Moparts

Mod Squad Challenger R/T

Posted By: biggE

Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/11/17 04:37 PM

This 1970 Challenger R/T convertible was used in the TV show Mod Squad. I've heard about the other Challenger in the show but not this one. It seems to be a real red with red interior, 383 automatic car and three speaker dash. I couldn't make out much else. Does anyone know anything about it?

Attached picture Mod Squad Challenger.jpg
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/11/17 06:34 PM

Wow, I forgot about that car and now remember the show well. This should be a needle in a haystack.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/11/17 09:20 PM

ADAM-12 had an episode with a red/red R/T 'vert, but it has bumper guards & "ROAD" wheels

& duct tape to hold the emblems on biggrin

Attached picture adam12-305-vlcsnap-00131.jpg
Attached picture adam12-305-vlcsnap-00192.jpg
Attached picture adam12-305-vlcsnap-00179.jpg
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/11/17 09:33 PM

I remember that episode. The girl stole the Challenger from Tony Dow. He was playing a vet on leave?

Robert
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/11/17 10:21 PM

IIRC..Tony Dow was a Marine, and he had a Chevelle?
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/11/17 11:52 PM

How about this GTX?

Or Sport Fury...

http://www.imcdb.org/movie_62589-The-Mod-Squad.html

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/11/17 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By 6bblgt
ADAM-12 had an episode with a red/red R/T 'vert, but it has bumper guards & "ROAD" wheels

What was up with the duct tape??? work

Posted By: ratroaster

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 12:07 AM

Probably had to cover up the emblems unless they had permission from Chrysler.
Posted By: Tommy The Chryco

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 12:54 AM

I'm waiting for someone to ask how's the girl in the tan skirt?
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 01:04 AM

How's, or who's?

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By ChryCoGuy

What was up with the duct tape??? work

WAG - per their contract w/Plymouth they couldn't promote "DODGE"?
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By basketcase

You are correct! Your memory is better than mine. Just took the refresher course... smile

It's funny, all four of the Challenger emblems are obscured but no other cars I noted. '69 GP model J, Shelby GT 350 etc.

Robert

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By 3hundred

You are correct! Your memory is better than mine. Just took the refresher course... smile

It's funny, all four of the Challenger emblems are obscured but no other cars I noted. '69 GP model J, Shelby GT 350 etc.

Robert

they aren't "stars" - just props, background
like extras VS. an actor with a speaking part getting credit

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 03:17 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR1EX26px6g
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 04:26 AM

I was looking at those legs myself.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 04:44 AM

Might as well...
Posted By: GMP440

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 04:58 AM

I remember the episode with Tony Dow. He had an army uniform on.
But I think it was Adam-12. It was an episode about illegal street
racing. Dick Clark was in that episode portraying a race track promoter trying to get racers off the streets and into an organized track event.
Tony Dow speaks with the Malloy and Reed, stating he had his
Chevelle stolen.
A Mopar tidbit in this episode is a racing green 69 Roadrunner that was street racing in one of the scenes. I beleive that very car is owned
by a member here on Moparts.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 05:04 AM

Cool stuff about the Adam 12 Challenger but no info on the Mod Squad Challenger?
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 05:06 AM

You need to see if the Mod Squad and Adam 12 car have the same license plate

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 05:24 AM

different plates, would these plates be authentic?

front valence moulding/rear "astrotone" panel on both the ADAM-12 & MOD SQUAD cars, but NO belt mouldings? shruggy

MOD SQUAD R/T lost its front bumper guards - it has rears work

do you know the season and episode number for the MOD SQUAD R/T?

Attached picture 2mod24g.1567.jpg
Attached picture 2mod24h.5020.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 05:26 AM

close but not quite

ADAM-12 "744 AEH"
VS.
MOD SQUAD "112 AEG"

who's the CA plate use numbers guru?

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 05:33 AM

ADAM-12 car has A/C - any interior shots from MOD SQUAD?

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 05:49 AM

close but not quite

ADAM-12 "744 AEH"
VS.
MOD SQUAD "112 AEG"

I am

Those are 70 California plates. The plates are sequential starting with the letter A.

Those are the real deal cool

Some very early 70 cars were issued the older black plates starting with Z and the number order is reversed. Black would be ZZZ 999 and the Blues start 001 AAA

After we blew through that sequence we reversed the sequence again 000 ZZZ --> 1 AAA 001

So 70 California cars will start with Z, A or B
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 05:51 AM

Never got in to watching Mod Squad back then, but saw a re-run about a year ago, and never realized the show was so mopar heavy! One episode had some bad guy messing with Peggy Lipton? She was driving I think a 70 GTX, think the darn thing had power windows too. The challenger showed up in same episode. Good stuff.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By Morty426
close but not quite

ADAM-12 "744 AEH"
VS.
MOD SQUAD "112 AEG"

I am

Those are 70 California plates. The plates are sequential starting with the letter A.

Some very early 70 cars were issued the older black plates starting with Z and the number order is reversed. Black would be ZZZ 999 and the Blues start 001 AAA

After we blew through that sequence we reversed the sequence again 000 ZZZ --> 1 AAA 001

& if plates were distributed sequentially - these two would be 368 1,632 vehicles apart from the same DMV office

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 06:16 AM

Like I said earlier the Mod Squad car had a three speaker dash and I don't believe it was an A/C car.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 06:20 AM

I have fender tag info from one of these two cars (unless there were more):

V6X Y05 26 EN1
+ N85 N95 P31 P37 R22 +
G32 G34 H51 M31 N41 N42
V3X A62 A63 B51 C16 C55
FE5 H6E4 000 915 Q03954
E63 D32 JS27 N0B 12xxxx

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 06:31 AM

Dan, that is to cool! Could be the same car in both shows. I might be incorrect about the Mod Squad car not having A/C. I think the A63 on both cars is a pretty good hint that the cars could be the same.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 06:41 AM

the problem is I have it hand written from I don't know where realcrazy

..... but the "ODD" thing is both cars appear to have the A63 - "moulding package" which included M31 - "belt mouldings" & they're missing on both cars scope aren't they?

a possible explanation: there are a number of late-September/early-October '69 built 'cudas that were built w/o their STANDARD M31 - "belt mouldings". I've known of the missed mouldings on the 'cudas for decades, this is the first evidence I've seen (& realized) that it was a Challenger issue also! shock

learn something new everyday! up

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By biggE
Dan, that is to cool! Could be the same car in both shows. I might be incorrect about the Mod Squad car not having A/C. I think the A63 on both cars is a pretty good hint that the cars could be the same.

different plates, if they are using actual registered cars & plates, they wouldn't have swapped them

I bet the MOD SQUAD car is no A/C & NO ROAD wheels

check out the clear windshield on the air conditioned ADAM-12 car - Oh HOLLYWOOD! scope

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 08:30 AM

close but not quite

ADAM-12 "744 AEH"
VS.
MOD SQUAD "112 AEG"

I am

& if plates were distributed sequentially - these two would be 368 1,632 vehicles apart from the same DMV office

Plates are issued to offices sequentially in lots.

You are correct that these plates are 1632 apart - in CA that is darn close. We go through a lot cars .... and plates

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 11:31 AM

Adam 12 road runner

Attached picture adam12RR.jpg
Posted By: duster2

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 12:41 PM

What number was the street racing episode ?? I have never seen it.

Frank
Posted By: shakerjoe

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 02:09 PM

Took me a while to find on my phone, but this was from a episode on a car theft ring I think, I was just flicking the channels when it popped up...obviously a "custom" job done for the show...

Attached picture IMG_0093.PNG
Posted By: shakerjoe

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 02:11 PM

2)

Attached picture IMG_0095.PNG
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 02:31 PM

That is a 72 Challenger convertible... scope
Posted By: fk5hemi

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 02:52 PM

I have noticed the red 70 Mod Squad Challenger was well optioned with power windows,rim blow wheel,rally dash and that rear trim panel like S/E. Yet it did not have wood grain on door panels and was a column shift bench seat car.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 04:55 PM

I think the episode with some good Challenger shots is Willie Poor Boy, season 2, #34. I had no luck pulling it up.
Posted By: jeff968

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By buildanother
Never got in to watching Mod Squad back then, but saw a re-run about a year ago, and never realized the show was so mopar heavy! One episode had some bad guy messing with Peggy Lipton?

She just showed up on the Twin peaks reboot on Showtime. She was also on the series in the nineties.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 07:30 PM

I have the box set of the Mod Squad. They used the 1970 Challenger R/T convertible for many episodes, like 20-25. I made a note of all the options, it is misplaced for now. They have some very close up shots of it, like the radio face on the whole screen, AM-8 track. It does have A/C, power windows, rim blow, column shift. I see it does have the M31 trim on it.

There is one episode with another 70 Challenger R/T convertible. It is lime green with white top stripe interior, 15X7 rallies, polyglas tires with tire size. Has rocker mouldings, body side mouldings, front bumper guards, dual painted mirrors, painted gas cap, argent grill with R/T emblems on both fenders and the grille, no exh tips, and no moulding across the rear edge of the hood. They show it pretty good from the outside under street lights several times, can't tell interior details other than a rim blow wheel.

The 70 GTX is very cool, it was in one episode only. It's options are: bench seat, column shift, power windows, woodgrain steering wheel, FE5 red paint, black vinyl top, black reflector stripe, hood turn signals, remote drivers mirror, turndown exhaust, road wheels, polyglas tires with tires size. It has single speaker dash, but they never show a close up of the dash face to see the type of radio.

In the episode they run over some rocks and blow a tire and show up close the tire changing. They show the car with polyglas tires in every scene except the tire changing close ups it has blackwall tires, drivers side only. Looking close they blacked out the white letters, where the bottom of the tire is wadded up you can see the white letters are there and not blacked out.

They moved up to a 1971 Challenger convertible, gold with black side stripes, flat hood, light tan interior. Then it changed and it looked like the same car with 1972 grille and taillights. Then moved into a 72 or 73 Charger with a custom stripe up the one side of the hood.
Posted By: HoosierTA

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 07:45 PM

There was an episode once where Julie was bitten by a rattler. Car was a 3rd generation GTX. As a kid I was thinking "that's a cool car". Then remember seeing the lettering on it.

Spoiler alert- the guys find her and save her just in time.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By HoosierTA
There was an episode once where Julie was bitten by a rattler. Car was a 3rd generation GTX. As a kid I was thinking "that's a cool car". Then remember seeing the lettering on it.

Spoiler alert- the guys find her and save her just in time.

Yes this is the episode with the 1970 GTX.

Attached picture image.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/12/17 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By duster2
What number was the street racing episode ?? I have never seen it.

Frank

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0505412/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_17
Posted By: Tommy The Chryco

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 03:44 AM

sorry Who?
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 03:56 AM

If Linc was inspecting a rust free Mopar how would he describe it?

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 03:59 AM

Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda

"The Oxide. It's here ......... I can feel it. Dig it."

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 04:00 AM

No, that's not it.
Hint: one word.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 04:10 AM

I think he would say it's Di-no-mite!

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 04:18 AM

I think he would say it's Di-no-mite!

Come on guys....Linc was famous for this word.

"Dy-no-mite" was Jimmy Walker (JJ)

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 04:19 AM

No, that's not it.
Hint: one word.

Groovy

Sorry I never watched this show very much and it was back in the day.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 04:26 AM

linc hayes solid

Not sure if this will appear, but Linc's thing was to respond with "solid" very often as a form of agreement to whatever the topic (often a plan of action) was.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 04:42 AM

Does anyone know why the 71-72 Challenger convertible got all of the publicity after the show was over and the red on red Challenger got zero? Since I didn't follow the show before recently I had no idea the red Challenger even existed.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 04:43 AM

linc hayes solid

Not sure if this will appear, but Linc's thing was to respond with "solid" very often as a form of agreement to whatever the topic (often a plan of action) was.

Solid cool

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 06:07 AM

Does anyone know why the 71-72 Challenger convertible got all of the publicity after the show was over and the red on red Challenger got zero? Since I didn't follow the show before recently I had no idea the red Challenger even existed.

I don't know, they were both in many episodes. The red 1970 car looked way better on screen than the gold 1971 ever did. IMO
Posted By: A990

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 08:20 AM

Wow. Haven't seen Mod Squad since it first showed up on TV. I was only 10 and remember very little. A few years later Charlies Angels arrived and I noticed a lot about the scenery, but that scenery wasn't the cars.

A63 is a rare trim option that is super hard to find convertible specific parts for.

The Adam 12 drag strip was actually Lions, but I never knew Tony Dow was on Leave it to Beaver.

Clarence Williams III (Link) was awesome as the muscle on 52 Pickup

Never knew Peggy Lipton was on Twin Peaks!

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 04:01 PM

Column shift on the red R/T convertible? That has to be pretty rare. And it has disappeared? No one has seen it?
Posted By: 68HemiB

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 07:41 PM

Hi guys... long time, no see.

I was coincidentally stopping in to check out the "[not] flying hellcat" thread that a MCSD club member pointed out, and I couldn't help noticing this thread about the 1970 Mod Squad Challenger R/T convertible.

As you know, TV shows and movies typically use multiple identical cars, if the car is going to be central to the plot line. Furthermore, cars registered at the same time at the same DMV location get sequential plates. The car seen on screen sports the CA license plate 112 AEG. For about four decades, I had the twin of the car (or perhaps THE car, with switched plates) in my possession. It originally carried the CA plate number 113 AEG.

Most of that time, all I knew was that it was a moderately rare car, with a bizarre combination of options. When The Mod Squad came out on DVD, I had a Holy Shhhhh...mokes moment, when I saw my car on the screen. By that time, I had not a clue as to how to prove provenance, as everyone associated with the show was probably dead, senile, or didn't give a rat's behind about some project they worked on briefly, way back when.

Galen was the first one to point out that it was probably built for PR work (ads, TV, or movies), as it carried a Q- order number (Executive Lease or PR). Coupled with the almost-never-seen combination of A/C + clear glass made the PR story even more likely.

Two years ago, when I bought the Hellcat, I sent RTRAGTP to a good friend up north, who had been lusting after the car for many years. He is right now putting it back to the way it was born (as I had changed the interior to black many years ago). I am sure that he would appreciate any additional info that might come out of publicity this thread generates.

Almost all of my paperwork and notes went with the car, but here are the particulars as I remember them. Please excuse the fact that I am not a walking/talking white book, able to spout build codes at will.

I purchased it from a private party (who mentioned nothing about TV history) in about 1977 or 1978. I passed the baton in early 2016.

It was a "real" JS27N0B 383 magnum R/T convertible.
FE5 red with black longitudinal R/T stripes
383 Magnum callouts on the hood, but no hood blackout
Full "Challenger" raised center wheel covers
A/C, P/S, P/B (front disks), power windows, CLEAR GLASS (so less camera distortion)
Deluxe seat belts (that's a "fasten seat belts" light on the dash, not a reverse light)
Red interior, and a COLUMN SHIFT (so actors can slide across easily)
AM/8-track radio with 3-speaker dash

M63 "S/E" bling (yes, I know there's no such thing as an R/T-S/E convertible). I am not sure what 6bblgt means about "belt mouldings", but this WAS an early build car. It had the rear argent panel, chrome on the front valence, back of the hood, along the top of the doors, and around the convertible boot (it's actually where the clips go that secure the convertible boot when the top is down and covered).

Although I pointed out the clear glass to anyone who would listen (and some who weren't listening) at the photo shoots using the car, it was only the director of the Budweiser commercial who appreciated the fact.

Click here to view the Budweiser commercial on Youtube

Attached picture resize06.JPG
Attached picture resize05.JPG

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 07:54 PM

I received the car in mostly stock trim (albeit very tired and with an interior infected with Leprosy). The hood had already been bashed and replaced with a "safe" one (larger hinge bolts + crumple zones). The D O D G E and 383 Magnum callouts were never remounted. A chrome gas cap got on there too.

