Moparts

70 challenger project help

Posted By: Joemoy29

70 challenger project help - 09/16/11 12:33 AM

hello, i recently purchased a 70 challenger se 318 numbers matching car. The body and frame is solid, need some work on the 1/4s and trunk pan. my question is i am looking to strip the entire car and get the body and paint done. However i am on a budget i would say 6k max on body. most of the place around me want 10-25 to tackle this project. i have a huge indoor shop so i was thinking of doing it myself. i have done some body work but never sprayed auto paint. i am very handy and a quick learner. my question is i can buy a booth for 1k lift for undercairage 1k i would assume paint would be 5-800. i can get a good set of guns on loan, and i have a compressor. is this a doable project for the average weekender, any tips or suggestions.
thanks, joe
Posted By: Quicksmopars

Re: 70 challenger project help - 09/16/11 01:29 AM

If you've got the space to work in, it's definately a do-able project. You'll be surprised how many saw horses you'll use and that takes up a lot of space. Your materials alone will be more like $2,000 or so. Filler, primer, and sealer are also needed materials other than just paint. Good luck.
© 2024 Moparts Forums