Moparts

Rallye wheel trim rings?

Posted By: UCUDANT

Rallye wheel trim rings? - 10/11/11 03:14 PM

Brushed are no longer available? Can someone detail if they ever used the polished ones? Do you see any difference in the following rings? web page

Attached picture 6866162-$(KGrHqEOKpgE5YvRkNP!BOiQItqedg~~60_12.JPG

Re: Rallye wheel trim rings? - 10/11/11 03:17 PM

next ebay

Re: Rallye wheel trim rings? - 10/11/11 03:18 PM

Another ebay set More rings

Re: Rallye wheel trim rings? - 10/11/11 03:22 PM

Wheel Vintiques..... web page
Posted By: 72roadrunnergtx

Re: Rallye wheel trim rings? - 10/11/11 04:03 PM

Quote:

Wheel Vintiques..... web page

Pretty sure it's the Mopar Performance reissue brushed ring that is no longer available. Wheel Vintiques also reproduces a brushed version of the rallye wheel trim ring, 3003b. I didn't have any problem ordering a set a few months back. It's my understanding that polished is correct for 70' and brushed is correct for 71' and up.

BTW, that last ebay link is my auction. I had ordered a set years ago while collecting parts for my resto, never looked at them. Turned out to be polished, replaced them earlier this year after reworking the Wilwoods so the rallyes would fit.
Posted By: rallye73

Re: Rallye wheel trim rings? - 10/11/11 05:19 PM

Not to jump off topic, but that sure looks like a nice '70 Firebird Espirit in background.

Re: Rallye wheel trim rings? - 10/11/11 05:31 PM

Quote:

Not to jump off topic, but that sure looks like a nice '70 Firebird Espirit in background.

Next door neighbor at a recent local show.
Posted By: MLR426

Re: Rallye wheel trim rings? - 10/11/11 05:55 PM

MCB in Michigan can brush finish the rings for you.

logan426

Re: Rallye wheel trim rings? - 10/11/11 11:09 PM

Quote:

Pretty sure it's the Mopar Performance reissue brushed ring that is no longer available. Wheel Vintiques also reproduces a brushed version of the rallye wheel trim ring, 3003b. I didn't have any problem ordering a set a few months back. It's my understanding that polished is correct for 70' and brushed is correct for 71' and up.

BTW, that last ebay link is my auction. I had ordered a set years ago while collecting parts for my resto, never looked at them. Turned out to be polished, replaced them earlier this year after reworking the Wilwoods so the rallyes would fit.

Thanks for the info/tips on the WV brushed trim rings and brushing service guys

Re: Rallye wheel trim rings? - 10/12/11 12:04 PM

Natural not brushed?

Re: Rallye wheel trim rings? - 10/12/11 03:28 PM

They are brushed. Check out page 58 of thier catalog. "B" indicates brushed.
© 2024 Moparts Forums