On my watch, I changed the interior to black and traded out the engine (numbers engine still exists, and is going back in it). The repaint is modern FE5 + clear coat, but over a "primer" of Viper red. Because of this, it looks different than "correct" FE5 (not just shinier, but also deeper) in the sun. I also replaced the front valence and never got around to remounting the chrome trim there.

Attached picture DSCF0023.JPG
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 08:02 PM

Very cool Steve.

Tinted glass was recommended with AC, but not required.

Clear glass was standard & tinted cost extra.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By 68HemiB
M63 "S/E" bling (yes, I know there's no such thing as an R/T-S/E convertible). I am not sure what 6bblgt means about "belt mouldings", but this WAS an early build car. It had the rear argent panel, chrome on the front valence, back of the hood, along the top of the doors, and around the convertible boot (it's actually where the clips go that secure the convertible boot when the top is down and covered).

is your former R/T's VON Q03954? It would make sense that I'd seen it decades ago at one of the Spring Flings & wrote the fender tag info down & missed C15 (deluxe seat belts) for C16 (console) blush

the pictures are not the greatest but in the above pics of the ADAM-12 & MOD SQUAD R/Ts it appears the chrome mouldings on the tops of the doors & back of the hood/fenders are not there - anyone have a clearer screen capture that clarifies the issue?

I was aware of the '71-'72 MOD SQUAD 340 Challenger convertibles - there are a couple still out there - this thread is the first I've heard of red R/Ts used during the '70 season. up

Attached picture mod squad 1972 Challenger.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 10:02 PM

Don't have the VON in front of me, but Barry might have my info on file.

(Barry: Did I ever give you my info?)

I can offer that the VIN ends in 1968, if that helps to check your records.

I can assure you that on MY car, there was/is chrome at the top of the doors and rear edge of the hood and short top run of the front fenders.

I attach these photos ONLY as a reference of this chrome.
There is no need to look elsewhere in the photos, other than at the chrome.

Attached picture DSCF0011.JPG
Attached picture DSCF0032.JPG
Attached picture DSCF0038.JPG

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 10:11 PM

Came across a better view of the chrome (and teenagers in a typical pose).

No need to look at those other pictures, now.

Attached picture DSCF0016.JPG

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 10:14 PM

...or this one.

Wait, there's hardly any chrome here.

nevermind

Attached picture 042.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 11:43 PM

Great pictures and information.
Posted By: BigMoneyLewis

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/13/17 11:47 PM

Back in the day most tv shows had a contract with a certain car brand .
The shows got a brand new car(s) for the star(s) each model year
For example , I dream of Jeanie had Pontiac , and you can see Larry Hagman
sporting around in a Firebird convertible . Bewitched had a contract with Chevrolet and Darren Stevens was driving a Camaro convertible in 1969 and
his boss Larry Tate was stylin and profiling in a 69 Corvette convertible .
The Brady Bunch had a contract with Plymouth and they furnished them with a brand new convertible Barracuda in 70 and 71 . The contract said they get a convertible so in 1972 they had to make them one by using the 71 and swapping in the 72 grille taillights etc. They did the same for Mod squad who had a contract with Dodge .I believe George Barris did the mods. Beverly Hillbillies also had a contract with Dodge and Jane Hathaway got a brand new red convertible each season .

Greg

Attached picture jane1.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 12:05 AM

Here are a couple of pics of one of the Firebirds from I dream of Jeannie..

Attached picture JEANNIE%2068%20FIREBIRD%201.jpg
Attached picture jeannie45l.492.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 12:20 AM

I like the 67 GTO convertible in blue on the Genie show.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 12:33 AM

Hey Evets,
No, but I do have it recorded. I saw it at Spring Fling once.

Did you find any broadcast sheets in it?

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By Alaskan_TA

Hey Evets,
No, but I do have it recorded. I saw it at Spring Fling once.

Did you find any broadcast sheets in it?

No broadcast sheets [that I remember]. It is possible that a long-ago trip down to TJ involving liquor and upholstery left a silly piece of paper that no one care about back then in a Mexican landfill.

Back to Dan's questions about "belt moulding"...

I re-reviewed the Look Back Yesterday episode, and was reminded just how many excellent views of the car there are. No screen capture technology here, but I guarantee that the car on screen has chrome where my car has chrome, as I demonstrated above in photos.

Note that this episode features both a young Margot Kidder (of Superman fame) and Mark Goddard (Lost in Space).

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 01:28 AM

Very cool info
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 02:15 AM

I must be getting way old, my first thought was what a perv with all the high school girls.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By EV2Bird
I must be getting way old, my first thought was what a perv with all the high school girls.

c'mon they're paid professionals laugh2

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 03:37 AM

The license number on the mod squad lime green R/T convertible is 360 ANK. Car has wheel lip trim and rocker trim, grille sometimes looks argent and sometimes black. Every scene Is at night.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 03:41 AM

The red mod squad car looks to have the belt moulding on it all the time.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:52 AM

Is that a WAG or just a general disrespect to women in general?

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By Alaskan_TA

Is that a WAG or just a general disrespect to women in general?

it was a commercial shoot work
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:27 AM

Now I feel really old, I binged WAG and not sure what to look for.

Dog walking or pet motels?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=WAG&pc=MOZI&form=MOZTSB

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 06:50 AM

Yes, I am a perv.

There are two kinds of females seen in, on, and near my car in this thread.

1. High school beauty queens in long, conservative gowns, getting prepared for an enjoyable time waving to the crowd along a parade route.

2. Adult women dressed in bikinis, working a paid gig on a high-budget shoot for a national magazine.

I have almost 20 years of photos, documenting both paid and volunteer work for movies, TV, print media, and personal appearances. I chose to share a small subset of those photos, thinking it might provide some entertainment to the membership.

Boy, do I miss this place.

not

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 06:55 AM

Yes, I am a perv.

There are two kinds of females seen in, on, and near my car in this thread.

1. High school beauty queens in long, conservative gowns, getting prepared for an enjoyable time waving to the crowd along a parade route.

2. Adult women dressed in bikinis, working a paid gig on a high-budget shoot for a national magazine.

I have almost 20 years of photos, documenting both paid and volunteer work for movies, TV, print media, and personal appearances. I chose to share a small subset of those photos, thinking it might provide some entertainment to the membership.

Boy, do I miss this place.

not

Some of us appreciated the photos and seeing you get to enjoy your car and the work you did up

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 03:52 PM

I think most of the members appreciate the pictures and information that 68HemiB provided. I know I did.
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 03:58 PM

I love that episode. Adam 12 had some great MoPars in it, plus the old shots of LA are pretty cool.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:16 PM

My favorite Martian Fury's

Attached picture mart311b.5938.jpg
Attached picture i245177.jpg
Attached picture i245184.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:18 PM

Munsters

Attached picture i261308.jpg
Attached picture i261358.jpg
Attached picture i262838.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:18 PM

Mayberry RFD Barracuda

Attached picture i447025.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:28 PM

Bewtiched Performance Stuff

Attached picture hqdefault.jpg
Attached picture i230237.jpg
Attached picture i230238.jpg
Attached picture 231chev.9681.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:29 PM

More Bewitched

Attached picture 4391_1963buickrivierabewitched_low_res.jpg
Attached picture 6c1ae3474a113429efbdf3d37072a4ac--elizabeth-montgomery-season-.jpg
Attached picture i230250.jpg
Attached picture 252.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:29 PM

More

Attached picture 807.jpg
Attached picture 1281965chevymalibu.jpg
Attached picture download.jpg
Attached picture 251.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:31 PM

A few more

Attached picture i230234.jpg
Attached picture 201991-852.jpg
Attached picture download (2).jpg
Attached picture download (1).jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:35 PM

Great stuff pacecar!

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:39 PM

The Beaver

Attached picture 3beav3a.1413.jpg
Attached picture images.jpg
Attached picture 3beav32d.9597.jpg
Attached picture capture0dhw3.151.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:39 PM

More Beaver

Attached picture 3beav14h.8095.jpg
Attached picture i146822.jpg
Attached picture 617316xf2.2228.jpg
Attached picture i166340.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:41 PM

Still hitting the Beaver.

Attached picture c28bc29c26b149bee7d598bf5dd31ea3--movie-cars-movie-tv.jpg
Attached picture i166152.jpg
Attached picture i168103.jpg
Attached picture i069395.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 04:42 PM

Still need more Beaver

Attached picture i069395.jpg
Attached picture b086cbd6073fd7c6ab3b4d0fd48e2632--leave-it-to-beaver-beavers.jpg
Attached picture 170873.jpg
Attached picture hqdefault (1).jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:25 PM

Mayberry RFD Cars (Andy Griffith used Fords) but Bob Mosher joined as the writer of Mayberry RFD and brought Chrysler along with him.

Attached picture images (3).jpg
Attached picture 1rfd14d.jpg
Attached picture cowboy3.jpg
Attached picture off.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:26 PM

More RFD

Attached picture 1rfd10e.jpg
Attached picture secretary8.jpg
Attached picture 1rfd4c.jpg
Attached picture aloha1.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:27 PM

Still in Mayberry

Attached picture 1rfd10h.jpg
Attached picture i447014.jpg
Attached picture i447030.jpg
Attached picture i447016.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:29 PM

Staying in Mayberry

Attached picture i447020.jpg
Attached picture i447015.jpg
Attached picture a099b2d75655f815ba08ed0fdba8ff6a--virtual-tour-acre.jpg
Attached picture farmhand6.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:30 PM

Hillbillies

Attached picture chickadee-valiant.jpg
Attached picture images (2).jpg
Attached picture images (1).jpg
Attached picture bh24.6494.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:32 PM

More Hillbillies

Attached picture MrsDrysdale01Big.jpg
Attached picture 629f0864cb90e5f3f9bbf11411979076.jpg
Attached picture i229915.jpg
Attached picture hqdefault (2).jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:33 PM

BH

Attached picture bev26.jpg
Attached picture 64-imperial.jpg
Attached picture dodge-330.jpg
Attached picture dodge-polara-1964.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:35 PM

BH more

Attached picture dodge-330.jpg
Attached picture dodge-polara-1964.jpg
Attached picture new-yorker.jpg
Attached picture i229915.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:43 PM

Gomer Pyle Time

Attached picture i236312.jpg
Attached picture gomer51j.1705.jpg
Attached picture gomer88.7855 (1).jpg
Attached picture gomer124a.7690.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:43 PM

More Pyle

Attached picture 180684-gomer416d.jpg
Attached picture gomer527d.1236.jpg
Attached picture images (4).jpg
Attached picture i226673.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:44 PM

USMC PYLE

Attached picture 180685-219.jpg
Attached picture i239473.jpg
Attached picture i233212.jpg
Attached picture i236300.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:45 PM

PYLE

Attached picture i236306.jpg
Attached picture i236285.jpg
Attached picture i236289.jpg
Attached picture i231759.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:46 PM

Still Pyle

Attached picture i236323.jpg
Attached picture i236312.jpg
Attached picture i231755.jpg
Attached picture i233216.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:47 PM

More PYle

Attached picture gomer87.3382.jpg
Attached picture 183548-gomer524c.jpg
Attached picture 7671dc190f11d1255852f2544195220d.jpg
Attached picture i236328.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:48 PM

Sill in the Marines

Attached picture 4ef7f62a933d17d1c721d7f2cdfcf761.jpg
Attached picture i231750.jpg
Attached picture i239453.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 05:49 PM

more

Attached picture i239464.jpg
Attached picture i231750.jpg
Attached picture i231763.jpg
Attached picture 14b3cfa72d1aedc2f5226f238dbf215f--tv-movie-movie-cars.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 10:53 PM

Adam 12

Attached picture A-12-Tow-Rig-2.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 10:54 PM

Attached picture Adam-12.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 10:55 PM

Attached picture i704741.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 10:56 PM

Attached picture i552687.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 10:57 PM

Attached picture i745982.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 10:58 PM

Attached picture 1966-plymouth-belvedere-adam-12-lapd.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 10:59 PM

Attached picture 12-06-03-adam-12-03.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 11:00 PM

Attached picture i048283.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 11:03 PM

Attached picture Cop-Cars-Adam12-1967-Plymouth-Belvedere.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/14/17 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By NANKET
There is one episode with another 70 Challenger R/T convertible. It is lime green with white top stripe interior, 15X7 rallies, polyglas tires with tire size. Has rocker mouldings, body side mouldings, front bumper guards, dual painted mirrors, painted gas cap, argent grill with R/T emblems on both fenders and the grille, no exh tips, and no moulding across the rear edge of the hood. They show it pretty good from the outside under street lights several times, can't tell interior details other than a rim blow wheel.

With all these great pictures I hate to be greedy but let's see this other mod squad Challenger R/T convertible.
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/15/17 02:28 PM

Wow, that is a lot of body roll during that corner maneuver.
Posted By: GMP440

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/15/17 04:44 PM

Someone on Moparts owns the 68 or 69 Coronet 500 convertible that Jane Hathaway (Nancey Culp) used in the Beverly Hillbillies show. If you are still on Moparts please give us the history of the car; how you got it , etc.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/15/17 06:20 PM

I have recently received a few PMs from other members.

Either because of the new board software, or the way my profile is configured, I no longer get email notifications that I have PMs waiting. Because I am going back to rarely visits status, please don't think me a jerk that is ignoring you - I just don't know that I have an unread PM waiting.

A better way to contact me is via email ==>> stevednerd <at> aol <dot> com

(aol?? Yes, color me a luddite who doesn't change his email address as often as he changes his underwear.)
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/15/17 06:26 PM

Because I am going back to rarely visits status

Yer going to be missing out...

Maybe check-out the Danica thread, or the pit thread before you 'go to sleep'...

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/15/17 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By jeff968

With all these great pictures I hate to be greedy but let's see this other mod squad Challenger R/T convertible.

OK, first time I saw this I flew out of the chair, it looks,great on screen. Butthese are pictures of the TV screen so they are so great looking here, sorry for my low tech skills.

Posted By: skicker

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/15/17 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By 65pacecar
Still hitting the Beaver.

This is probably the ONLY thread on this board where you could get away with that reply... bow

Lots of cool old pics that I was too young to see...Thx to the whole lot of you guys... up

I do remember a vert Barracuda on the Brady Bunch but only because of re-runs into the 80's...
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By jeff968

OK, first time I saw this I flew out of the chair, it looks,great on screen. Butthese are pictures of the TV screen so they are so great looking here, sorry for my low tech skills.

Is that a six pack conv ??

Reason is ask is there is a survivor six pack vert in Burbank/NoHo/East Valley area that's from that area all its life. Same white interior, white top.

But I can't remember if it was a side molding car or not.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 04:37 AM

Very cool Scott.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 04:43 AM

Well I cannot make out the hood emblems. The only thing I could see inside is a rim blow wheel. Can't tell if the seat is a bench or buckets, never see them shift the car. Seems like and automatic. Seems like they actually use the sound of the actual car moving, not overdub sounds. They do a lot of outdoor driving in all episodes.

Car definitely has no chrome tips, dual painted mirrors, rocker trim and side moulding. That and the colors should make it darn close to a one of one car.

Can you go check out that survivor for the options it has? Fender tag?

I need to watch it again to see if there is a skid plate K-member in there.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 05:25 AM

Well I cannot make out the hood emblems. The only thing I could see inside is a rim blow wheel. Can't tell if the seat is a bench or buckets, never see them shift the car. Seems like and automatic. Seems like they actually use the sound of the actual car moving, not overdub sounds. They do a lot of outdoor driving in all episodes.

Car definitely has no chrome tips, dual painted mirrors, rocker trim and side moulding. That and the colors should make it darn close to a one of one car.

Im pretty sure a 70 RT with turndowns would make it an CA emissions Hemi or 6-pack car.

I know 383's CA emissions got tips. I think 440-4bbl did too.

It's not a Hemi car. Only sublime one was that Canadian one, right?

So it does seem like a six pack.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 05:28 AM

Can anyone read the license plate in that sublime Challenger??

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 06:52 AM

Originally Posted By autoxcuda

Im pretty sure a 70 RT with turndowns would make it an CA emissions Hemi or 6-pack car.

I know 383's CA emissions got tips. I think 440-4bbl did too.

It's not a Hemi car. Only sublime one was that Canadian one, right?

So it does seem like a six pack.

You are correct - the turndowns make it a Sixpack car
Posted By: A12

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 07:18 AM

Adam 12 "Who Won" episode: (oh and isn't ADAM the police radio term for the letter "A"......would that make it A12 biggrin and I bought my '69 Road Runner new in 1969 and it was F5 GREEN wink

Attached picture IMG_4623.PNG
Attached picture IMG_4626.PNG
Attached picture My F5 RR Jo Ann and current F5 001 - Copy.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 07:33 AM

The license number on the mod squad lime green R/T convertible is 360 ANK.

Pretty neat it's a 6 pack.

The show with the lime green convertible was dated January 12, 1971. That was 5 1/2 months after 1970 car production stopped.
Car could have been damaged and repaired with tips deleted and a smooth valence installed?

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 07:57 AM

Ok well here is the dash showing the A/C and rim blow.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 08:00 AM

This car has bucket seat with a bare floor, at least when this scene was filmed. Linc enters the car behind the drivers desert and steps on the tunnel to get in the passenger seat.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 09:03 AM

you can see the column shifter & the power window switches scope

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 09:06 AM

The show with the lime green convertible was dated January 12, 1971. That was 5 1/2 months after 1970 car production stopped.
Car could have been damaged and repaired with tips deleted and a smooth valence installed?

the red R/Ts are September '69 builds - when did the first show air with them?

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/16/17 10:40 PM

The first episode for the red convert was December 30, 1969 and the last show for it was January 1971.
Posted By: sixpacksteve

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/17/17 02:03 AM

there was an Adam 12 episode where they went to a drag strip and i think mcord raced the other cop in a 55 chevy!
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/17/17 03:04 AM

This thread is SO cool! So may great photos & information. Back in 1989, my old business partner flew out to Los Angeles area to hunt musclecars - GTO's & Mopars. He bought 3 '69 Roadrunners - one of them was an F5 green column shift 383 RR that had supposedly been owned by actor Jackson Bostwyck. There was some documentation with the car - I believe it was legit. We sold it as soon as it got back to MI.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/17/17 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By sixpacksteve
there was an Adam 12 episode where they went to a drag strip and i think mcord raced the other cop in a 55 chevy!

It was all in the same drag racing episode. He raced a 55 ford against a 67 or 68 camaro.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 09/17/17 05:11 AM

Or it could just be a California SIXPACK car and it's 100% correct - we had tons of Sixpack E-Bodies here in the day and the way you knew when you were in trouble was the dual turndowns grin

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 03/22/18 06:54 PM

bump

Some of the contents of this thread have generated interest outside the active membership of this site.
As a public service, I am resetting the timer in an effort to keep the thread from being purged for a little bit longer.

Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves (or NOT) this thread dredged up from last year, but know that I am unlikely to see your comments, and even less likely to respond here.

I remain in rarely visits status. I posted my email address earlier in this thread, and that is the preferred mechanism for contact (instead of a PM that I never know is waiting).

carry on

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 03/22/18 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By A12
Adam 12 "Who Won" episode: (oh and isn't ADAM the police radio term for the letter "A"......would that make it A12 biggrin and I bought my '69 Road Runner new in 1969 and it was F5 GREEN wink

That 383 4spd RR was originally owned by a fellow club member until he passed away about 20 years ago. It had/has the same slots and stance as in the episode. The car was fully restored but he did save the stickers on the underside of the trunk.

Description: Picture I took at a club poker rally in Malibu
Attached picture C9BFBA43-BC3E-4EE8-8E50-5D556F24504E.jpeg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 03/22/18 07:23 PM

What about red 71 Challengers on Mod Squad.

Julius restored a 340 conv that the owner claimed was a see on the show. Was a survivor before it was left outside frown

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 03/22/18 09:04 PM

Cool thread. Thanks for reviving it!

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 03/22/18 09:59 PM

Julius restored a 340 conv that the owner claimed was a see on the show. Was a survivor before it was left outside frown

When they show close ups of the hood callouts it says 383 on the red 1970. Never saw a red 71, they were gold, black stripes, tan interior.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 03/22/18 10:19 PM

When they show close ups' of the hood callouts it says 383

Did they ever have 1971 Challenger convertibles in the show? The one I’ve seen has black interior and still had OE interior in 1990 or so (since replaced and restored)

I see pictures of 70’s, but no 71’s

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 03/23/18 01:25 AM

Yes they had 71's. They were modified into 72's but left the chrome side markers in them. The same colors gold black stripe tan interior.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 03/23/18 02:04 AM

MCG did an article on the 72 Convertibles about 25 years ago .
I have the issue here somewhere but it would take a long time to find it .

Greg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 03/23/18 02:21 AM

Yes they had 71's. They were modified into 72's but left the chrome side markers in them. The same colors gold black stripe tan interior.

