Moparts

B5 interior colors

Posted By: KWF340

B5 interior colors - 08/27/11 03:50 PM

I’m looking for some help on the colors of specific interior parts for my ’70 Charger R/T SE with a B5 interior. Most of my interior has either been dyed by a previous owner (the incorrect shade of blue) or is just missing. From pics I've seen it appears the B5 interior had two shades of blue (B5 and a darker blue along the lines of B7).

Before I buy/dye new parts, I want to make sure I have the correct colors. Below is what I know and don’t know. Can anyone ID the unknown colors and/or let me know if the colors below are wrong?

Dash and steering column – Baltic blue (suede)

Carpet – Medium blue

Dark blue color
Glove box door, center dash trim, steering dash trim (from original)
Pillar post molding (from original)
Package tray (from original)

Bright blue color
Seats (from original)
Seat backs (from original)
Upper and lower Door panels (from original)
Sun visors (from original)
Door jam trim (from original)

Unknown
Seat belts
Arm pads - originals look like they may have been B5
Console – missing original, but from pics I've seen it appears to be darker than B5, maybe between B5 and B7
Headliner
Headliner trim (Front and side rails, seat belt hardware, hangers)
Kick panel – From the back of original panel it looks medium blue (between a B5 and a B7)
Dash pad – Guessing this should be dark blue to match dash frame
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: B5 interior colors - 08/27/11 06:00 PM

The 1970 Charger / Coronet Service Manual answers most of your questions.

Attached picture 6797795-1970-Dodge-b-body-interior-paint-1s.jpg

Re: B5 interior colors - 08/27/11 06:00 PM

Attached picture 6797796-1970-Dodge-b-body-interior-paint-2s.jpg

Re: B5 interior colors - 08/27/11 06:01 PM

Attached picture 6797797-1970-Dodge-b-body-interior-paint-3s.jpg

Re: B5 interior colors - 08/27/11 06:02 PM

Attached picture 6797798-1970-Dodge-b-body-interior-paint-4s.jpg
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: B5 interior colors - 08/27/11 06:15 PM

Quote:

I’m looking for some help on the colors of specific interior parts for my ’70 Charger R/T SE with a B5 interior.

What color Upper door does your fender tag specify? My interior is bright blue on my 69 but it's coded B7. The plastic parts need to be painted with a vinyl paint, the dash is suede lacquer finish, and the metal on the doors, back seat and headliner moldings are a gloss enamel. They may appear to be different shades of blue but I would be surprised if they are not all Baltic Blue?
Posted By: KWF340

Re: B5 interior colors - 08/27/11 11:48 PM

Quote:

What color Upper door does your fender tag specify? My interior is bright blue on my 69 but it's coded B7. The plastic parts need to be painted with a vinyl paint, the dash is suede lacquer finish, and the metal on the doors, back seat and headliner moldings are a gloss enamel. They may appear to be different shades of blue but I would be surprised if they are not all Baltic Blue?

Tag indicates door frames are B5, which is quite a bit different from baltic blue. Since yours is coded B7 and mine is B5, that suggests my parts should be bright blue.

I took a look at the factory manual prior to posting, but it doesn't address all the console and plastic trim parts (which are the ones that seem to be a different shade than the seats, door panels and visors) or any headliner/seat belt colors. Anyone have pics of an unmolested B5 interior?
Posted By: WORKER_BEE

Re: B5 interior colors - 08/28/11 01:28 AM

I took a look at the factory manual prior to posting, but it doesn't address all the console and plastic trim parts (which are the ones that seem to be a different shade than the seats, door panels and visors) or any headliner/seat belt colors. Anyone have pics of an unmolested B5 interior?

The way I remember it is that on a 1970 Charger, it's a combination of B5 & B7. The dash, column, pillers, arm rests and console are B7 and the seats and door panels are B5.
I can't remember what colour the seat belts are.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: B5 interior colors - 08/28/11 05:54 AM

Blue interiors are nice!
The FrankenDuster.....

Attached picture 6798814-DSCN0743.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums