Moparts

Need pic of cuda antenna base installed

Posted By: UCUDANT

Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 09/28/11 12:37 PM

Morning all, as the topic states I need pic of a cuda antenna base installed specifically the trim ring my new one puts mine at an angle?
Posted By: burdar

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 09/28/11 03:10 PM

The new trim ring I bought for my Challenger wasn't shaped right. I had to have my original one rechromed.

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 09/28/11 10:03 PM

I bought Dales Cuda shops P/N ANTKN1Y. Anyone got a pic of a correct E body Cuda antenna ring installed so I can compare? Maybe I am doing something wrong but theres a lip on one side of the ring that forces the antenna to tilt. I used Dales Cuda shop for the antenna because of a few folks said to get it there. I can post a pic of the part when i get home this evening

The chrome guy called to say he wants an extra $100 for the bumperettes ..... nothing is easy and yes it does get old. I think that I may just install the glass and cover it for awhile
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 09/28/11 10:49 PM

My repop does that too.

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 09/29/11 01:28 AM

I can't accept an incorrect part, if it has my antenna at an angle. So whats up with this base? Did I do something wrong?

Attached picture 6846960-DSCF0651.JPG
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 09/29/11 11:26 AM

Wow, mine's not that bad. The top of the mast is only off to the side an inch or two.
Posted By: 70plymA34

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 09/29/11 03:16 PM

its not the bezel, its the position of the zinc bracket that the cable is attached to underneath. the only way to do this properly is to thread the antenna in and use it to turn the bracket under the panel and with your other hand gently try to push the part of the bezel that sticks out into the notch of the bracket underneath. its takes a few times before you get the right position. or take the cable assembly out altogether and test fit everything on the bench so you know where the notch on the bracket should be positioned so the bezel will sit correctly. good luck
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 09/29/11 04:23 PM

Quote:

I can't accept an incorrect part, if it has my antenna at an angle. So whats up with this base? Did I do something wrong?

That is obviously not right. I cannot help you as mine has the factory top bezel but the rest of the antenna is a disguised two way radio antenna. They were used in the era by undercover cops from BNDD, FBI and other groups with initials for surveillance. I am using it for amateur radio. It has been on the car since 1979.
Craig

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 09/30/11 01:17 AM

Quote:

its not the bezel, its the position of the zinc bracket that the cable is attached to underneath. the only way to do this properly is to thread the antenna in and use it to turn the bracket under the panel and with your other hand gently try to push the part of the bezel that sticks out into the notch of the bracket underneath. its takes a few times before you get the right position. or take the cable assembly out altogether and test fit everything on the bench so you know where the notch on the bracket should be positioned so the bezel will sit correctly. good luck

No way The nut has to sit in the bezel so the bezel forces the angle...period

Attached picture 6848429-DSCF0653.JPG

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 09/30/11 01:25 AM

Attached picture 6848444-DSCF0654.JPG
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 09/30/11 01:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That is obviously not right. I cannot help you as mine has the factory top bezel but the rest of the antenna is a disguised two way radio antenna. They were used in the era by undercover cops from BNDD, FBI and other groups with initials for surveillance. I am using it for amateur radio. It has been on the car since 1979.
Craig

My bezel is a survivor. It is much flatter than yours.
Craig

Attached picture 6848476-antenna.JPG

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 09/30/11 01:42 AM

Thanks that's exactly what I was after.... the part
Posted By: dalescudashop

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 10/03/11 04:26 PM

Any chance of getting a picture of the other side?
Thanks

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 10/03/11 04:43 PM

The underside

Attached picture 6854018-DSCF0665.JPG

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 10/03/11 04:44 PM

this is the issue though, note the angle of the recess/collar around the hole ie the seat for the nut is at a 45 degree angle, just like an AAR

Attached picture 6854021-DSCF0666.JPG

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 10/03/11 04:45 PM

Here's the nut sitting in the seat. Package says DCS 70-74 Cuda except AAR antenna bezel ANTBZ1

Attached picture 6854024-DSCF0667.JPG
Posted By: azmopar

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 10/03/11 05:04 PM

looks more like an A body one to me
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 10/03/11 10:22 PM

Quote:

Here's the nut sitting in the seat. Package says DCS 70-74 Cuda except AAR antenna bezel ANTBZ1

I wish I had a dime for every repop part that I've seen mis-packaged, broke,or defective...Point is don't take the packaging as a guide here...You already know it's not the correct part...I bet the seller never looked in the box to actually confirm the contents...Send Dale's the pic you've posted here and get the correct one...

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 10/03/11 11:08 PM

That's already done

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 10/06/11 03:52 AM

New bezel, they list this as the AAR bezel

Attached picture 6858337-newbezel.jpg

Re: Need pic of cuda antenna base installed - 10/06/11 03:53 AM

Installed, antenna is pretty straight

Attached picture 6858340-DSCF0672.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums