Moparts

detailing dashes......

Posted By: Roadrunner440-6

detailing dashes...... - 10/27/11 05:12 AM

What's the recomendation for bringing back the white lettering on ....for example...the heater controls on a challenger. White paint.....white magic marker.?????? What do the pros do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: cudablues

Re: detailing dashes...... - 10/27/11 01:38 PM

I used a paint pen.Got it from a hobby store
Posted By: Roadrunner440-6

Re: detailing dashes...... - 10/27/11 02:47 PM

thanks......I'll get one today.
Posted By: CDN72SE

Re: detailing dashes...... - 10/27/11 06:37 PM

I've read that a lot of people use Testor's white model paint and a Q-tip or fine brush or toothpick for the lettering.

For the dash vent I uses a silver Krylon paint pen, came out good enough for me.

Posted By: jrwoodjoe

Re: detailing dashes...... - 10/27/11 07:00 PM

I used a paint pen like this from the Hobby or Craft Store and it is so easy and looks great. Just select the tip that will work best for what you trying to do. I used a flat tip or tapered tip for my lines and/or letters.

Good Luck, Joe

Posted By: burdar

Re: detailing dashes...... - 10/27/11 07:09 PM

I also used a paint pen and it turned out perfect. I was worried there would be some pen strokes in the paint but there were none.
Posted By: BTTG

Re: detailing dashes...... - 10/27/11 07:31 PM

For raised lettering this seems like it would work, but can the paint pens also be used on depressed lettering such as that on the e brake pull handle (i.e., is the pen tip thin enough to paint inside the lettering)?
Posted By: burdar

Re: detailing dashes...... - 10/27/11 07:37 PM

For the E-brake handle I used Testors model paint. I brushed it into the recessed letters...let it dry and wiped the excess off the face of the handle with mineral spirits.

I did the same thing with the map light bezel.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: detailing dashes...... - 10/29/11 08:51 PM

Dont know if anyone has done this but I've used Testors white paint or equivalent and used the eraser of a pencil to apply it. Kinda like a stencil. Just get the eraser wet (not dripping) and press on to the lettering...perfect
Posted By: lahatte

Re: detailing dashes...... - 10/30/11 10:05 AM

That is a great idea! Thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums