Moparts

speaking of roofrail weatherstrip....

Posted By: LimeliteAero

speaking of roofrail weatherstrip.... - 10/17/11 01:49 PM

is there a favorable opinion as to who sells the best available? I have a pair(softseal) that I bought many years ago but dont want something thats going to alter the closing of the doors.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: speaking of roofrail weatherstrip.... - 10/17/11 02:43 PM

drop the soffseal stuff in the trash can and get the metro supersoff stuff.
Trust me, you WILL be hours ahead of the game when it comes times to adjust the doors and glass.

I buy it either from Holgar at Supercar Restorations in NY .
Or Randy at Dixie Restorations parts in Ga.
Both friends of mine and both easy to deal with
Posted By: rod440

Re: speaking of roofrail weatherstrip.... - 10/19/11 06:30 PM

Any opinions on Steele rubber products?
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: speaking of roofrail weatherstrip.... - 10/19/11 06:57 PM

Quote:

sorry, never used them
Posted By: Commando1

Re: speaking of roofrail weatherstrip.... - 10/20/11 12:53 PM

Quote:

I told them I had a C-body.
They hung up on me.
Posted By: MY340

Re: speaking of roofrail weatherstrip.... - 10/21/11 02:48 PM

Quote:

is there a favorable opinion as to who sells the best available? I have a pair(softseal) that I bought many years ago but dont want something thats going to alter the closing of the doors.

Softseal worked fine on my Duster and easy to install. The only thing was a slight difference in length at the end from the old what I guess were originals.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: speaking of roofrail weatherstrip.... - 10/21/11 05:31 PM

Quote:

drop the soffseal stuff in the trash can and get the metro supersoff stuff.
Trust me, you WILL be hours ahead of the game when it comes times to adjust the doors and glass.

I buy it either from Holgar at Supercar Restorations in NY .
Or Randy at Dixie Restorations parts in Ga.
Both friends of mine and both easy to deal with

Yeah the SoffSeal was junk,...the Metro SuperSoft worked out OK for my 70 Charger, probally fine for a hand crank window car, but it was aggrivating setting up my power window set-up to have the glass seal properly on the motor power,....spent the whole day "playing" with it,....door seals are just horrible from ALL the manufacturers, I ended up using the original, with no issues, other than age of the pcs, the repro seals wouldn't allow the door to close without slamming the crap out of it, and in some cases, wouldn't close at all...
Mike
Posted By: jrwoodjoe

Re: speaking of roofrail weatherstrip.... - 10/21/11 05:35 PM

Just installed some Metro Soft Seal 0n my 70 Challenger and it fit great. Really nice.

Joe
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: speaking of roofrail weatherstrip.... - 10/22/11 01:57 AM

I was leaning towards what Mike suggested and using both the doors seals and the roof seals that I removed since the car is low miles and was mostly garaged from I can tell.
Posted By: MY340

Re: speaking of roofrail weatherstrip.... - 10/22/11 05:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Softseal worked fine on my Duster and easy to install. The only thing was a slight difference in length at the end from the old what I guess were originals.

Mine were Metro SuperSoft Seals from what I remeber.
© 2024 Moparts Forums