BTW nice inferiority complex you have going there.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By DUFFMAN

BTW nice inferiority complex you have going there.

laugh2

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/18/18 08:24 PM

Then order one

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/19/18 07:03 AM

FCA advertising writes that 250 lbs was taken out with parts redesign.

The motor generator, wiring and 48 volt lithium battery added weight, and I wonder how much.

Perhaps the bigger brakes added a lb or two also.

Quit griping about the siderail height.
The Chinese now have an operation where they break both your legs,
attach screw jack jigs to each,
and stretch the healing bones each day until the legs are 4 inches longer.
A quite reasonable technical fix such as this is available for a fraction of the cost of this new pickup.

smile

I ain’t pulling your leg.....
Posted by: GOLDMYN

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/19/18 09:50 AM

I've got a 2017 and I like just about everything, just wonder why there isn't an SRT engine option

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/19/18 10:25 AM

Looks like there might be an SRT option with the Rebel having 7:07 on the radio.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/19/18 12:17 PM

Looks like there might be an SRT option with the Rebel having 7:07 on the radio.

I don't remember where I saw it, but there is a picture floating around of an engine compartment with a Hellcat engine and the airbox clearly says "RAM" on it.
Posted by: KISSAlien

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/19/18 12:18 PM

The Rebel wasn't the only one to have it.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/19/18 12:31 PM

I don't remember where I saw it, but there is a picture floating around of an engine compartment with a Hellcat engine and the airbox clearly says "RAM" on it.

Ram Rebel TRX concept.
Posted by: Bad340fish

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/19/18 01:01 PM

I think the rebel TRX deal actually had the power dialed down a little to 600-650?
Posted by: 69superbee383

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/19/18 09:15 PM

I wanted a 2500 Power Wagon. It reality set in. I use 4x4 mainly on the beach and occasional snow here. I work EMS so I have to go out in whatever comes up. I tow cars about 5 times a year and haul motorcycles in the bed and law crap. The best price I could get on the PW was 47k. My 1500 Express came in at 32k. I added Rebel wheels and tires for 200 bucks plus my 20 inch chromies and was done. I just could not justify an extra 15 k.
Posted by: 6bblFLASH

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/20/18 08:25 AM

Looks a lot like a ForYotaCheverlay

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/20/18 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By 69superbee383
I wanted a 2500 Power Wagon. It reality set in. I use 4x4 mainly on the beach and occasional snow here. I work EMS so I have to go out in whatever comes up. I tow cars about 5 times a year and haul motorcycles in the bed and law crap. The best price I could get on the PW was 47k. My 1500 Express came in at 32k. I added Rebel wheels and tires for 200 bucks plus my 20 inch chromies and was done. I just could not justify an extra 15 k.

My wife has a 2015 Power Wagon SLT and that's about what we paid for it. We looked at 1500 Laramies and they were about the same price. My wife decided she wanted the Power Wagon more than all the luxuries so that's what we bought. It's pretty much just a toy anyway. My wife has a long commute so she's got a little Lancer she drives daily.

The real advantage to the Power Wagon over the 1500 Laramie is resale. While the Laramie is just another 1500 the Power Wagon is something special and will hold its value longer.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/24/18 11:38 AM

Then order one

Oh, jeez thanks....never thought of that..... rolleyes

As mentioned earlier: No-one here has any interest in helping you with less than a fleet of base-model work trucks in any way. Unless of course you want to submit to anal raping via freight and other delivery/destination fees....which funny enough push the cost near to that of the poodle trucks already on the lot.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/25/18 06:32 PM

I've come to a realization about this subject now, for whatever it's worth. Looking at all these photos of the other new trucks, and seeing other trucks on the road made me realize we've entered a new era in truck design.

No longer is it smooth and clean, nicely sculpted forms like my '14 Ram.

Nope, now it's all overly busy, over wrought designs with all the chrome geegaws and doodads you can hang on them.

Have you looked at a Tundra? Perfect example. That new Chevy front end takes it to it's horrific extreme. And just what is it with that line atop the Chevy's fender that takes a dive at the outside mirror and bisects the door? How does that add anything to a cohesive design?

The big, garish vents on the fenders of a PowerChoke are another perfect example.

Face it, I must be getting old. grin The artist in me just can't find much to love in the design of these new trucks. But then I grew up with examples of design like the Jaguar D-Type and E-Type, the flawless muscle car shape of the '69 Super Bee, the sculpture that is a ‘68 to ‘70 Charger, the Avanti, the Challenger and the Cuda of 1970, the '63 Lincoln Continental, the original Ferrari GTO, shoot, even the '71 Road Runner I had. I could go on...

I must have now officially aged out. I'm keeping my '14. It really will be the last new vehicle I ever buy. Not just from a design standpoint of course, but a practical one as well.

Posted by: Soopernaut

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/26/18 09:03 AM

And just what is it with that line atop the Chevy's fender that takes a dive at the outside mirror and bisects the door? How does that add anything to a cohesive design?

When I see that character line, I'm reminded of the 68-69 Buick Skylark.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/26/18 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By Soopernaut
And just what is it with that line atop the Chevy's fender that takes a dive at the outside mirror and bisects the door? How does that add anything to a cohesive design?

When I see that character line, I'm reminded of the 68-69 Buick Skylark.

Yeah, but that character line flowed along the whole length of the car... that makes more sense to me. Your mileage may vary...

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/26/18 10:21 AM

Then order one

Oh, jeez thanks....never thought of that..... rolleyes

As mentioned earlier: No-one here has any interest in helping you with less than a fleet of base-model work trucks in any way. Unless of course you want to submit to anal raping via freight and other delivery/destination fees....which funny enough push the cost near to that of the poodle trucks already on the lot.

Why are you this wound-up over a truck that you aren't even buying but your employer is? Give it a rest man.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/26/18 11:14 AM

Why are you this wound-up over a truck that you aren't even buying but your employer is? Give it a rest man.

Well, seeing as you asked:

First: I'm the guy who has to live with the impracticality of modern truck design. The high bed height and box sides are not only impractical and hard on my olde body, but climbing 3 feet in and out the back of a truck with a load of tools and supplies takes longer and reduces productivity on the jobsite.

Second: We are a small business with only a couple vehicles that operates on tight margins. So when we make an investment in a shop vehicle, we must get many years of trouble free service from it - we can't afford to be replacing it as soon as the warranty period runs out, or experience excessive downtime due to repairs. Flimsy plastic interiors and superfluous electronics run contrary to that. Our Jeep Patriot sat in the shop for three days waiting for a new u-connect/infotainment/gps (under warranty) during which time it wasn't out on the road doing sales calls making us money.

Third: I along with a partner own the company.... So I'm the guy signing the cheque for whatever we end up buying.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/26/18 12:16 PM

I think everyone has lived with a work vehicle that we wish was better!
Back in the day, I was so happy that we were getting a New Van.
It was so nice to have a New Van! We were driving trash.
The boss was cheap and got us a new Chevy, while no A/C but had heat. White Dog Dishes, 3 on the tree, and a 250 six. It had an A/M radio he wanted to have taken out t0 save $ so they gave it to him free.
It was Chevy Van but had a rear door with GMC on it. All other things were Bow Tie in on it.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/26/18 02:37 PM

It was Chevy Van but had a rear door with GMC on it. All other things were Bow Tie in on it.

This must have been the eighties. That sounds like typical 80s GM quality control.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/26/18 03:00 PM

This must have been the eighties. That sounds like typical 80s GM quality control.

Yepper And the GMC dealer wanted more $ so he got the Chevy.
Right before the warranty ran out. The Shift Rods got bent up. They fixed it free. He did that in just one hour or 2. We let him use it to run and get something. After that we Dad and I Were the only ones to drive it. Then right after fixed just driving it, the tube broke. I kid you not! I think it was the idiot who worked with us messed it up trying to get the rods free. Again! The only day he used it. So you could no longer shift it. It ended up with a long Truck shifter made by Hurst with round 3-speed ball. lol
After a million miles it was traded in on a Van with 305 and 3 speed on the tree.
Bare bones like they should make now in vans and trucks
Posted by: racerx20

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/26/18 03:04 PM

My mom purchased a 2015 Durango new and it had one Durango door sill plate and one grand Cherokee door sill plate.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/26/18 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By racerx20

My mom purchased a 2015 Durango new and it had one Durango door sill plate and one grand Cherokee door sill plate.

Uhhh...dyslexic final inspection tech? One in a million. Never happen twice.

uh...

GM SUCKS!!!

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/26/18 10:53 PM

Refreshing or Revolting...

http://www.motortrend.com/news/refreshing-or-revolting-2019-ram-1500/
Posted by: Morty426

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/26/18 11:23 PM

Uhhh...dyslexic final inspection tech? One in a million. Never happen twice.

uh...

GM SUCKS!!!

Same guy must have been working in 99. While looking for a new truck I found a W2500 CTD with a leather door panel on one side and a Cloth panel on the other side. Kind of hard to miss.
Posted by: Morty426

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/26/18 11:25 PM

First: I'm the guy who has to live with the impracticality of modern truck design. The high bed height and box sides are not only impractical and hard on my olde body, but climbing 3 feet in and out the back of a truck with a load of tools and supplies takes longer and reduces productivity on the jobsite.

Second: We are a small business with only a couple vehicles that operates on tight margins. So when we make an investment in a shop vehicle, we must get many years of trouble free service from it - we can't afford to be replacing it as soon as the warranty period runs out, or experience excessive downtime due to repairs. Flimsy plastic interiors and superfluous electronics run contrary to that. Our Jeep Patriot sat in the shop for three days waiting for a new u-connect/infotainment/gps (under warranty) during which time it wasn't out on the road doing sales calls making us money.

Third: I along with a partner own the company.... So I'm the guy signing the cheque for whatever we end up buying.

LOL

Even I know Not_A_Duster is his own boss. smile
Posted by: DirectSubjection

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/27/18 10:03 PM

To each his own, but I like the looks of them up

Much better looking than the new F350 a client bought, terrible headlights.

Bighorn edition at the Philly auto show today

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/27/18 10:04 PM

Limited
Posted by: RTSrunner

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/27/18 10:15 PM

Not digging the chromed up front,looks much better & less bulky painted.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/27/18 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By RTSrunner
Not digging the chromed up front,looks much better & less bulky painted.

Agreed. I don't mind the Sport models nearly as much as the versions with a lot of chrome. I could do without the name in the grill, though. Everyone should already know what it is??

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/27/18 10:51 PM

Much better look with the Bighorn front end treatment, the chrome is just gaudy... puke

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/28/18 07:53 AM

Sad comment on the design that most of us are talking about how we can tolerate the painted front a little more because it deemphasizes the styling...
Posted by: DaveRS23

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/28/18 10:35 AM

So, at the Philly auto show, you could actually touch the new truck. We went to the St Louis Auto Show yesterday and the '19 Ram was on a pedestal and was out of reach.

My first reaction to it was that you could have parked it in the GM booth and nobody would have noticed that it was a different brand.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/28/18 10:42 AM

All paint and no chrome does look better but the trucks still a ford/toyota/ram mess. twocents

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/28/18 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By DaveRS23
So, at the Philly auto show, you could actually touch the new truck. We went to the St Louis Auto Show yesterday and the '19 Ram was on a pedestal and was out of reach.

My first reaction to it was that you could have parked it in the GM booth and nobody would have noticed that it was a different brand.

The Bighorn was on a display but the limited was on the floor for climbing around. I like the slow-drop tailgate

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/28/18 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By DirectSubjection
The Bighorn was on a display but the limited was on the floor for climbing around. I like the slow-drop tailgate

That's a cheap and easy feature to add to the current Ram.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GUF74HQ/_en...A5U6G&psc=0

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/28/18 01:16 PM

Sad comment on the design that most of us are talking about how we can tolerate the painted front a little more because it deemphasizes the styling...

The front end treatment in Chrome, quite honesty is rather hideous, the longhorn version color keyed is more tolerable, might even look palatable in all black?... but that HAL9000 mounted in the dash, I could do without!

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/28/18 01:25 PM

HAL9000? Thats funny!lol haha

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/28/18 04:29 PM

Why can't they have a model with small V-8 auto, just heat, basic radio? No rear bumper. A real stripper. With an option to add a/c no frills
Buy the Name Econoline

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/29/18 04:07 PM

Thats exactly what I added to my 2013 !!! . . . hope they have made the headlights better than the 2013 and up . . . terrible headlights. Always seems like Ford had best headlights when you are behind the wheel, and using them to see !!

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/30/18 05:34 PM

The headlights on my 2011 are pretty awesome
Posted by: mopargem

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/30/18 07:38 PM

I’m not to keen on the looks either but it will grow on us. A company has to be progressive to stay on top. Here’s a intro video of the 1500 my brother just sent me.
https://youtu.be/a4iGae4T5iA
Posted by: EV2Bird

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/30/18 07:50 PM

Why use the cell phone or text when you can use the on board big screen pc.

So we got the std ram, big horn ram, ghetto version ram it seems.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/30/18 08:31 PM

Thats exactly what I added to my 2013 !!! . . . hope they have made the headlights better than the 2013 and up . . . terrible headlights. Always seems like Ford had best headlights when you are behind the wheel, and using them to see !!

My 2015 headlights are awesome, gotta run the high beams!because I get flashed a lot, so I have to be proactive! penguin
Posted by: gdonovan

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/31/18 05:18 AM

My 2015 headlights are awesome, gotta run the high beams!because I get flashed a lot, so I have to be proactive! penguin

My friend owns a 2012 2500, horrible light pattern! My 1998 Ram has far superior headlamps. He ended up installing a LED lightbar in the center since the low beams are so bad.

As too the new trucks... I really like the idea of a Pentastar V6 with the torque assist in a shortbed 2WD regular cab, for the small amount of towing I do it would be ideal.

However, I'm not thrilled with the quality of FCA's offerings at the moment. My 2012 Challenger has gobbled 2 ABS sensors, a radio and there is still an outstanding "alternator my catch fire" recall which was suppose to be addressed.. this month.. January..

Now the right side cluster gauge backlighting is starting to fail.

Fool me once..All these issues in less than 10,000 miles.

Edit: And the battery goes dead now in three days if the fob is used to lock the car (arming the alarm) but doesn't if I manually lock the car.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/31/18 07:53 AM

Every maker has lemons, you might just be the lucky one! My factory lights on my 2500 4x4 lights are so bright the moon tucked behind the earth today to get away from the glare... penguin

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/31/18 12:10 PM

I have no issues at all with the factory projector lights on my 2015 Ram Sport

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/31/18 02:52 PM

My Ram has the Chrysler lifetime extended warranty...everything covered for only a $100 deductible. I don't know of any other manufacturer that offers such a warranty. I have this on my Ram, Challenger and Jeep Cherokee (as I tend to keep vehicles for a very long time). For a business/service vehicle, Ram has a wide variety of vehicles that are very hard (if not impossible) to beat for warranty and dependability.

JS

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/31/18 05:49 PM

Every maker has lemons, you might just be the lucky one!

1) Recall for the alternator affects a large number of V6 and Hemi vehicles, I'm starting to wonder if cars are going to start burning before FCA gets off their asses.

2) ABS sensors are common, dealer parts manager (who I have known for 30 years) told me they can't keep them in stock.

3) Battery going dead is caused by multiple issues ranging from fob being to close to car keeping network active, door windows constantly cycling till battery is dead to alarm system not allowing network to power down correctly. I figured this one out by researching on Challenger forums and process of elimination.

I have not even bothered looking up the cluster issue yet, oh wait..

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f188/gauge-backlight-issue-456626/

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/31/18 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By gdonovan
Every maker has lemons, you might just be the lucky one!

1) Recall for the alternator affects a large number of V6 and Hemi vehicles, I'm starting to wonder if cars are going to start burning before FCA gets off their asses.

2) ABS sensors are common, dealer parts manager (who I have known for 30 years) told me they can't keep them in stock.

3) Battery going dead is caused by multiple issues ranging from fob being to close to car keeping network active, door windows constantly cycling till battery is dead to alarm system not allowing network to power down correctly. I figured this one out by researching on Challenger forums and process of elimination.

I have not even bothered looking up the cluster issue yet, oh wait..

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f188/gauge-backlight-issue-456626/

Changing the fancy radio out on current FCA vehicles for a host of reasons iscalso very common. I know of two others locally besides ourselves who have had this done under warranty. A very short, quick internet search will lead you to hundreds (thousands?) more.

I’m told it’s a $4k fix outside of warranty.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/31/18 07:18 PM

Guess I am the lucky one them, both my Ram and my wife's 2015 200 have been pretty much flawless. She did to have her battery replaced, but it was an Enterprise rental car originally (6 months) and the battery had been replaced before the dealer got it, so the reason is unknown. The replacement battery has been fine, I did it myself. I have 103K on my Ram and she has 69K on her 200.
Posted by: larrymopar360

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/31/18 08:27 PM

I really like it a lot, especially the Rebel with the black out grille. It's funny how so many express their opinion as fact.

I believe the only style opinions that can be stated as fact are ones on the Pontiac Aztec, AMC Matador, and Chevy Avalanche, haha.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 01/31/18 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By larrymopar360

I believe the only style opinions that can be stated as fact are ones on the Pontiac Aztec, AMC Matador, and Chevy Avalanche, haha.

Hey! I love the Matador coupes, one of my favorite cars! rant shout shout hammer tonguue laugh2

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/01/18 12:45 AM

It's funny how so many express their opinion as fact.

Well, it’s a fact that I dislike the appearance of this truck, particularly when compared to the current styling.

No debating that fact at all.
Posted by: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/01/18 12:59 AM

That new Ram is butt fugly down

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/01/18 04:52 AM

Originally Posted By RoadRunnerLuva
That new Ram is butt fugly down

With the painted front end not bad, the chrome front end.. is way too much.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/01/18 12:17 PM

I really like it a lot, especially the Rebel with the black out grille. It's funny how so many express their opinion as fact.

I'm sure there is someone out there who likes the styling of each of those vehicles you mentioned.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/01/18 12:45 PM

If the Aztec was released now, it would blend in pretty well

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/01/18 01:18 PM

Truth.

Shows how low we have sunk....

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/01/18 02:04 PM

Truth.

Shows how low we have sunk....

You guys are SO right...

It seems we have entered some kind of Japanese dominated "Transformer" design era. I ain't digging it...

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/01/18 03:09 PM

I give you the new Aztec... puke

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/01/18 03:29 PM

I give you the new Aztec... puke

Bleh!

I was surprised when I saw my first new Prius on my commute to work. Hey look, they're bringing back the tail fin!

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/01/18 06:01 PM

Quote:

It seems we have entered some kind of Japanese dominated "Transformer" design era. I ain't digging it...

I cannot look at the front of a new Toyota or Lexus without thinking of Predator...

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/01/18 06:25 PM

Quote:

I cannot look at the front of a new Toyota or Lexus without thinking of Predator...

You have a real valid point!
Posted by: Sixpak

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/05/18 08:56 PM

Quote:

You have a real valid point!

"You're one ugly mother......"

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/06/18 07:22 PM

Space under the headlights stupid and ugly:

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/06/18 09:09 PM

I still prefer that to this:

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/07/18 10:03 AM

Ugh, that front end! Gone are the days of clean, simple and stylish! That whole front end is just so overworked... too much crapola going on and crammed into that space. But it seems to be the trend now, so guess we're stuck with it.
Posted by: dogdays

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/07/18 10:40 AM

It looks like a Super Duty to me. I HATE the "nostrils" on last year's truck. To me that was more of a desecration than this latest design.

R.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/07/18 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By dogdays
It looks like a Super Duty to me. I HATE the "nostrils" on last year's truck. To me that was more of a desecration than this latest design.

R.

The nostrils were definitely UGLY!

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/07/18 01:37 PM

Cars typically get designed for their largest (or they hope their largest) markets. The Chinese like the angry insect look.
Posted by: 300rag

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/07/18 02:15 PM

It is not nearly as bad on the lesser trim models
Posted by: 6PKRTSE

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/09/18 03:14 PM

Still can't stand it. Put a Toyota badge in the grille & no one will know the difference. Guess my 96 V10 has to last a lot longer than I thought.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/09/18 03:22 PM

I’ve got 65K I will spend else where.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/10/18 10:10 PM

You could get a top of the line 2018 Ram for 65K. The 2018s will go fast.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/11/18 05:12 PM

$65k for a pickup is totally insane

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/11/18 07:10 PM

$65k for a pickup is totally insane

Agreed, but as long as the buying public keeps demanding more & more extraneous electronic toys on top of those mandated by government, that's the way its going to keep going.
Posted by: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/11/18 08:18 PM

The amount of $$ mfr's want for these trucks are just realcrazy
To me, they are not real pickup trucks anymore.
To me, a real truck is sparce, heavy duty, looks,tows,runs,hauls,rides
like a TRUCK...not what is out there for sale TODAY. I miss the
old days. frowwn

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/14/18 01:33 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp96brzaR2k

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/14/18 08:16 AM

old days. frowwn

Most manufacturers still make a base model, like the Ram Tradesman, but they don't sell so lots are filled with the loaded up Laramies that do.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/14/18 09:22 AM

Paid $30K for mine with a $4500 trade-in. Don't need a quad cab, that just means you have to add people sometimes... tsk

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 02/14/18 12:17 PM

old days. frowwn

Most manufacturers still make a base model, like the Ram Tradesman, but they don't sell so lots are filled with the loaded up Laramies that do.

Yup, the manufacturers understand what people want/need. Since I've been remodeling my house (for longer than I care to admit), I need the use of a truck fairly regularly. I also need a daily driver to get to work, and I'd prefer to use the same vehicle for both needs. I don't do a lot of towing, so a 1500 sport with a few amenities works well for me.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/20/18 11:17 PM

Finally saw one of these "in the flesh" today. I don't hate the looks in person.... Still not as sexy as the current styling, but not as obnoxious ugly as all the pictures led me to believe.

Near-useless as a shop truck however.... The bed sides would put the hatches on our contractors cap above shoulder level, making it a chore to get tools in and out. 12 Foot fiberglass ladder on the rooftop ladder rack is near impossible for one person.
Posted by: Big Bad Bee

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/21/18 10:54 AM

Pick the brand of truck you like. Ram isn’t Dodge anymore and Chrysler hasn’t been Chrysler for decades. up
Posted by: AeroMonte

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/21/18 10:00 PM

I looked at a new Ram today and have to say I like it. Sit in one and you will be surprised.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/21/18 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By AeroMonte
I looked at a new Ram today and have to say I like it. Sit in one and you will be surprised.

iagree

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/21/18 10:59 PM

Just bought this one 6 weeks ago.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/22/18 02:22 AM

The new Ram is an amazing truck. The engineering, technology and comfort set the bar. I saw one at our local dealership last week. Seeing it in person didn't dissuade me from my original impressions of the front end of the truck. Ram went from the most distinctive and best looking truck on the market to something so neutral is has little appeal. To me it definitely looks like a cross between a Toyota and Chevrolet. I call it the Toylet edition. I'm a mopar guy to my core so it pains me to be critical of the new Ram's appearance. I wouldn't say anything if it wasn't so disappointing.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/22/18 01:08 PM

Yeah its pretty gastly!lol!

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/22/18 08:15 PM

While I also don't like the blank, body color space below the headlights, overall I like the new truck.

Our dealership got our first one mid-week, by Saturday it was sold. Just sayin'...:)

JS

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/23/18 08:29 AM

Ya know, it seems like we're currently in an entire design trend that I don't care for. Maybe I'm just aging out and I've become the curmudgeon, but what is with all these Transformer style auto designs? Yes, the Japanese brands seem the worst about it, all these tacked on gee-gaws and body lines that appear out of nowhere, go nowhere and seem to serve no purpose... just kind of a "see how much crap we can throw onto it" school of design. Forget an over-all cohesive feel to it as a complete design.

But like I said, maybe it's just me... Yea the Toyota is a concept, but I just never expected to see "catfish whiskers" to make a design appearance on an automobile... Shoot, the whole face of the car looks a catfish. eek

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/23/18 08:38 AM

Yep, now I KNOW I'm aging out... I just scrolled up and see I am repeating myself! Doh!

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/23/18 09:06 AM

all these tacked on gee-gaws and body lines that appear out of nowhere, go nowhere and seem to serve no purpose... just kind of a "see how much crap we can throw onto it" school of design.

Its all cyclical laugh2

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/23/18 09:09 AM

all these tacked on gee-gaws and body lines that appear out of nowhere, go nowhere and seem to serve no purpose... just kind of a "see how much crap we can throw onto it" school of design.

Its all cyclical laugh2

Hahahaha! Point taken! up

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/23/18 11:04 AM

old days. frowwn

A new cummins for example makes so much more power than before and they ride so much better... why anyone would want a truck that doesn't ride like the new ones do is beyond me. I love my 01 2500, it rides way better than the pre 94 trucks, but it's a chore to take on long trips.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/23/18 12:37 PM

I saw a new one in person today...and it looks no better to me than the photos. Besides the ugly front end and hood, it seems more slab sided than the 09-18

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/23/18 01:33 PM

I saw one the other day, and I still don't know how I feel about them. I just can't get past the fact they didn't change anything on the engines other than the E-torque. I hope they at least addressed the exhaust manifold bolts breaking on the hemis. I'm glad the 3.6 doesn't have that problem.

The lower trim levels do look better to me, but the price is getting ridiculous. I paid 27K for my truck before taxes, and that was bad enough.

My truck now has 75,000 miles, and I still have a little under 3 years to pay for it. After that, I think I will look at buying a nice used SUV for the family, probably a Tahoe or Suburban in the 2010 range.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/23/18 01:43 PM

I saw plenty of them on dealer lots as I drove from Chicago to Arkansas and back last weekend, still don't like them. tsk I will be keeping my 2015 for life now and if it breaks or gets wrecked I will buy a nice used one. Tried taking my 85 crew cab dually on the trip but it broke 3 miles after leaving... eyes

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/23/18 06:14 PM

I saw one the other day, and I still don't know how I feel about them. I just can't get past the fact they didn't change anything on the engines other than the E-torque. I hope they at least addressed the exhaust manifold bolts breaking on the hemis. I'm glad the 3.6 doesn't have that problem.

That and update the roller lifters that stop rolling and valve springs that like to break.

I still can't get over how high up the bed sides are getting, I am going to get altitude sickness climing up there to put stuff in the bed. My flat bed car trailer would completly disapear behind my 2011 and this new monstrousity is even worse.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/25/18 08:48 AM

First one arrived at our dealer. Stopped for a look. Ouch! Laramie model. Didn't have air suspension or Ram box. Imagine the price of a loaded model!

Around here, Ram pickups are a huge seller. Not sure that trend will continue. My buddy stopped for a look and his 15 year old daughter says "it looks like a Toyota".
Sad but true.

Also on the lot were two Pacifica vans. Which in my opinion look pretty good for a van, yet don't sell at all here. The only one on the road here is the dealers customer service vehicle. I don't think our dealer has sold even one since they came out, what, almost 2 years ago now?

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/25/18 09:46 AM

$80 grand?! Good grief! That was a Laramie with a Cummins, right?

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/25/18 10:01 AM

No. 1500. Hemi

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/25/18 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By demon

No. 1500. Hemi

Crazy, I just built a 4X4 Limited on Ram.com with every option available and it came to $67,500. How are they getting to $80K?

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/25/18 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By demon
First one arrived at our dealer. Stopped for a look. Ouch! Laramie model. Didn't have air suspension or Ram box. Imagine the price of a loaded model!

Around here, Ram pickups are a huge seller. Not sure that trend will continue. My buddy stopped for a look and his 15 year old daughter says "it looks like a Toyota".
Sad but true.

Also on the lot were two Pacifica vans. Which in my opinion look pretty good for a van, yet don't sell at all here. The only one on the road here is the dealers customer service vehicle. I don't think our dealer has sold even one since they came out, what, almost 2 years ago now?

I don't know how they got to $80k. I just built one online and after checking all the boxes on a 2019 1500 Laramie limited I only got to an MSRP of $64,175.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/25/18 10:35 AM

That is $80K CANADIAN! Subtract 30% for American currency. wave

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/25/18 10:44 AM

That is $80K CANADIAN! Subtract 30% for American currency. wave

Doh! blush Thanks...

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 04/25/18 11:42 AM

I hope they come with a yard for that much... for not much more you can get a decent house in my area laugh2
Posted by: biggE

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/01/18 09:22 AM

I took the plunge and got a 2018 5.7 Hemi 4x2. I really like the body style. The 2019's just don't do it for me. Ended up getting 13.6k off sticker. I figured the discount was good enough and was able to get the color and options that I wanted.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/01/18 09:45 AM

Sweet deal on a nice truck! up

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/01/18 09:54 AM

Originally Posted By biggE
I took the plunge and got a 2018 5.7 Hemi 4x2. I really like the body style. The 2019's just don't do it for me. Ended up getting 13.6k off sticker. I figured the discount was good enough and was able to get the color and options that I wanted.

That's almost as good as the $15k under window sticker for our 2008 Ram 1500. Same story, the 2009 was a redesign so they were practically giving away the left over 2008s.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/01/18 10:19 AM

Been seeing the 2019's on the road for a while now, & they really do look like a combination of DNA from Toyota, GM, & even Ford. I think the Dodge Boys blew it on this redesign. Interior is nice, but it needs to look good from the outside as well.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/01/18 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By Sunroofcuda
Been seeing the 2019's on the road for a while now, & they really do look like a combination of DNA from Toyota, GM, & even Ford. I think the Dodge Boys blew it on this redesign. Interior is nice, but it needs to look good from the outside as well.

After seeing it in person IMO it doesn't look bad it just doesn't differentiate itself enough from other brands. I agree, I think they blew it. Ralph should be embarrassed of this one.

Like Iaccoca said "You either lead, follow, or get out of the way." I guess they decided to follow instead of lead this time.
Posted by: bee1971

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/02/18 07:14 PM

I sat in a Limited today at Mopars in the Park

Wow

Very impressed with the interior - Almost to nice for a Truck

That IPad LOL in the middle of the dash is crazy big

Would love to test drive one soon

I liked the looks honestly

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/03/18 10:34 AM

Around here I really don't see them,the ones I thought might be a 2019 ram were actually Toyota pickups!lol!A dealer tried to sell me one....53,000 sales girl said hows this grab you?i said it looks like crap no thank you! eek haha

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/21/18 06:28 PM

Interior changes alone is enough to overlook the derivative exterior.

Too bad they're $$$, but FCA probably makes $20k on each one. No wonder they stop selling the Dart/200.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/21/18 10:13 PM

Well, I see this old thread is still alive. About 2 weeks ago I was looking at a 1500 at my local Dodge dealer - waiting while my oil was being changed. First thing I noticed was the paint. The paint was TERRIBLE! Looked like a wavy cheap hack bodyshop paint job - seriously. It wasn't just orange peel, but it almost looked like it was painted, sanded down again without being blocked, & sprayed. Then I noticed the rear quarters (bed sides) look really ugly - just a funky shape. I am SOOOOO glad I bought my 2017! And the interior is nicer than my 2017, but you know what - the interior of my 2017 is plenty nice.
Posted by: 11secdart

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/22/18 06:38 PM

I am kind of wondering if the will make a 2019 , 1500 regular cab, ( non Quad cab) short bed 4x4.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/24/18 10:13 AM

These are now more than 20 new 2019 Ran pickups on our local dealers lot. Have not seen one on the road yet. I'd be interested in knowing how the sales figures are. My guess is mighty low. I think FCA really shot themselves in the foot with the new styling, and then pricing them so high. They really look generic now. What a shame. Take their best selling product, and do this to it. That's gotta hurt.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/24/18 10:42 AM

They're everywhere here in truck country, don't think they're hurting as much as you think.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/25/18 10:37 AM

I saw one the otherday white alotta chrome,still ugly..i havnt seen any others on the road.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/25/18 10:40 AM

While they ARE at the local dealer, I have yet to see one on the road too.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/25/18 12:44 PM

We have a LOT of trucks running around here in central Ohio. I've only seen one new Ram on the road.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/26/18 09:33 AM

They're everywhere here in truck country, don't think they're hurting as much as you think.

This is truck country. Cars and 2wd pickups are uncommon. Have yet to see a 2019 Ram on the road. 2009-2018 Rams sold like crazy around here, 2019's... Not so much.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/26/18 12:26 PM

Person number 1 will buy the ugly monstrocities just because it is the newest biggest truck, they have to impress their friends who will also buy one to impress guy number 1 even though secretly they all think it is butt ugly. I saw one on the road and yes it is that bad.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/26/18 12:57 PM

Thought I saw number 2 of these messes,but it was a Nissan Titan lol! haha

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/26/18 01:42 PM

Ram dealership near me is already offering 2,000 cash back on new 2019Rams!

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/26/18 01:43 PM

I saw many, many 2019 Ram 1500s (DT, new style, not "classic" DS) this weekend running between Sioux City, IA and Des Moines, IA

So, there are plenty to be found around here...

JS

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 06/26/18 03:44 PM

A radio station in phila is pushing these things hard... sick

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 08/06/18 09:59 AM

The 2019 Ram has been out for months now and I have still not seen one on the road. Our dealer has dozens on the lot, and I don't think even one has sold yet.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 08/06/18 12:34 PM

https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/07/june-2018-full-size-truck-sales-usa-report/

No differentiation between the Classic and the new Ram but this was May's number. They also say the crosshair grille is coming back...

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 08/06/18 04:43 PM

Ram is down 7%? Guess the market doesn't care for a derivative design either.

That said, I'd rather see the company enjoy success.

But they better come up with a new Ram that doesn't look like a cross-breed between competitor's trucks!

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 09/10/18 08:57 PM

Well it only took until Sept 8th, but I finally saw a 2019 Ram on the road. I bet our dealer is hurting. They sure don't seem to be selling.
Are the 2019 GM trucks out yet? Haven't seen any on the lots. Are they as hideous as the photos shown months ago?

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 09/10/18 10:26 PM

I've only seen one local truck daily driven, all black (dosen't look bad, the all black look hides a lot of it's sins) meanwhile the 2 local dealerships have a full front row line up that hasn't moved in months

And around my area Dodge trucks have a strong following, most of the guys I know that usually run a new truck every year or 2, say they won't touch the new Ram based on either it's high price and or ugliness

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 09/10/18 10:44 PM

Every time I think I see one on the road it is a Japanese competitor. The Peckerhead across the street has the only one I have seen on the road. I see that one every day and I still am sure I won't ever buy that gen of truck. My 18 will easily last until the next ones come out or I may just go GM next time instead. We'll see how the FCA soap opera goes.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 09/11/18 10:02 AM

Ive seen a total of 3 in the whole area.Just a terrible design.
Posted by: Michael

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 09/17/18 05:42 PM

I've seen 5 or 6 in my travels---look like crap

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 09/17/18 07:38 PM

There are a bunch at the local dealership of course, but I've only seen ONE on the road. ONE. And yeah, I'm not a fan...
Posted by: Southern Wolf

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 09/18/18 07:49 AM

They don't looks so bad to me.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 09/18/18 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By Southern Wolf
They don't looks so bad to me.

iagree I see them around.
Posted by: mopardude318

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 09/18/18 02:14 PM

im late to this thread and I haven't read all the replies, but I think thwe new ram looks good. …??

I like the amber turn signals in the rear lights. first time ever a dodge truck has ambers in the rear. I welcome that because amber lights really are more noticeable for turn signals.

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 09/18/18 03:17 PM

thats going to freak out some people who think the car is coming towards them instead of away from them.

As for the looks of the trucks I think it really seems to depend on trim level if they look good in the wild so far, not sure what is what but some of them look like butt and some of them are OK, not great but not bad.
Posted by: larrymopar360

Re: Is this really the new Ram? - 09/18/18 06:54 PM

I'm with the you guys who like it. I am biased, but giving my honest opinion. I don't see anything so polarizing with the design, nor do I see anything that screams they copied other designs. I think it's a nice truck. I do prefer the Rebel's grille. I'm not crazy about the dash layout, but no big deal, it's just not my favorite. I swear it seems like people are trashing it just to trash it. Is it that people cannot afford a new one, so they are trashing it because they have to keep their old one longer? If I'm not mistaken, the sales numbers aren't out of ordinary for Ram/Dodge.