Moparts

67 gtx grille pics

Posted By: PROSATELLITE

67 gtx grille pics - 11/17/11 04:16 AM

need a pic of a 67 gtx grille and headlight bezels.trying to restore mine myself.
thanks
Posted By: EF8aar

Re: 67 gtx grille pics - 11/17/11 04:54 AM

Not sure if these photos help at all, but it's worth a shot. This is a friends 4 speed car back in '84 or so.

Anyone know where this car is today? Last 4 digits of the vin are 2182. It's rumored to be in Florida..
Posted By: 1970Cuda

Re: 67 gtx grille pics - 11/17/11 01:09 PM

Here's a pic of a Belvedere grille. The Satellites and GTX's had an argent silver texture in the recess. The Belvedere was painted white in the recess.

Attached picture 6923424-CopyofDSC00012.JPG
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: 67 gtx grille pics - 11/18/11 04:34 AM

I have some decent close-ups of my Satellite which is the same as the GTX in front. The nice thing is there are only two paints; dark argent and black.

1. Black goes on the headlight doors' flat areas around the headlights and the thin verticals that hold the horizontals in the main grille area.

2. Dark Argent goes:
- In the thin outside stripe that "surrounds" all of the grille elements. Headlight doors, hood trim, bottom of center grille.
- On the three upper and lower thin horizontal stripes of the headlight doors.
- On the three upper and lower thin horizontal "fins" across the center grille area.
- In the inner recessed area of the headlight openings CLOSEST to the headlight lenses.

Hope this helps. PM me your email address and I can send you detailed pix.
-Art
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: 67 gtx grille pics - 11/18/11 06:48 AM

Here are some pics of my 67 Satellite, it's an unrestored 17k mile car.

Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: 67 gtx grille pics - 11/18/11 03:29 PM

I know this is a bit off topic but there are two different styles of headlight doors and trim pieces for Belvedere's. One style has a white painted center and one has a black painted center. I own both styles, both 1967 Belvedere II's. The only differece I can see is one has the sill trim like a GTX and the other has the chrome trim strip at the top of the quarters/door/fender.
Posted By: PROSATELLITE

Re: 67 gtx grille pics - 11/19/11 12:34 AM

thanks everyone for the pics and info.
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: 67 gtx grille pics - 11/19/11 03:06 AM

Got your PM's. Photos emailed.

Quote:

I know this is a bit off topic but there are two different styles of headlight doors and trim pieces for Belvedere's. One style has a white painted center and one has a black painted center. I own both styles, both 1967 Belvedere II's. The only differece I can see is one has the sill trim like a GTX and the other has the chrome trim strip at the top of the quarters/door/fender.

Yeah, you never know with Ma Mopar. The '67 Plymouth sales catalog shows the convertible Belvedere II with Black in the recessed stripe surrounding each headlight door and on the hood edge trim. The Belv II hardtop is shown with White. The Belv I's are all White. Go figure.
Posted By: badblack68

Re: 67 gtx grille pics - 11/19/11 09:03 PM

Art,
I recieved the pictures. Thanks for the detailed explanation of the colors used and where they are applied. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Mark
Posted By: NANKET

Re: 67 gtx grille pics - 11/20/11 07:37 PM

Here is a NOS GRILLE

Attached picture 6928119-DSC07108.JPG
Posted By: NANKET

Re: 67 gtx grille pics - 11/20/11 07:39 PM

The grille bars are dark argent, the dark part facing forward behind the grille bars is black, it was not tapeed off with a sharp paint edge, it was just masked by a blocker with an oversprayed edge. The mounting brackets are black.

Attached picture 6928120-DSC07111.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums