Moparts

68 Road Runner door panels???

Posted By: JERICOGTX

68 Road Runner door panels??? - 11/13/11 11:38 PM

What is the difference in Sedan panels vs. Hardtop panels? I know the hole for the rear window crank on a hardtop isn't in the sedan panels but what about color? I need a blue set. just wondering if the colors are flipped.

Jeff
Posted By: topside

Re: 68 Road Runner door panels??? - 11/14/11 01:28 AM

Coupes had either the base interior - 1-color panels, Reed grain center - or the Decor Group (Satellite) 2-tone panels, square quilts in the center. Decor panels were the same colors whether coupe or HT. All '68 HTs were Decor Group cars.
I've seen base-interior panels with 2 colors, but they're not correct according to original cars I've seen in 3 different colors, including my silver ones.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: 68 Road Runner door panels??? - 11/14/11 02:30 AM

My RR is a hard top. But since it is a race car, I want to install coupe panels, because I have removed the rear window regulators, and the glass will be fixed.
Posted By: topside

Re: 68 Road Runner door panels??? - 11/14/11 04:10 AM

Only problem with coupe Decor Group panels back there is they had armrests. If you're buying repros, specify that you don't want the vinyl punched. Maybe they're not punched, I don't know; I've only dealt with NOS or mint used for those, not the repro ones.
If you don't care if the panels are correct for a HT, look for someone parting a Belvedere or RR coupe, either '68 or '69. Same pattern. Rear armrests were optional, so check that.
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: 68 Road Runner door panels??? - 11/14/11 07:51 AM

Hello Jeff,
On my race car I ordered new panels from legendary and just put chrome plugs in the arm rest holes and it looked Good.
Mine didn't have any window crank holes in them when I bought them which I didn't want anyways.
This was a long time ago like around 94 I think. My rear windows were fixed also. They were a Good fit and never came out the whole time I owned it. Never asked about getting them holeless.
I did have to trim mine a little to clear the tubs but worked fine.
David
© 2024 Moparts Forums