Moparts

1966 Chrysler 440 TNT Air Cleaner Decal

Posted By: NicksGarage

1966 Chrysler 440 TNT Air Cleaner Decal - 11/16/11 11:16 PM

Anyone reproducing these? They look to be silkscreend on aluminum.

Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 1966 Chrysler 440 TNT Air Cleaner Decal - 11/17/11 01:03 AM

Not that i know of Nick, having owned one of those and search forever I can tell you that it's a needed part quite a few would buy. Just flat aluminum with the silkscreen artwork, wouldn't be too hard to make with a good original as a pattern.
Posted By: RestoRick

Re: 1966 Chrysler 440 TNT Air Cleaner Decal - 11/17/11 04:14 PM

Was that triangle in the letter "N" missing the silver outline originally or was the pic photoshopped there or the part touched up? (I know, a lot of or's... lol)
Posted By: Commando1

Re: 1966 Chrysler 440 TNT Air Cleaner Decal - 11/17/11 08:24 PM

Quote:

Was that triangle in the letter "N" missing the silver outline originally or was the pic photoshopped there or the part touched up? (I know, a lot of or's... lol)

Re: 1966 Chrysler 440 TNT Air Cleaner Decal - 11/18/11 04:51 AM

Quote:

I don't know why the difference. Here is the old thread where I acquired those pictures from Howie. I did nothing to the images in that area.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=

Reading it again I see that Howie had gotten a repro decal at some point but I don't know if that is what he used. I remember the old "pie tin" decals they used to sell before the tins were available.
Posted By: demonH1B

Re: 1966 Chrysler 440 TNT Air Cleaner Decal - 11/18/11 03:30 PM

The photo of the air cleaner insert alone, is correct, I have one like it, still glued on the air cleaner. I've had it for years.
The photo of the air cleaner installed, with the triangle outlined,
is a repro decal, no aluminum backing. I have one of those also,unused.

Re: 1966 Chrysler 440 TNT Air Cleaner Decal - 11/18/11 05:38 PM

So if someone were to reproduce them, would you do it with the typeface flaw or not? I think if someone didn't point it out, most people wouldn't notice the flaw.
Posted By: Commando1

Re: 1966 Chrysler 440 TNT Air Cleaner Decal - 11/18/11 10:41 PM

Quote:

So if someone were to reproduce them, would you do it with the typeface flaw or not? I think if someone didn't point it out, most people wouldn't notice the flaw.

With that little bit of trivia, I bet you could trip up even Galen...
© 2024 Moparts Forums