The one that I know of that claimed to be used in Mod Squad was a 71 FE5 red, black interior, 340 console auto, rallye gauges, power window, A/C, magnums.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 03/23/18 05:09 AM

what was the Dr. show that had the red Challenger convertibles?
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 03/23/18 06:40 AM

IIRC,I think the show was called Medical Center,Chad Everett was the star on the show.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 03/23/18 06:44 AM

I also remember seeing a Mannix episode where he was driving a 72 rallye Challenger with a factory sunroof. I wonder if that car still exists.

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 01/17/20 10:09 PM

Isn't The Google a wonderful thing?

Hi guys. Just checking in to give this thread a quick bump
and add an anecdote about recent developments.

I just got off the phone with someone who had some interesting stories to share. Having an "I wonder what ever happened to...?" moment, he did a search on Mod Squad Challenger. After finding this thread in the search results, he reached out to me via email. His story is this:

A few years ago, he retired from a career as a professional photographer. He worked initially free-lance, and then ended up running the the entire photography department for a national specialty retailer you would have heard of. It was during his freelance days (early 1973) that he sold a rusty Porsche Speedster and from La Brea Dodge bought a used Challenger convertible (license plate 113 AEG) because it had a bigger trunk to hold all his photography gear. He drove the heck out of the car during 1973, both around the greater L.A. area, and out to gigs in Palm Springs. Late that same year (1973), he sold the car to Huntington Beach Chrysler-Plymouth, so he could "upgrade" into a VW Bus (to hold all his photography gear...). He says that in those days, the car was still quite stunning, with only a small ding in the leading edge of the still-original hood, and a very slight orange-ing of the interior. At one point he was in the Sav-on parking lot at the corner of Ventura and Laurel Canyon. He was approached by Glen Campbell, who said "Beautiful Car. It was in The Mod Squad". Of course, this was news to Mr Photographer, and stuck in his memory to this day.

Yes, this is hearsay, and not provenance. Still makes for an interesting story.

Alas, Mr. Photographer never took any pictures of the car back then (nor, he observes, did he snap any photos of his dog).

The ownership path makes sense, with the car leaving the production company and finding it's way directly [or through an intermediate owner] onto the used car lot on La Brea. After Mr. Photographer is done with it, it again goes to a used car lot down in Huntington Beach. From there, it gets purchased by the local family (whose name I forget), who munches and repairs the hood, and then sells it to me (still in HB).

As for today (see attached), it has the red interior back in place. The numbers engine is rebuilt, and waiting for the engine bay to be primed and painted. It is looking 50/50 for making it to MATS this March.

Going back to rarely visits status now. If you want to contact me, do so via email (in my profile and seen earlier in this thread), and not via a PM which I will never know is waiting.

Attached picture carl_challenger.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 01/17/20 10:18 PM

Wow.

A random Evets sighting. wave
Posted By: B Dartman

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 01/17/20 10:34 PM

Original Gone in 60 Seconds - 1974

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 01/17/20 10:43 PM

Brewster McCloud - 1971

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 01/17/20 11:17 PM

I seem to remember the Challenger Jane Hathaway drove was found a few years back ,,,,Or was it ?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: C_B5

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 01/18/20 05:29 AM

While the various year challenger convertibles were used extensively in the mod squad series as others have pointed out there were many more cool mopars that appeared in scenes or background.

What I can’t believe is that no one has made reference to the 1971 barracuda convertible that was in the show.

I don’t recall the name of the episode and only remember seeing it once. It’s a red barracuda convertible with a flat hood, black interior, boot and body side molding. It’s a minor vehicle as far as screen time but there’s a good shot of the car since it pulls up to a stop on the street.
In the scene a girl in a bikini is driving the barracuda pulls up along the street and gives a young boy a ride who’s going to the beach. If I remember the rest of the episode, Julie (Peggy Lipton) goes looking for the missing boy. Maybe that info will help someone identify the actual mod squad episode and year that it appears.

Here’s a picture of the car from the mod squad episode.

Attached picture B6093B4A-5BC4-4636-B7D0-385DEFB3D1FB.jpeg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 01/18/20 12:54 PM

Theres a funny line under this picture on web site picture was found on:

"Claire Allen (Margot Kidder) openly wept when she discovered Pete's car is just a 383 Magnum RT. Julie Barnes winced in sympathy."

[Linked Image]

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 01/18/20 02:44 PM

I am planning on meeting Carl at the Madera show this year with my Challenger. I'll have the interior switched back to the original red by then. It will be cool to have the two red on red Challenger R/T convertibles together.

Attached picture 20190922_152011.jpg

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 01/20/20 09:20 PM

Nice, did your car have the belt molding like in the photo? Or just the other one?

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 01/21/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by jeff968
Nice, did your car have the belt molding like in the photo? Or just the other one?

No belt molding on mine

Re: Mod Squad Challenger R/T - 10/08/23 07:57 PM

I thought I would drop in and give this old thread a bump

Last weekend, I went to Fresno and had a conjugal visit with my former car (okay, all it really involved was driving the car to and from the SJVMC annual car show for Carl).

He has redone the convertible top, and finished with the last bits of correct red interior.
Wade gifted him with a Greenlight Collectibles 1:18 model, which, aside from an incorrect console, is amazingly accurate.

Attached are a few shots of the car from last week.

Soon, I hope to have a "highlights" video posted to my youtube channel, with all the scenes with the car from the Call Back Yesterday episode.

Attached picture exterior.jpg
Attached picture interior1.jpg
Attached picture interior2.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums