Moparts

Best place to buy the following items?

Posted By: UCUDANT

Best place to buy the following items? - 08/11/11 12:33 AM

Can you tell me the best place to buy the following items?

1- 1972 Cuda Bumpers? Price and quality?
2- Grille installation hardware ? (kit?)
3- Cuda tail panel emblem? (dual pin bolt on
mount)
4- Any various clips and fastners.
5- AAR Cuda rear spoiler ( I GAVE my real one to an AAR owner with a cracked spoiler )

If possible contact info or websites for ordering these items would be great. I have personally found that Year one's stuff can pale in comparison to the quality of the parts that some members sell...ie their rallye mirror gaskets are much thinner than moparts members Dantes THANKS Dante. So since you all rocked last time...lets try it again.
Thanks to all your help again
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 08/11/11 12:41 AM

Spoiler - only one place www.fpap.com

Mirror gaskets that Year One sells are from Southwest Reproductions. A bunch of snakes that make mostly Chevy stuff but also rip of Mopar parts manufactures like myself and R/T specialties. They buy our parts, copy them and then sell poor copies for a few percent less.

The snkes even gave OUR Ebay gasket kit pictures to Year One to use to sell THIER kits. After a couple phone calls Year One removed our pictures. Year one still sells thier shitty paint gasket sets since they already sell thier Chevy parts. Think Year One isn't really interested in selling the best quality products. Just the product they can get cheap enough to double the price.

Oops, did I say all that
Posted By: Neil

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 08/11/11 01:35 AM

Hoover Auto Parts has a decent selection of hardware kits and misc. detailing parts. They are based out of Idaho so I get my parts super fast too. No signs of ripping off 71TA's gaskets either!

Bumpers? If your building a NICE car the have an original set rechromed. Goodmark might sell repo bumpers?????

About the only thing I have bought off Year One was a dash harness, and that was because they were the only game in town.

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 08/11/11 01:39 AM

I have a 73 front bumper so I have to find a 72....the spacing for the bolts is different. My rear bumper is pretty nice
Posted By: Dante

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 08/11/11 02:48 AM

I helped you out on the mirror gaskets and a few other parts, I can handle all of those other items as well

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 08/11/11 03:50 AM

Thanks, I will be calling when I am ready feel free to PM any quotes
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 08/11/11 11:09 PM

I have bought several items from retailers that sell Southwest Reproduction parts and I have never had a problem with any of their products.

Sounds like 71TA has a chip on his shoulder about the Business world and free enterprise!

R/T, well he never answers the phone so move on!
Posted By: HUSTLESTUFF

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 08/12/11 08:21 AM

I used an AMD front and rear bumper on my nieces car. Pretty good but not show quality. Probably the same as most rechromers unless you pay for show chrome. Fit was nice. Mike
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 08/12/11 08:33 AM

Quote:

I have bought several items from retailers that sell Southwest Reproduction parts and I have never had a problem with any of their products.

Sounds like 71TA has a chip on his shoulder about the Business world and free enterprise!

R/T, well he never answers the phone so move on!

Believe what you want, Jim makes a premium part, researches OE materials & designs & is very accurate in recreating his offerings.. Southwest offers a typical inferior knockoff & steals Jim's photo's to advertise their produce... Then again if your happy I'm sure it's not possible theres a better product offered...

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 08/13/11 02:17 AM

Ebay bumper this seller claims to sell a show quality bumper....thoughts?
Posted By: FPD031

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 08/13/11 03:47 PM

While I can't speak for the bumper itself, I have used Tamraz for other parts and the quality has been good.
Dave
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 08/16/11 08:17 AM

So 1WildRT what you are saying is that Jim (whoever he is) DID NOT COPY any of his parts from Chrysler? "Jim never copied anything and All is licensed??????

I thought thats what most repop stuff is!
Posted By: Dixie

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 08/16/11 03:15 PM

Quote:

Mirror gaskets that Year One sells are from Southwest Reproductions. A bunch of snakes that make mostly Chevy stuff but also rip of Mopar parts manufactures like myself and R/T specialties. They buy our parts, copy them and then sell poor copies for a few percent less.

The snkes even gave OUR Ebay gasket kit pictures to Year One to use to sell THIER kits. After a couple phone calls Year One removed our pictures. Year one still sells thier shitty paint gasket sets since they already sell thier Chevy parts. Think Year One isn't really interested in selling the best quality products. Just the product they can get cheap enough to double the price.

Oops, did I say all that

What, you got messed over by YO? Say it ain't SO! LOL. I had a similar experience with YO and sending units among other things. You just got schooled that some things are just about money.

You could always try selling your products to smaller distributors. Maybe people that will be loyal and are into this as hobbyists first. Just a thought.
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 01/30/12 11:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Oops, did I say all that

What, you got messed over by YO? Say it ain't SO! LOL. I had a similar experience with YO and sending units among other things. You just got schooled that some things are just about money.

You could always try selling your products to smaller distributors. Maybe people that will be loyal and are into this as hobbyists first. Just a thought.

This Centofanti guy IS Southwest. He sells HIS stuff to Year One. Actually his poor copies of my stuff.

I don't sell to Year One. They seem to just be interested in the $ like these guys. I sell to GREAT guys Tom at R/T, Jamie at MegaParts, National Moparts in Canada, The Mopar Shop on the west coast a place in Europe and a place in Japan. Plus we go to the shows and help each other out like you and I did at the Nationals this year.

I never copied anyones reproductions. I reverse engineered OEM Chrysler parts. Spoke to an met with Chryslers guy about trademark issues and he said no issues with my products cause only a couple rubber items ever had numbers on them.

So Micheal Centofanti/Southwest do the hard work. Don't just buy and copy my stuff. Sheesh dude. And a business tip, not everyone goes for the cheapest price. Majority of the time you get what you pay for.
Posted By: Hemiruss

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 01/31/12 10:42 PM

Here's my I once called Jim (71TA) to just ask a question about some over door seals and he SENT THEM TO ME FREE.....No questions he decided to do me a favor and I appreciated it more then you can imagine.NOW I'VE not needed anything that he offers lately BUT I WILL BE DEALING WITH HIM...
So just my input on the guys here to trust.....
Posted By: ChallengerGary

Re: Best place to buy the following items? - 01/31/12 11:06 PM

R/T Specialties for fasteners & clips. As Jim above stated Tom is a real Mopar guy who knows his stuff.
© 2024 Moparts Forums